Nightmare Kel Sara healing and force leech

We got through the Writhing Horror no issues thanks to over leveling, and general ease of the fight anyway. But, third phase with Kel Sara we got stuck. I think it had more to do with circles and people being dumb, but I was wondering how the force leech mechanic works. I had problems figuring out when to actually resume healing the tank. Also, if I have my hots on the tank before force leech hits him, do those count as heals while force leech is active thus you know killing him? As an operative, I just don't really know how to attack the third phase heal wise since my entire healing game is based on hots.

I had problems figuring out when to actually resume healing the tank.

When the debuff goes away

Also, if I have my hots on the tank before force leech hits him, do those count as heals while force leech is active thus you know killing him?

Yes hots will kill the tank (prob a lot more room for mistakes now with new gear)

Edited by invertioN

back in the day when my group ran this. any hots that were on the tank when he got the debuff, the tank would simply click off the hot buff.

but the healers still need to pay attention to the debuffs on the tanks to make sure they dont keep healing

Edited by JSitruc

back in the day when my group ran this. any hots that were on the tank when he got the debuff, the tank would simply click off the hot buff.

but the healers still need to pay attention to the debuffs on the tanks to make sure they dont keep healing

This, basically.

Leech always occurs after kelsaras beem of death. So simply have the tank with Aggro prior to it click off any hots, taunt her afterwards, get leech, other tank taunt off him/her. Not a problem at all

It's a debuff on the tank. It's the same looking one as the Monolith curse which is a similar mechanic. Once OT taunts Kels wait for debuff to expire then have tank call out for heals. Or if you are healing you can Focus target the tank with force leech.

Also what already has been said.

Edited by FerkWork

Back before 3.0 when I was running it as a mando I literally just didn't use any heals that had HoTs... i'de do the same now. You can still pump out more than enough heals without it.. Scoundrels get ****ed.. sages just have to be careful. I also stop all my AoE during that phase... The only time I would AoE heal (kolto bomb was all I had before..) is right after the tanks debuff fell off..

As for your circle issue, the red circles can be a real ***** if there are to many.. There are a few ways to get rid of it but the easiest is to skip your last doom puddles (keep a few up... somehow.. a slinger/sniper roll or sages force bubble.. do anything you can to keep 2-4 of them up for final phase) so that you have a few green puddles left... then when you get like 2-3 red, someone goes through all the red quickly then hits a green, it will remove the red debuff which ticks hard (used to..) and give you the green which isn't too bad.. do this a couple times so you have a clear field until she hits like 50ish %(might be able to get her way lower now at 60..)