Item restoration after 4 days - Nothing can be done?

Meatyka

I'm posting here as I've recently come back after a long hiatus. Apologies if this isn't the right board but I can't see a customer service section.

Bought some coins, decided to buy two armor sets. This was 4 days ago, on the 02/06/2019.

One of these sets I equipped immediatly, the other I left in my bag.

I'll hold my hands up and admit fault, I deleted the other set to clear up bag space thinking it had already been added to my collection. As not only did I purchase them I had to claim them. Didn't think there were any further steps needed to claim what I bought.

Today I realised they were not in my collection so I opened up a ticket. They admitted they can see what I had bougth and that I had deleted the items but flat out refused to restore the armor set or even provide me with one as it was too long ago.

Is this really the best customer service they can provide? Am I missing something here? I've spent money to obtain a virtual item that I cannot have. Granted I messed up but are they really telling me there is nothing that can be done? Because that seems hard to believe. Surely seeing that I have paid for something that I do not have isn't the way to go?

I would like to apologise for my rant as I imagine many people will start to flame me saying its myself fault. Yes, I've already been over that but my point is about the customer service and what they can do.

The reply I had from the service rep:

"My name is ******** and I’ve replied to your ticket in-game, you’ll find the answer below too.

We would like to tell you that, one would need to equip the complete set on the character at once and only then the set could be unlocked in the collections.

We checked and found that it was Chaotic Force-Master's armor set that you purchased for 1440 cartel coins and deleted the armor set after making the purchase and you may not have equipped it on the character and thus it did not unlock in collections.

We did check for possible options, however the set could not be restored either, as it is out of restoration period.

We hope you understand and we will really appreciate your patience and co-operation with us."

Edited by Meatyka

I'm posting here as I've recently come back after a long hiatus. Apologies if this isn't the right board but I can't see a customer service section.

Bought some coins, decided to buy two armor sets. This was 4 days ago, on the 02/06/2019.

One of these sets I equipped immediatly, the other I left in my bag.

I'll hold my hands up and admit fault, I deleted the other set to clear up bag space thinking it had already been added to my collection. As not only did I purchase them I had to claim them. Didn't think there were any further steps needed to claim what I bought.

Today I realised they were not in my collection so I opened up a ticket. They admitted they can see what I had bougth and that I had deleted the items but flat out refused to restore the armor set or even provide me with one as it was too long ago.

Is this really the best customer service they can provide? Am I missing something here? I've spent money to obtain a virtual item that I cannot have. Granted I messed up but are they really telling me there is nothing that can be done? Because that seems hard to believe. Surely seeing that I have paid for something that I do not have isn't the way to go?

I would like to apologise for my rant as I imagine many people will start to flame me saying its myself fault. Yes, I've already been over that but my point is about the customer service and what they can do.

Open one more ticket. If it's only been 4 days, there should be no reason they can't restore the item (not like it's been a month). Explain to the person kindly that your future subscription likely depends on the answer they give you, since 1000+ CCs is a lot of money. Yes, it's your fault, but it was a mistake and the game does a poor job of explaining how collections work.

I recently had a similar issue (put all the armor pieces in outfit designer, but my inventory was full so I deleted the pants and belt after successfully adding them to outfit designer, then I discovered that even if you unlock everything in outfit designer, you have to physically have all 5/6 pieces in your inventory, bound, at the SAME TIME to unlock the collection) but in my case, customer service was very helpful. They even apologized for taking so long to get back to me, and added the two items back into my inventory.

4 days should not be too long. Simply sending another ticket (politely of course) will hopefully get better results.

You could also try PMing Eric Musco in forums to see if he can shed some light on the item restoration policies (to the best of my knowledge, they've never given any kind of hard cutoff)

The sad thing about CS (not unique to SWTOR) is that most of them work in practical sweatshops with 0 investment and often 0 understanding of the product they are supporting. As such, they will often pull dumb stunts like this because they just don't give a dam. The quality you get is a total crap shoot

I'm really surprised to hear this, since CS has kindly fixed several of my own bone-headed mistakes, which didn't even involve real money. I agree with everyone else that politely trying again is probably your best bet. Edited by Hudlar

then I discovered that even if you unlock everything in outfit designer, you have to physically have all 5/6 pieces in your inventory, bound, at the SAME TIME to unlock the collection

If that's the case, there's a bug, assuming that you meant 5/5 or 6/6 and not the 5/6 that you said. (And a full full set is 7 pieces, not 6, and some sets are only 3 or 4, and there's one set that's only two pieces.)(1)

There are reports that Outfit Designer binding doesn't always work correctly, although I've never had a problem with it, and it's so rare that I first-bind items by giving them to a companion that I can't comment on whether that works consistently. The theoretical binding procedures are:

* Wear or equip (for weapons) the item on your character.

* Putting flairs, titles, emotes and mounts into your abilities panel.

* Add armour pieces to an outfit.

* Give armour pieces or weapons to a companion.

* Using toys for their toy effect.

* Adding modifications to weapons or armour pieces.

* Adding colour crystals to weapons binds the weapon *and* the crystal.

* Adding tunings to weapons binds the weapon and the tuning.

I've never seen any problems with any of these

It has always been the case that you had to bind, on the same character, all the pieces of a set(2) before it would unlock in collections, but it was never the case that you had to have the bound pieces in your inventory at the same time. In fact:

* If you wear the pieces of a set, the set unlocks while you are still wearing it, not after you take it off.

* You can acquire the pieces one at a time on a character, and bind-and-delete each piece as you get it, so that you never have more than one piece at a time.

* I did almost that on one character with the Satele Shan set. I bought the three cheap pieces one at a time on the GTN over a few weeks, and bound each piece then deleted it, then bought (on the same account) the last two pieces and bound them a few months later when I had a shed-load of credits from selling items I didn't want on the GTN.

(1) Some of the Reveller sets are hat, chest and legs; and the Covert Energy *set* is only three pieces - wrists and belt are separate. The Basic Women's Underwear set is chest and legs only.

(2) There is now one set (the new Swimwear set) that has eight pieces because there are two chest pieces (short shoulder-cape or no shoulder-cape), so you can't wear the whole set at the same time. You have to bind all eight.

It has always been the case that you had to bind, on the same character, all the pieces of a set(2) before it would unlock in collections, but it was never the case that you had to have the bound pieces in your inventory at the same time. In fact:

* You can acquire the pieces one at a time on a character, and bind-and-delete each piece as you get it, so that you never have more than one piece at a time.

Agree with your post, but these parts above have given me problems in the past. I usually have to have the set fully unlocked on a single toon before it unlocks in collections. I've tried to bind/delete items on different toons over times and more often than not it fails.

On a bigger note, the idea of forcing delete (rather than vendoring, or having some in game "trash bin") items from the CM is bad design and prone to errors like these.

OP, I would just open another ticket. If they can confirm the purchase, there is no reason they can't unlock the set in your collections for that specific alt (make sure that's exactly what you're asking for, and not the set itself, or an unlock in collections). if you still have trouble, PM Eric...

Agree with your post, but these parts above have given me problems in the past. I usually have to have the set fully unlocked on a single toon before it unlocks in collections. I've tried to bind/delete items on different toons over times and more often than not it fails.

On a bigger note, the idea of forcing delete (rather than vendoring, or having some in game "trash bin") items from the CM is bad design and prone to errors like these.

OP, I would just open another ticket. If they can confirm the purchase, there is no reason they can't unlock the set in your collections for that specific alt (make sure that's exactly what you're asking for, and not the set itself, or an unlock in collections). if you still have trouble, PM Eric...

They 100% confirmed I purchased the set using coins. I also have that in writing as they also sent me an email. I've logged another ticket and will wait and see how that goes. Otherwise, I'll PM Eric. It would be a shame if it had to go that far though.

The entire collection system is confusing for new players or even returning players.

It only ever worked if you bound the whole set on one character. The point of my thing about the Satele Shan set was that I did it on one character but binding different pieces at different times (with the bound pieces deleted immediately after binding) rather than on different characters. (And yes, I've had some sets with different bits bound on different characters, and that didn't work until I finished the set on one of them.)

When you send the in game help, you could get anyone, most of the replies you get are generic and generated for them. Your best bet is to actually ring the support line, the people you get there are more understanding and willing to help. I've always had better resulta from ringin then ingame support.

The same guy got my ticket and replied with the following:

As we mentioned earlier in previous ticket that the deleted items are only available for restoration for a certain time period after which they could not be restored.

We did check for possible options again, however the set could not be restored, as it is out of restoration period.

We hope you understand and we will really appreciate your patience and co-operation with us.

Does anyone know if they have a complaint email or anything?

The same guy got my ticket and replied with the following:

As we mentioned earlier in previous ticket that the deleted items are only available for restoration for a certain time period after which they could not be restored.

We did check for possible options again, however the set could not be restored, as it is out of restoration period.

We hope you understand and we will really appreciate your patience and co-operation with us.

Does anyone know if they have a complaint email or anything?

You can try pm'ing Musco. This is the second time recently I've read of the same CS agent getting the followup ticket. It's also the second time I've read of him punting on the followup response. It's starting to look like there's just one guy working there and he doesn't seem to be all that bothered.

You can try pm'ing Musco. This is the second time recently I've read of the same CS agent getting the followup ticket. It's also the second time I've read of him punting on the followup response. It's starting to look like there's just one guy working there and he doesn't seem to be all that bothered.

I've PMed him and I'll hope for the best.

Bit dissapointed that my complaint ticket about the CS rep was picked up by said CS rep and therefore it was pretty much thrown away. Lovely.

It only ever worked if you bound the whole set on one character.

There may have been a bug in the early days of the Collections system. I'm pretty sure I did unlock a set while equipping pieces on different characters. However, I don't recall what set it was and I'm also very sure that, if there was a bug, it's been fixed. :)

I understand that the whole "unlocking" thing may be a bit confusing to new players. Here's the bottom line:

You need to equip the full set on one character (not companion, not outfit). Once a piece (or set) is equipped and unlocked, you don't need to keep it equipped.

What I do to unlock a set is to simply put the new set into my inventory and then right-click on each piece to swap it to my character. Then right-click on each former piece to put them back on the character. Viola! :)

Edited by JediQuaker

What I do to unlock a set is to simply put the new set into my inventory and then right-click on each piece to swap it to my character. Then right-click on each former piece to put them back on the character. Viola! :)

That works for sure. Just remember that if you want to unlock the new swimwear set, you *do* need to equip *both* chest pieces.

Posting an update, so that Bioware is aware of the service they are providing and so that others can see.

I emailed Support@swtor.com asking how do I go about making a complain. Wasn't sure whether it was the correct email address or had a seperate one.

Guess who picked it up? The exact same guy who picked up my two previous tickets. So how do you think that went?

This was his reply:

"My name is ******* and I will certainly try my best to provide you complete information in the given situation.

We checked everything and it may not sound helpful, however as mentioned earlier the resolution stands the same and the armor set could not be restored.

Though our development team are always interested to hear suggestions, ideas, and constructive criticism about the game, and they regularly check the official forums to read feedback from players like you.

If you haven’t already, please post this in the Suggestion Box on the official forums: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

While the SW:TOR team can’t reply to every post, they do read through them all.

If you want to see all posts from the dev team in one place, check the Developer Tracker: http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

Should you require further assistance with any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Once again thanks a lot for contacting Star Wars : The Old Republic support."

Why do I keep having doors closed in my face by the exact same person on 3 seperate occassions? How is this fair? Is this guy covering himself cause he knows he screwed up? Is he new? What is going on?

I am wondering i've had another problem by replacing one of the mods on my Victorius Pioneer mod (Armor mod), when i didn't notice it wasn't the 2nd mod under the armor mod, i put in a ticket just wondering how long does it usually take for them to respond been 2 days now with nothing. So kinda getting worried if 4 days do pass won't be able to get it back.

The set does provide xp bouns and righ tnow its saying 6/7 since i did replace the mod.

Edited by xXreeedCarnageXx

Why do I keep having doors closed in my face by the exact same person on 3 seperate occassions? How is this fair? Is this guy covering himself cause he knows he screwed up? Is he new? What is going on?

Yep, Gary is working the help desk by himself. If Gary don't wanna, Gary ain't gonna.