Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware buff dps specs this class is a joke

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Bioware buff dps specs this class is a joke

BraverDre
12.08.2017 , 07:18 PM | #1
Cmon bioware. This is the most useless class in pve in dps specs! The worst dps on dps challenges because this class was not properly designed. Change it!

Kiervilon
12.14.2017 , 08:33 AM | #2
As far as I am aware the class may not have the highest DPS, but what you gain in return is a massive amount of raid utility. You have a raid wide buff, sorc bubble, off heals, force pull, and a combat rez. Couple that with the fact that it is a ranged class and has great AOE damage and you get an amazing class. I will not argue that sorc DPS for the dot spec may be a little low, but it is far from a useless class.

StrikePrice
12.15.2017 , 10:50 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiervilon View Post
As far as I am aware the class may not have the highest DPS, but what you gain in return is a massive amount of raid utility. You have a raid wide buff, sorc bubble, off heals, force pull, and a combat rez. Couple that with the fact that it is a ranged class and has great AOE damage and you get an amazing class. I will not argue that sorc DPS for the dot spec may be a little low, but it is far from a useless class.
But when you try and do all that stuff, the complexity of the class is enormous. Just the sustained DPS rotations are ridiculously complex and then to have it be low AND complex is a hard pill to swallow.

Kiervilon
12.17.2017 , 03:04 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by StrikePrice View Post
But when you try and do all that stuff, the complexity of the class is enormous. Just the sustained DPS rotations are ridiculously complex and then to have it be low AND complex is a hard pill to swallow.
The number of abilities does not make the class hard to play. The rotations are very simple and you never have to worry about your energy consumption as DPS. There may be some people who can't handle all the extra things sorcerers can do, but none of them are required to play the class.

GrimWulf
12.19.2017 , 06:26 AM | #5
But its basically the laughing stock of the DPS classes. Come on. The Sorc should be one of the most powerful beings in the Star Wars Universe(unless he has a lightsaber siting on his arm chair)

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge...

Kiervilon
12.19.2017 , 08:24 AM | #6
That is true, but I would argue that PT dps is in an even worse spot than sorcerers.

ZouYan
12.19.2017 , 09:06 AM | #7
PT dps is in an awesome place. Pyro atm is the top parsing spec and AP still has rlly good sustained dps with the best burst in the game. Having 1 pt is basically metta for most NiM raid groups.
Co-GM <Lightning Masters> <Pull Burn Profit>
Mortema | Tsouyen
26/26 NiM post 5.0 | 5/5 Timed Runs
https://lightningmasters-guild.enjin.com/

KendraP
12.19.2017 , 09:47 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ZouYan View Post
PT dps is in an awesome place. Pyro atm is the top parsing spec and AP still has rlly good sustained dps with the best burst in the game. Having 1 pt is basically metta for most NiM raid groups.
As much as I sympathize with the plight of sage dps (you guys are squishy as crap), I do feel the need to point out that VG dps is just as squishy... And melee too!

Rkillerfin
12.20.2017 , 01:04 AM | #9
Sorc dps rotations complex?

Madness is the easiest dot-spec in the game and lightning is a very simple priority system, not to mention both specs have infinite force.

Also saying sorcs have off-heals and bubbles is misleading because to utilize these you have to sacrifice your already low dps.

BraverDre
12.20.2017 , 01:26 AM | #10
Buoware have been lying to us on how balance should work. Madness is sustained rDPS and its dps is so low compare to burstly mDPS.. even though they should be on the same target dps. Any range class is better thn a sorc. People who are trying to say that we sorcs are crying too much are wrong. I am a top sorc on a dummy and I can do revan hm as a sorc dps but there is no way my sorc is usefull. I do 5.1k on core burn as a sorc while on a merc arsenal i can do over 6,5k. I rerolled on mara and managed to do 6,5k on core without even trying hard.

So yeah sorc need a big buff otherwise it still will be the wors dps class for NiM content and ranked pvp.

PT is the best mDPS atm. Feels like good players left the game and only casual players stayed that don't do NiM contend and Tr but do sm and unranked and saying thet sorcs are ok.. tired or u guys...