Queues again??

AscendingSky

Wow, vicious group tonight. I fully understand your frustration and am also unhappy with the situation. Yes, it has happened multiple times the past month, and yes it is related to the new Datacenter, but likely due to some configuration change we haven't isolated. I absolutely believe we'll figure it out so we can get back to being the very patient, empathetic, and agreeable folks we all try to be on these forums.

East Coast servers should be back up soon!

---Keith

Thanks.

Don't need a semi-lecture.

Good that you know you messed up and thanks for getting us back up.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the reason why people are upset is that it keeps happening. To where it's getting to be a almost weekly thing. When it something that doesn't happen in other MMOs and when it does, it's a rarity that doesn't keep happening.

Lost almost 3 levels to the roll back :/

Imma bold text this for everyone.

IF YOU HEAR A WHISPER OF A QUEUE STARTING, IMMEDIATELY

LOG THE EFF OUT.

From my experience on harbinger, the server is obviously encountering errors and MAY NOT be saving progress. Aka: rollback. Just some personal experience/insight. Take it or leave it but I prefer being safe than sorry. They don't care here if there's a rollback. I've been through plenty, lost 6 chapters, cxp crates, gtn purchases. Best to hit log out until they've investigated.

Edited by americanaussie

I think the reason why people are upset is that it keeps happening. To where it's getting to be a almost weekly thing. When it something that doesn't happen in other MMOs and when it does, it's a rarity that doesn't keep happening.

Of course that is. The more it happens, the more toxic and vicious people will become.

Of course that is. The more it happens, the more toxic and vicious people will become.

Eh, players in this game are just toxic and vicious anyway.

It's never good enough.

I DEMAND KEITH TO PERSONALLY COME TO MY HOUSE AND APOLGIZE OR I UNSUB

I really hope all these server issues will be a thing of the past soon.

Hold on...are you indicating you haven't already done that with your toons? :D
Nope, and the measly +25% Command XP legacy perk for sub-300 characters in your legacy doesn't really help all that much either. :(

It would be nice if you could boost this to +100% per character that reaches rank 300 (for example, if you have 1 character that reached Command Rank 300 all sub-300 characters get +100% from the perk, once the second character reaches command rank 300 all sub-300 characters get +200%, when the third one reaches it all sub-300s get +300% etc. (you could add a cap on how much is the maximum, +1000% or whatever). This would finally allow people with many characters to have fun (newsflash: grinding and RNG isn't fun!) catching up instead of completely discouraging them to play which will cause them to unsubscribe and leaving the game again because they can't easily catch up their alternate characters to command rank 300.

Edited by Glzmo

I just noticed that all the guild conquest leaderboards are blank.

checked ours, and while topped the board with 8+mil points on Alderaan, now, after this rollback, guild status shows FAILED.

Better still get credit after reset, or that will be a whole nother kettle of rotten fish to deal with

Yup, big rollback. Oh well. :(

I was one of the lucky ones that had just logged on before the Weekly Crash {WC}...so lost only 1 WZ. But from my perspective the server might as well never have come back up because the real time loss killed my chosen activity.

I feel for those that got finished with whatever goals they had and logged off just before the WC unaware. Now they get to log on tomorrow to lost weeklies, any organizing they might have been doing etc. etc..

I wonder how many players finally won that "Pig" inside the rollback window {lol}? Keith talks about empathy....these are the people I feel for. The ones screwed over...and likely to be confused for a few moments as they wonder what happened.

My empathy is for those players out there that have lost confidence in this service. For those that wonder if they should even bother since they cannot trust the integrity of the game anymore. I mean since this can happen any time....with an established pattern {of sorts}...the only question is when is it going to bite me in the *** next time?

Wow, vicious group tonight. I fully understand your frustration and am also unhappy with the situation. Yes, it has happened multiple times the past month, and yes it is related to the new Datacenter, but likely due to some configuration change we haven't isolated. I absolutely believe we'll figure it out so we can get back to being the very patient, empathetic, and agreeable folks we all try to be on these forums.

East Coast servers should be back up soon!

---Keith

Devs be like

What you guys ************ about? Not like there's any new content to play. Shut up and pay your subs! Anthem needs a pony.

ya know if east coast servers were merged to west coast this wouldn't be such an issue.

Just saying ... ;)

lmao 😂😂

East Coast servers = the old Harbinger before data centre moves.

Edited by Icykill_

checked ours, and while topped the board with 8+mil points on Alderaan, now, after this rollback, guild status shows FAILED.

Better still get credit after reset, or that will be a whole nother kettle of rotten fish to deal with

Only 8 million? We never got credit for 50+.

So the same problem that has been a problem with logins popped up again tonight. That's fine, you know what? It happens. It keeps happening, and you still haven't worked out why, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Then the servers go down. Unannounced and unacknowledged. Okay, that's not really doing so great on the communication front, but we'll deal with it. I'm sure it wasn't intentional!

But then, when you get the servers back up, there's been a 45 minute or more rollback.

There's one more dev post after we bring up the rollback, but it's just a lame joke about CXP rather than any sort of acknowledgement.

Uh.

Yeah. Okay. I'm easygoing enough, but I'm annoyed. Maybe that's not fair of me, but I am. You guys dropped the ball.

I have a solution to compensate the players for these issues:

Grant every eligible character on the East Coast servers Galactic Command level 300 :jawa_tongue:

im with this, keith :D ^ i stopped grinding myway up in command points after reaching tier 2 :D that was like my goal .

havnt set a " reach tier 3 " goal yet lul

I absolutely believe we'll figure it out so we can get back to being the very patient, empathetic, and agreeable folks we all try to be on these forums.

---Keith

Ok you made me giggle real hard there haha

Didnt even know the servers were being bonkers (im sorry i have a life outside star wars sometimes QQ). Dont think i missed anything good though, best bit was this thread summary hands down.

Back to hammering my head against safeguard and net spam in pvp.

Hold on...are you indicating you haven't already done that with your toons? :D

I have done it on the merc that I love to play but will relegate to alt status when you nerf the **** out if next month. I have also done it on a pt so that I can tank for my guild when needed, and for an assassin.

I am now having to work on a melee dot spec toon to replace my merc as my main. Unfortunately the ridiculous grind to get another toon to 300 is something that I DON'T want to do. I already did the grind 3 times, and doing it again makes me feel like the game is becoming too much of a chore.

On top of that, I am playing the game less now than I used to, and the reason that I play less is because of the galactic command system and the associated grind.

Grinding toons to level 300 and then still having to grind for gear once reaching 300 is not fun to me, and it never will be.

• Dev Post
Servers are back up, but it looks like there was a rollback. I lost maybe 45 minutes or more. Anyone else seeing that?

Hey there,

As when we experienced this previously, it is possible that a rollback occurred. Based on the timing of the issue, any that did occur will have been fairly minor (30-45 minutes at most). From what we could see on our side, data did properly go through so there should be a very small number of players who are affected. We do apologize for any inconvenience if you were impacted. We are continuing our investigation today into what has been occurring to prevent this in the future.

-eric