Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Timed weekly needs to be renamed to GSF weekly

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Timed weekly needs to be renamed to GSF weekly
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

spatnatz
05.22.2019 , 06:42 AM | #51
(Dupe post, sorry about that.)

omaan
05.22.2019 , 06:53 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey all,

I double checked with the team and it is not a bug, it was just that the 1 in 4 chance pulled GSF 3 weeks in a row (not the best if you aren't a GSF fan). We did verify though that next week is not GSF.

Thanks all!

-eric
Maybe you just artificially making it to be gsf to force people to play gsf. That why players doesn't support your rng policy because we really can't know if it is really rng or just you adjusting it as you want. Same with CM crates, same with lootboxes, same with weekly quests etc. You just chiise whatever you want us to play, get, win etc. Thats a fail policy as you may see

Lakemine
05.22.2019 , 07:20 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Maybe you just artificially making it to be gsf to force people to play gsf. That why players doesn't support your rng policy because we really can't know if it is really rng or just you adjusting it as you want. Same with CM crates, same with lootboxes, same with weekly quests etc. You just chiise whatever you want us to play, get, win etc. Thats a fail policy as you may see
What I find very interesting is all the games I played/play (only been playing online games for about 9 years, and the first 3-4 of those was CoD before my finger got snapped in half and SWTOR was the only game I could play, which I started literally 3 weeks before the injury.), is that whenever there is random/RNG/gambling aspect in whatever game, be it gameplay, rewards or "loot" boxes, people get upset. Always. Yet, when there are choices and options, people are greatly happy. And yet......SO MANY game companies continue to do the opposite. Add more gambling, take away choices, and what happens? People loss interest and leave. And this isn't just SWTOR, but many other games as well.

Also, speaking of gambling. Eric? Can you ask the devs to look at the "Alliance Crates" system an do what I suggested before 4.0 came out? Have it be currency based system instead of random gambling for the pieces? It is very annoying when I have opened well over 300+ of the smuggler boxes and only got ONE underworld chest piece (its one of the best ingame) and yet I know a few players who have got about 15 of them. Each. If it is a currency based system, it would make ALOT of people happy , because then we can buy the cosmetic armor pieces we want, instead of selling the 278th copy of the bounty hunter underworld bracers.
I love Star Wars.

zoltanrises
05.22.2019 , 07:32 AM | #54
I was wondering if the intention is to put the last nail in the coffin,GSF for 2% of the population. Smart move having it as a random pull chance for a weekly.

Darevsool
05.22.2019 , 08:01 AM | #55
I'm probably not adding much new to the conversation, but, something people either didn't know, or don't remember, is that since the announcement of these "timed" weekly missions they were always supposed to be RNG.
It was stated by the devs/Eric before they were implemented.
Several people voiced their concerns. I may have even been one of them. The RNG system is a HORRIBLE choice when there are only 4 options.

Also, since a couple people mentioned it...CONQUEST is NOT on a set schedule anymore.
It used to be several years ago, but with the new conquest system came "partial" RNG goodness!

The EVENT conquest invasions are scheduled. Rakghoul / Gree / etc. The "filler" conquest weeks are currently RNG.
<Dead Wookiee Storage> Imp - StarForge/Satele Shan
<Babyslaughter> Pub - Star Forge
<SluisVanShipyards> Pub - Satele Shan
....and who doesn't like laughing babies?

casirabit
05.22.2019 , 08:11 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Elessara View Post
So let's get this straight ...
1. Causing property damage
2. Attempting (and failing) to commit a crime
3. Blacking out
4. Waking up mostly naked with a black eye and being robbed yourself

It kinda sounds like a big fail all around for you.

Honestly though the party story part ended when you got yourself kicked out. Anything after that and you're no longer at a party, so really the last time you were at a party all you did was break a table and get kicked out. I mean, I'd have to say if I were the host of the party where you broke my table, that no you were not fun at a party.
And then the host of the party would have came to my law firm and talk to an attorney who would then proceed to sue her/him for the broken table and any other property damage that she/he may have caused as well.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

Joonbeams
05.22.2019 , 08:56 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by spatnatz View Post
You may have been thinking of the geometric distribution, which is close to what you have--you'd have to multiply what you had by X again. That is probably what would make this theory work. It has to do with counting the number of failures until the first success (or vice versa).

Furthermore, according to a certain statistical rule of thumb (won't bore you with details), where np>= 10, and n(1-p) >= 10, with such a low probability, you'd need a very large value of n before you start to see results that converge to the expected value. In particular, we'd be talking about 642 3-week periods, or roughly 5.3 years. (!!!!)

So this means that, in the short term, we might see some surprising and unlikely results. As I mentioned previously, as time goes on, we would expect to see these unlikely events occur less and less frequently in a "perfectly random world."
Yes on geometric distribution. That's what I was thinking of.
And I think you're referring to the law of large numbers (probability theory)?

Sarova
05.22.2019 , 09:24 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Benirons View Post
This is seriously bull. 3 weeks in a row now. I put up with this for 2 weeks and i really had my hopes up for getting what i thought would be SM ops for the weekly (or anything else for the matter, i dont care).

The pattern seems to be 2 weeks straight u get the same timed weekly. Since my recent return to the game a 3 week streak is unprecedented and very unwelcome.

Im seriously being pressed into queuing GSF while watching/doing whatever and just doing nothing cross my fingers for 3 wins eventually.

Is this what u guys want? This is not exactly conducive to a healthy gameplay environment.
Worse than any of that is that wins STILL DO NOT COUNT to the required win total I wasted so much time last week before I realised the quest has NOT been fixed.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treats™
Allow us to Buy Multiples of the same Stronghold
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

phalczen
05.22.2019 , 10:01 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
Worse than any of that is that wins STILL DO NOT COUNT to the required win total I wasted so much time last week before I realised the quest has NOT been fixed.
Umm, I just finished it last night, and finished it on two toons last week.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

EricMusco
05.22.2019 , 10:05 AM | #60 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Let me add a little more clarity on how the system works exactly. There are a number of systems in our game that are inherently tied together even if they may not seem to be. This is one of those cases.

The Weekly Masterwork Mission is directly tied to whatever Conquest is running on any given week. The reason that this makes the Weekly Mission random is that our Conquest schedule is also random. It is worth noting that the exception to this rule is that we manually override the random schedule when events run. An example of this would be that next week (and the week after) we know that the Dantooine Conquest will be running. The Weekly Mission that runs alongside that Conquest is not GSF, which is how I was able to answer the question of what is coming next week.

I hope that adds some clarity to what is happening with the Weekly Missions. Thanks all.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]