Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any chance that crates will be addressed before 6.0??? They are boring and depressing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Any chance that crates will be addressed before 6.0??? They are boring and depressing
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FourPawnBenoni
05.16.2019 , 09:41 PM | #1
Opening crates is a "nothing" experience.

252 gear never drops. Nothing else in there is needed. Don't need anymore companion gifts. Don't need 246 or 248 gear and even when I do get some the UC's are too minuscule to bother with...

no use disintegrating, no use keeping...pointless and boring

Please increase chances to get meaningful gear or increase UC rate

Seterade
05.16.2019 , 09:44 PM | #2
or you know. scrap all of galatic command and go back to the system that made money pre 5.0

which is kinda what they did.

pehwraah
05.17.2019 , 07:34 AM | #3
Im getting real sick of opening crates. Its tedious, uninteresting and gives mostly trash nowadays when we gear up through Ossus. Jedi under siege actually made Command crates totally redundant (except for the few CMT's).For 6.0 I'd want command crates to have better drops (no trash) and taking longer to earn. That way you would not have to sit and open 20 crates every night. Honeslty feels like work. I'd take 2 crates with good drops over 20 crates with mostly trash any day..
ADMINISTRATÖR
<Swedish Fork Lords>
<Räddningspatrullen>
på [Darth Malgus]

Nemmar
05.17.2019 , 07:54 AM | #4
Trade the components for masterwork crystals on Ossus.

Things are not gonna change for 2-3 months. It's a waste of resources. What they could do is increase the drop rate for masterwork or monumental crystals coming from the crates. It's not like it matters anymore.

Though i do care a lot about the gifts i get from it. Wouldn't be able to level up my comps without it. Also am happy when i get the augment mats every once in a while.

FourPawnBenoni
05.17.2019 , 08:50 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
Trade the components for masterwork crystals on Ossus.
That's one of the points I made. A piece of 246 gear, is only like 6 UC's. You need 500 just for one crystal. Do you realize how many crates you have to open to get 500 UC's? The rate is just way too slow and makes opening crates depressing, not rewarding.

robertthebard
05.17.2019 , 11:27 AM | #6
So I'm of two minds on this:

1. Yeah, opening the crates is pretty dull, but since I'm still not to anything like tier 2, it's still profitable, to some extent, for me.

2. If they up it enough to make people happy, it won't be very long before we're here with "there's nothing to work towards".
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

DzastinBiberi
05.17.2019 , 07:04 PM | #7
What they could do is increase the drop rate for masterwork or monumental crystals coming from the crates. It's not like it matters anymore.
Except those crystals aren't dropping from crates at all.

Toraak
05.17.2019 , 07:18 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by FourPawnBenoni View Post
Opening crates is a "nothing" experience.

252 gear never drops. Nothing else in there is needed. Don't need anymore companion gifts. Don't need 246 or 248 gear and even when I do get some the UC's are too minuscule to bother with...

no use disintegrating, no use keeping...pointless and boring

Please increase chances to get meaningful gear or increase UC rate
I wouldn't even expect GC to go away in 6.0 If you read the Spoils of War section it lists Galactic Command in it, so don't expect them to take it out when 6.0 comes out. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20190413
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Nemmar
05.17.2019 , 07:31 PM | #9
GC is a good gearing method for casual players. I do believe that all players should have acess to a progression road in gear, no matter their prefered play style. Though the most challenging stuff should reward it faster.

Toraak
05.17.2019 , 07:39 PM | #10
GC is a good gearing method for casual players. I do believe that all players should have acess to a progression road in gear, no matter their prefered play style. Though the most challenging stuff should reward it faster.
Agreed, that's why I like how gearing was up until 5.2-5.9 (granted I actually like it for 5.10 as well not counting MH/OH). If they have it basically like it was from 5.2 (think that's when UC's, and Ops drops came back) until 5.9 when the expansion hits it won't be to bad I hope.

That'll just have Galactic Command be more of a supplementary gearing system for those who are willing to do Operations and PvP for gear.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P