Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darkrebellord
05.17.2019 , 01:46 AM | #21
Eric Musco,

The companions not attacking is not isolated to just range companions, the issue is far greater than just companions too occasional your own character will stop, pause and or continue to apply its ability long after you stop pressing the associated keys and or clicking the mouse.

The problem too relate to cut scenes when chatting I believe its combination of interference by ISP providers upgrading there service to Windows updates and to service interruption that is leading to some server issues that's corrupts the characters and companion movements as the game records the last input to the servers from the end users online gaming and if there is a disruption that has to be record within the game play like any other application and software issue,

I am not making a complaint but to say companions not attacking has been around since launch should have been address back in 2012 then when you were suspending people for abnormal game play where end users did report matters that there system were experience strange activities.

Zerileth
05.17.2019 , 02:58 AM | #22
Shae nerf 6.0. Fun while it lasted.
. <--------just this little red dot

Darth_Sidewinder
05.17.2019 , 02:58 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Thanks for the info Eric. While we're on the topic of companions, any word on them getting their unique abilities back? i.e. Blizz's rocket launcher? There's a few others I just can't remember them off the top of my head.
I will second this. At least with SOME of the companions, i.e. the old ones. I mean they have been around the most and people have very personal relationship to them.

Also, it's been mentioned elsewhere, but can't bring it up often enough, please look into the bug where Felix Iresso and Zenith use both each other's lines while in the Healing mode. It seemingly has been around for ages and nobody seems to have done anything about it.
I have always been advocating for Mon Calamari Imperial Agents.
"Mwa ha ha, you fools, IT all was A TRAP!!!"

Pscyon
05.17.2019 , 05:06 AM | #24
Ever since we got the ability to the choose our companions' roles, they've been using the wrong voices for said roles. Tanking companions spouting healer lines and vice versa. If you're honestly going to fix something for a change, could you address this while you're at it?

Please?

Pretty please?
What you get from a referral link: a box of junk and one single server transfer token.

What the other person gets: 500 cartel coins, 100 more each month you stay subscribed, a speeder bike and a droid vanity pet.

Rebamcfan
05.17.2019 , 05:38 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Sidewinder View Post
I will second this. At least with SOME of the companions, i.e. the old ones. I mean they have been around the most and people have very personal relationship to them.

Also, it's been mentioned elsewhere, but can't bring it up often enough, please look into the bug where Felix Iresso and Zenith use both each other's lines while in the Healing mode. It seemingly has been around for ages and nobody seems to have done anything about it.
Just thought to add this, but I've heard Zenith's lines on Felix when he's in tanking or DPS-mode too.
"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, arts." -Grand Admiral Thrawn
http://www.swtor.com/r/3d6ZQg If you liked what I posted, feel free to use my Referral link. ^_^

go_rogue
05.17.2019 , 07:11 AM | #26
Eric,

Thanks for updating us on this. I noticed companions starting to have issues in 5.0 when they would just lag behind like they got distracted by something and then eventually catch up or suddenly appear at my side out of nowhere. So I'm glad that this is being looked at.

On a different note, however, are the GSI droids for SM Flashpoints. I usually just dismiss the droid anyway, but I had a low-level toon I was testing something else on for a separate bug report and was running Taral V. The GSI combat support droid wouldn't follow into some of the smaller one-room buildings, notably the Imperial Base - Living Quarters at Coordinate -501,575 where there are 3 Sith Dominators and the Command Center at -501,836 where the bonus boss is. The droid still pulls aggro of the Sith Dominators and the bonus boss but, because it's not in the room, causes them to evade since they are unable to see and hit the GSI droid. It seems that the GSI combat support droid is suffering from the same bug as the companions. Just thought I'd add this here since it seems to be a part of the same overall issue.

nepochop
05.17.2019 , 07:38 AM | #27
I dunno I kinda liked Shae Vizla to have an OP attack, like no other companion or the amazing heals from Z3 R0. Too bad that will be removed.

FlameYOL
05.17.2019 , 08:44 AM | #28
Well it's a shame that this issue has apparently been happening for ages, I cannot say I ever encountered it though but regardless of my own experiences it's good to know it's being worked on. Also good to know there is a possibility of the fix being deployed sooner than 6.0, as I believe that quantity of months has been too many for an issue that was only aggravated by patch 5.10. Regardless I appreciate the update Eric, looking forward to this fix.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Sarova
05.17.2019 , 09:40 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Companion Ineffectiveness / Imbalance
One of the other issues that we hear about is that some Companions are ineffective in specific roles or imbalanced compared to other Companions. For 6.0 the team is making a full pass across all Companions to make a variety of updates. Most notably to address this very imbalance, update abilities, and more.

Companions are a critical part of SWTOR and so we take issues with them very seriously. We know that sometimes changes don’t come as quick as you would like but know that we are working to get these types of issues resolved as fast as we can! We thank you for all of the reports around these issues as they were very helpful in isolating the root causes to work towards addressing them. And of course, thank you for your patience as we work to get them resolved.

Thanks everyone!

-eric
Good news all round. The above specifically relates to Cartel Market creature companions who are all utterly useless if you want to use them in damage roles. I'm glad the balance is being fixed for all companions. I personally do not like Shae Vizla but am forced into using her with my healer when doing solo stuff because she has by far the best damage output of all companions, I'd much rather use one of my creatures with my healer.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treats™
Allow us to Buy Multiples of the same Stronghold
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

HoloTweed
05.17.2019 , 10:21 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerileth View Post
Shae nerf 6.0. Fun while it lasted.
I just wish they'd give her less generic things to say. "Timber!" The new Mandalore is a LUMBERJACK?