1% Bonus - Sentinel

Andf

Hello All!

Very noob question incoming.

I have a 1% to hit bonus in my character screen (Sentinel), labeled as "Skills/Bonus" and I have no idea where it comes from...

It is not the companion bonus because I have it even when the he/she is not around.

I have checked all the passive skills but I haven't been able to find anything...

Thanks!

Hello All!

Very noob question incoming.

I have a 1% to hit bonus in my character screen (Sentinel), labeled as "Skills/Bonus" and I have no idea where it comes from...

It is not the companion bonus because I have it even when the he/she is not around.

I have checked all the passive skills but I haven't been able to find anything...

Thanks!

The companion bonus is not based on having a specific, or even any, companion summoned. It's for completing all the conversations and missions for certain companions. For the 1% Accuracy bonus, that's Qyzen Fess (Jedi Consular), Lord Scourge (Jedi Knight), Bowdaar (Smuggler) or Tanno Vic (Trooper) for the Republic Classes, or Scorpio (Imperial Agent), Skadge (Bounty Hunter), Khen Val (Sith Inquisitor), or Broonmark (Sith Warrior) for Empire classes.

This is one of five* stat bonuses you can get from completing certain companion conversations and missions. The others are Critical Chance, Critical Multiplier, Max Health, and Healing Received. The bonuses apply to your entire Legacy, so once you unlock a bonus, all characters in your Legacy will get it. That means even a brand-new character that doesn't have any companions yet can have all five "companion" bonuses.

If you hit Y to open your Legacy page, and click on Republic Classes or Imperial Classes (under Global Unlocks), you can see which & how many of these you have completed.

*Actually you also get a sixth bonus, +10 Presence, but unlike the other bonuses, you can get it for more than just five companions. If you complete the conversations and missions for all five companions for all 8 base classes, you can get a total of +400 Presence for evey character in your Legacy.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

Oh... That's really useful, thanks!

Just a couple of questions.

Do you know id the bonus applies everywhere, even in PvP?

What happens if I start one of the expansions and I lose access to the companions? Am I am oing to lose these bonuses forever?

Cheers :)

Edited by Andf

Oh... That's rreally useful, thanks!

Just a couple of questions.

Do you know id the bonus applies everywhere, even in PvP?

What happens if I start one of the expansions and I lose access to the companions? Am I am oing to lose these bonuses forever?

Cheers :)

I believe the bonus does apply everywhere.

As I mentioned, these are Legacy bonuses. Legacy bonuses are tied to your Legacy, not to any particular character or companion in the Legacy. Once you unlock them, you keep them forever. You will not lose them (not even temporarily) when you "lose" the specific companion you earned them with, when you start playing KotFE. If you want, you can even delete the character that earned the bonus without losing the bonus.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

Yep, that's clear but what if I don't complete the required mission/dialogue with a specific companion?

Thanks!

You have to complete all the conversations & missions with the appropriate companion to earn the bonus. If you start KotFE before completing all the companion conversations & missions, you will not be able to unlock the bonus - with that character. But you can still unlock the bonus if you complete all that with the appropriate companion on another character.

You can unlock any - or all - of the bonuses with any character(s). You don't have to get them all with the same character's companions.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

Perfect; I appreciate your help!

For whatever reason, sometimes the "Skill/Bonus Buffs" is not show, but the value is added... I reckon it is a bug, as it is completely random.

Cheers!