<The Ebon Hawk> Faction Balance Effort

RJMazz

I think the idea behind this post is entirely subjective. I play Imp on TEH and my team wins almost everytime unless Renegade-one and/or Tsukyokomo are playing pub.

- Siraka

In my experience the faction emphasis is very swingy which would imply that the server needs a population boost in general rather than a population boost specifically for Imperial side. I imagine this is the case for most servers, though.

I think the idea behind this post is entirely subjective. I play Imp on TEH and my team wins almost everytime unless Renegade-one and/or Tsukyokomo are playing pub.

- Siraka

In fairness, your presence is going to push that average a bit in your favor.

In my experience, honestly, I'm not quick to call new imps "new pilots or noobs." Most of the new guys I've encountered don't fly like they're new which makes me believe they're good republic pilots that have rolled imp alts. Nothing at all wrong with that. You can't believe how many ships on their bar either is an indication of how good they are. I've seen one guy with 2 ships(stock ships) on his bar roll into a match and get 15+ kills like nothing. Never seen the guy before and I play a lot of gsf. Can't remember his name(I don't remember names that good anyways.)

In my experience, honestly, I'm not quick to call new imps "new pilots or noobs." Most of the new guys I've encountered don't fly like they're new which makes me believe they're good republic pilots that have rolled imp alts. Nothing at all wrong with that. You can't believe how many ships on their bar either is an indication of how good they are. I've seen one guy with 2 ships(stock ships) on his bar roll into a match and get 15+ kills like nothing. Never seen the guy before and I play a lot of gsf. Can't remember his name(I don't remember names that good anyways.)

Was it Runet'ryn'trael? He runs Blackbolt in every TDM and Rycer in every Domination, and has nothing else on his bar.

In fairness, your presence is going to push that average a bit in your favor.

Yea. The skill gap is huge in this game. The gap is so large that one good player can carry a team to victory. If GSF was a sport it would be basketball -- especially in Deathmatch. So if you're a good player it's almost always going to seem like the other side is weak. Until you run into a premade -- then you're going to lose unless you have your own premade. Things get most interesting when two good players on opposite sides have solo queued. I find that is actually more fun than when 2 premades square off because those usually involve gunship bomber balls and the pace of the game slows down.

P.S. My Sting is still stinging from your ion railgun. That game was the push I needed to convert from retros to powerdive.

Edited by RickDagles

Nope. Wasn't him.

Another two-shipper getting 15+ kills in a Blackbolt? I'm pretty sure I know who it is (and it's not someone who's as ludicrously good as Runet).

In fact, I think I know of the game you refer to. Lost Shipyards TDM last week, pubs won?

Edited by MiaowZedong

I don't fly over on TEH that often (like 3 times/week, usually just for the daily/weekly), but I've never noticed any real vitriol. There's some QQ on occasion by people when Saberwing is running, but never any outright hatred that I've noticed/seen. Most times, the GSF channel is pretty quiet.

I'm not too active over there, because it's not really "my" community. I still don't know any of the imp regulars, and not sure if I've run into too many Eclipse peeps, but as for the faction imbalance, it really only seems unbalanced if Saberwing is running. It seems I win about 80-90% of my matches over there unless I run into Renegade/Rhint/Friendly along with friends, at which point it turns to about a 10% winning percentage. But to me, that's kind of as it should be? It's pretty obvious that my side is a rag-tag collection of peeps, whereas several on the opposing team know each other and/or are in voice, which makes it kind of hard for a solo or a couple of solo pilots to carry.

Is that what you're seeing? Or are you seeing something different?

There was a period of a few weeks a couple months back when I was on TEH pretty regularly. One pub guy, one imp, so I spent a decent amount of time on both sides. At minimum, I did the dailies every day, often a lot more.

I still go back now and then, but only occasionally. The drama in the /gsf channel was definitely pretty brutal at times, lots of smh moments; that turned me off a little. Pretty sure most of that stuff was imp side. Certainly nothing like what we have on JC (which, mostly, is silence).

The other thing that rubbed me the wrong way was running into a couple of intentional suiciders. One guy in particular boasted about it during a match, which infuriated our entire team, which then carried over into /gsf chat...it wasn't pretty. Frustrating.

I realize this wasn't something you typically see over there (I'm not claiming it's a daily occurrence), but I've never seen it on JC. Some non-contributors here and there, sure, but nobody flying into rocks and then razzing his team about it.

To the point of the thread: we used to have a similar faction imbalance on JC - pubs crushed imps constantly, largely due to a couple of pub teams that ran together frequently There was much sadness. But this has since balanced out. I think the reason is because most of us have both pub and imp alts, and swap factions regularly - often purely to balance out the teams. OK, we don't have much in the way of GSF-centric guilds messing with balance, but even if we did, I'd think all it would take is a handful of quality pilots to switch factions - at least to turn lopsided stompfests into competitive matches. You guys have plenty of good pilots over there. You just need a little cooperation/coordination to make it happen.

Just my 2 creds.

I play on both sides, and I had sidenti on imp side keeping on yelling at me saying that I will always suck and that he wanted my twitch channel info to keep on trolling me. He is the reason why I do not go on imp side that much, but I have to teach members of the guild that I belong to how to play GSF.

I usually queue up alone or with guildies or people I know in GSf and with the communication, we tend to win but we do lose. I will say that on imp side, I have lost more than won. On Rep side, I tend to win more than lose.

I know that I can get ace numbers but it depends on if I am not getting chased a lot.

Another two-shipper getting 15+ kills in a Blackbolt? I'm pretty sure I know who it is (and it's not someone who's as ludicrously good as Runet).

In fact, I think I know of the game you refer to. Lost Shipyards TDM last week, pubs won?

This match was probably about 4-5 weeks ago. Maybe longer. I know I saw that guy in a few matches that day and they were gone. Haven't seen it since. Again, my memory is terrible when it comes to names but if they showed up again it would jog my memory when I see it. I wish I could recall the name. The way he/she flew was pretty good. One thing I do know they were in a scout as a matter of fact.