Please unsticky Rome-Fu's Resolve guide.

Typheran

Please unsticky Rome-Fu's Resolve guide.

After reading and rereaded, and rereading the guide it is obvious that if does not follow the reality of resolve in pvp. Maybe it was written for how resolve is suppose to work, but as of now it is factually incorrect.

An experienced player uses his damage mitigation abilities in preperation of an incoming CC. Then, while stunned and taking a beating, he doesn't take as much damage as the enemy is hoping to inflict. Thus the CC wears off and the player resumes his PvP having SAVED his CC breaker.

This part is true. Midigating damage does make you take less damage. It's like he's Nostradamus Oo

Now, when the player gets CC'd again, he immediately uses his CC breaker (because two stuns will fill the bar) and gains immunity to all further CC for a good length of time.

^ .. and this part is about as true as ocean front property in nevada. I have been chain stunned over and over and over with not noticeable results from resolve. The bar only seems to drain when I get slowly killed or when the fight is over and I am out of combat. I have went from one fight to another with a full resolve bar only to be immediately CC with full resolve.

resolve does not affect snares. So when the resolve bar fills up, one can still snare the player even to the point of zero movement. Furthermore, snaring a player does not increase his resolve bar. So use snares as often as needed without any worry. For those warriors with the ability to cause a 100% snare, remember that it will ALWAYS cause this effect. There is no immunity against it.

This part, while true, is one of the dumbest things about the current resolve system.

So Please unsticky Rome-Fu's guide, or fix resolve to a useable level.

I would need to see proof of being stunned, mezzed, or knockbacked with a full resolve bar to believe it. I have never had that happen to me once. I've been rooted with a full resolve bar, which I really hope is fixed in a future patch, but never stunned or mezzed.

Roots and Slows still work with full resolve bar.

Stuns/Knockbacks/Mez etc do not work with a full resolve bar.

Add roots to the bottom list or make them last half duration (when at full resolve) and resolve works great imo.

EDIT: My guess is OP has been chained as such: Stun -> CC breaker -> Stun -> Full Resolve Bar -> Root.

Edited by Rehash

Why doesn't a full resolve bar stop CC then?

Accordingto him 1 stunn should filll you up and the second should make you immune after your Cc breaker. it doesn't work.

Resolve does nothing to break stuns on you, it only prevents new ones from applying when the bar is full.

So basically, if your CC break is not up, you'll be taking the full duration of every stun that hits you before the bar fills up.

For example: your bar is 99% full and you take a whirlwind? Too bad: you'll be sitting out the whole duration of that whirlwind even if your bar is white after you've taken it.

This is also one of the main problems imo: resolve is really not helping you if your CC break is unavailable (which is most of the time), it also does not help against roots and slows.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

We all know it's nothing but pure crap and doesnt work.Of course the trolls will try and say that it works.What we should do is just make a long video to show how it doesnt work.

1 hour video of players stun locked with a full resolve bar for 5-15 seconds and is getting killed.And get that video sticky.

This is correct.

If you have a white resolve bar, knockbacks, mezzes and stuns won't work. Roots and snares will.

I have actually been stunned with a resolve bar after breaking out of a stun... So this is awkward. Resolve isn't working as it should

Edited by Ainew

The CC break needs to add like 5 seconds of CC immunity after use.

5 seconds is too much. I could see 3 seconds working though, there is A LOT of CC in this game.

I don't find being CC'd to death to be that much of a problem though and I play an undergeared healer (Combat Medic Commando).

We all know it's nothing but pure crap and doesnt work.Of course the trolls will try and say that it works.What we should do is just make a long video to show how it doesnt work.

1 hour video of players stun locked with a full resolve bar for 5-15 seconds and is getting killed.And get that video sticky.

Please do, and if it shows someone getting stunned, mezzed, or knockedback with full resolve...I'll be more than willing to agree with your complaint.

Until then, BS.

resolve does seem to suffer from lag issues or something, ofen it just hangs at full bright white while stuns mezz knockbacks can still affect you.

Huttball last firepit, gets stunned in middle use breaker, commando throws his cryo for 2nd stun but im just outside pit, after stun resolve starts ticking, sage runs up knocks me back vanguard pulls me down.

And its not like its uncommon to see this scenario.

Other wird thing is knockback not affecting my character when my resolve is empty.

So my best guess is that the resolve at times show the wrong information, possible lag related.

^^ Bump ^^

I love seeing you guys bumping your own thread only 10 minutes after you post them(and no one responds). Like you think your post is SOOOOOO important, how dare it get pushed down the front page of the forums.

Keep begging for attention. It'll work somewhere in life.

I would need to see proof of being stunned, mezzed, or knockbacked with a full resolve bar to believe it. I have never had that happen to me once. I've been rooted with a full resolve bar, which I really hope is fixed in a future patch, but never stunned or mezzed.

I've gotten stunned with a full resolve bar before. It faded really quickly but the resolve bar depletes really quickly and I got stunned by another player 2 seconds later.

I've gotten stunned with a full resolve bar before. It faded really quickly but the resolve bar depletes really quickly and I got stunned by another player 2 seconds later.

The resolve bar gives you like 10 seconds of CC immunity not 2.

I have NEVER been Stunned/Mezzed/Knockedback with a full resolve bar, nor have I ever seen it happen to anyone else. The system seems to be working pretty well so far (with the exception that roots should effect and be effected by resolve).

The statement saying two stuns = full resolve may need examining.

Speaking from personal experience (Jugg/Immortal) I've used talented Force Leap (2s stun), Force Push, then Force Choke and not had a resolve bar pop up on my enemy. If they've been in any kind of combat then yes, I'll see the white bar. If I do it on someone "fresh" (ie at the start of a Huttball), then it won't pop a full resolve bar a lot of the time.