Harnessed darkness not working?

JP_Legatus

I see the tooltip say that 3 stacks should make you immune to knock back but I have been hit by several knock backs during force lightning with 3 stacks.

Anyone else experienced this in pvp? At least I've seen interrupts fail but knock backs still work.

It makes you immune to pushbacks occurence that makes your casting bar go backward when recieving hits. Completely different from knockbacks where people make you fly and thus interrupting any action..

Ah that explains it. Knowing that really makes me not care about the skill anymore as any non idiot will easily interrupt it anyways. Time to go back to deception.

You could always pop force shroud before force lightning...

Edited by Squidkidz

You could always pop force shroud before force lightning...

This is good advice, anyone doing this in pvp should always always pop shroud before hitting a 3 stack lightning, too many knockbacks and stuns to avoid otherwise.

"Ah that explains it. Knowing that really makes me not care about the skill anymore as any non idiot will easily interrupt it anyways. Time to go back to deception."

Funny thing is..."interrupt" is exactly what they can't do according to tooltip lolz, even without shroud.

Edited by Dierdrea

you can synergize it with stun and proc '+6% dmg to targets afected by spike/stun',

if enemy eats full duration, it ticks a hell lot of dmg in dps geat. specially if enemy healer is trying to run away :)

edit: it 's a tab like Revage for warriors, 3 sec channel, good dmg, but a channel

Edited by Atramar

This is good advice, anyone doing this in pvp should always always pop shroud before hitting a 3 stack lightning, too many knockbacks and stuns to avoid otherwise.

"Ah that explains it. Knowing that really makes me not care about the skill anymore as any non idiot will easily interrupt it anyways. Time to go back to deception."

Funny thing is..."interrupt" is exactly what they can't do according to tooltip lolz, even without shroud.

Yes I'm aware:P I was just using interrupt as a general term to include anything that can prevent a full cast.

The big thing that made me stop using darkness spec was the fact that our most important ability can be stopped with any combination of stun, mez, knockback, or pull. Then there are abilities like shroud and stealth and LOS that just negate it. That happens often enough and on enough classes to make it not worthwhile running in pvp.

I mean if you think about it, pretty much every class has enough of those abilities for a competent player to completely negate harnessed darkness 100% of the time. Even if I shroud, they still have the ability to use white damage stuns and LOS. Just a poor plan for pvp in general.

Edited by JP_Legatus