Came back after 3 years and same garphical issues in pvp w/ shuttering, please help

Hesko

32 GB ram

64bit windows

Intel I7-5820k @ 3.30ghz

w/ nvidea 980

I have read every guide from 2011 to now on crack pot ways to run smooth. I seriously could car less if the graphics look like **** I just don't want shuttering, graphic lag, rubber banding, and random graphic issues in pvp. I just want it smooth.

I run 140 fps in fleet with little shutters hear and there, then in pvp it all goes to ****. Please Help Meh.

If your processor has an integrated GPU... which seems pretty likely, and your mobo has the hookups, you could always try running the game on the integrated graphics adapter. It's probably got more than enough power to get a playable fps on this game and if that works at least you could safely say that the issue has something to do with your specific video card. At least that would strongly suggest it does.

32 GB ram

64bit windows

Intel I7-5820k @ 3.30ghz

w/ nvidea 980

I have read every guide from 2011 to now on crack pot ways to run smooth. I seriously could car less if the graphics look like **** I just don't want shuttering, graphic lag, rubber banding, and random graphic issues in pvp. I just want it smooth.

I run 140 fps in fleet with little shutters hear and there, then in pvp it all goes to ****. Please Help Meh.

Hi Hesko,

I build gaming PCs for a living and your system should play swtor easily, so don't listen to people who say it's your hardware until you've done some testing.

First, does this shuttering or anything else happen in any other games? If swtor is the only game it happens in, then you aren't alone. The game is buggy in pvp, but also since the graphics settings were updated it has added to it.

But there are some things you can try to improve the performance from your end.

Im assuming you have Win 10 which has its own bloatware and built in malware, thanks to Microsoft.

Use ctrl alt del to get to your active running services and apps screen.

Go through what is running and turn off or disable background services, programs or apps you don't need as these cause random lag and other problems you see.

EDIT : if you need help with this or want some links on how to do it, just PM me.

Turn down your in game graphics settings and see if that improves at all. If yes, then it's your system limiting the game.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Hi Hesko,

I build gaming PCs for a living and your system should play swtor easily, so don't listen to people who say it's your hardware until you've done some testing.

First, does this shuttering or anything else happen in any other games? If swtor is the only game it happens in, then you aren't alone. The game is buggy in pvp, but also since the graphics settings were updated it has added to it.

But there are some things you can try to improve the performance from your end.

Im assuming you have Win 10 which has its own bloatware and built in malware, thanks to Microsoft.

Use ctrl alt del to get to your active running services and apps screen.

Go through what is running and turn off or disable background services, programs or apps you don't need as these cause random lag and other problems you see.

Turn down your in game graphics settings and see if that improves at all. If yes, then it's your system limiting the game.

Don't do that, disabling services will improve performance by exactly zero percentage points. That's a tweak from the win xp days and even then it didn't do jack squat for performance and will do more harm than good. Windows 10 also does not have any malware. Zero, learn what malware is before stating windows includes it.

http://bfy.tw/9Dmp

Oh and Windows 10 benchmarks slightly faster than windows 7 and 8.

http://hothardware.com/reviews/windows-10-vs-windows-8-game-performance?page=1

Your lag is almost certainly coming from the server side, your pc is more than fast enough to handle anything SWTOR can throw at it, I'd say your lag is likely your connection or the servers more than anything else, rubber banding is 100% a server side or network lag issue.

Edited by Romeugues

Don't do that, disabling services will improve performance by exactly zero percentage points. That's a tweak from the win xp days and even then it didn't do jack squat for performance and will do more harm than good. Windows 10 also does not have any malware. Zero, learn what malware is before stating windows includes it.

http://bfy.tw/9Dmp

Oh and Windows 10 benchmarks slightly faster than windows 7 and 8.

http://hothardware.com/reviews/windows-10-vs-windows-8-game-performance?page=1

Your lag is almost certainly coming from the server side, your pc is more than fast enough to handle anything SWTOR can throw at it, I'd say your lag is likely your connection or the servers more than anything else, rubber banding is 100% a server side or network lag issue.

LoL, pretty sure I have a better idea than you of what malware is. I'm sorry, but I do this for a living and I can tell you from first hand experience that Win 10 is full of bloatware and tracking apps (de facto malware) that can cause lag spikes and ability lag while playing games. If you want me to list 20 links explaining what this bloatware and de facto malware is, I can. Everyone in the IT industry knows what it is, but I guess you only read mainstream review sites who don't even do their own testing, but plagiarise other sites or repost it :rolleyes:

Come see me when you've been a systems administrator for 10 years.

While Win 10 does perform better than all previous versions of Windows in benchmarks, those benchmarks aren't real world use. Also, there have been many patches since those benchmarks and reviews. In that time Microsoft have added even more bloatware.

In a game like swtor that already has its own major issues with spikes and ability lag, having one of those stupid, unnecessary Windows services or apps running, will add to those problems.

It is better to disable some things regardless, unless you want Microsoft spying on you as well as having your system less secure than it should be.

Yes, lots of the rubber banding is server side and also network side, but not all of it. Lots of it is in game as well as your system adding to it. There is no nicely packed answer pointing to only one thing. There are multiple issues, no matter how small they are, they all compound the problem more.

Please do some real research next time before you start attacking someone with bad information.

LoL, pretty sure I have a better idea than you of what malware is. I'm sorry, but I do this for a living and I can tell you from first hand experience that Win 10 is full of bloatware and tracking apps (de facto malware) that can cause lag spikes and ability lag while playing games. If you want me to list 20 links explaining what this bloatware and de facto malware is, I can. Everyone in the IT industry knows what it is, but I guess you only read mainstream review sites who don't even do their own testing, but plagiarise other sites or repost it :rolleyes:

Come see me when you've been a systems administrator for 10 years.

While Win 10 does perform better than all previous versions of Windows in benchmarks, those benchmarks aren't real world use. Also, there have been many patches since those benchmarks and reviews. In that time Microsoft have added even more bloatware.

In a game like swtor that already has its own major issues with spikes and ability lag, having one of those stupid, unnecessary Windows services or apps running, will add to those problems.

It is better to disable some things regardless, unless you want Microsoft spying on you as well as having your system less secure than it should be.

Yes, lots of the rubber banding is server side and also network side, but not all of it. Lots of it is in game as well as your system adding to it. There is no nicely packed answer pointing to only one thing. There are multiple issues, no matter how small they are, they all compound the problem more.

Please do some real research next time before you start attacking someone with bad information.

I totally foresaw a response like that , where you puff your self up like that. Cute, go ahead and show me those links proving your point about the "bloatware" in Windows 10 slowing things down. I'll put up 10 million credits if you can show me a single gaming benchmark showing windows 10 to be slower than previous versions of windows which is not within the margin of error, DX12 is also exclusive to windows 10 so if a game has a DX12 path then there is potentially a huge performance difference since DX12 has significantly lower overhead and better multi-threading

You may build gaming PCs for a living and be a sys admin but sadly that does not make you infallible, as someone in IT you should also know the inherit bias against new versions of windows, but that may require a level of self awareness you are incapable of.

Windows 10 does of course call home for diagnostics, that's pretty well known and not up for dispute, but that does not equate to malware.

It's pretty disappointing that you build pc's and am apparently a sys admin and peddle such trite fallacies.

Edited by Romeugues

32 GB ram

64bit windows

Intel I7-5820k @ 3.30ghz

w/ nvidea 980

Rather than contributing to the above arguments, there is still some useful information to be had. Benchmarking your computer to see where any bottlenecks occur is always helpful. Removing services that are not being used during normal operations is healthy and will help you figure out if there is bloatware that is causing unnecessary resource hogs (Do your research first on the services, and disable one at a time). If it that approach doesn't work turn them back on. Also turn off automatic updates (regardless of OS version) and create a schedule weekly where you can do this uninterrupted. (shouldn't take very long). No updating should be taking place during gameplay since it drains network / CPU resources).

As an absolute last case scenario when all other options have failed or you just plain give up troubleshooting, backup ALL your stuff , and do a clean install of your operating system. (unless you are willing to live with what you have been already). Sometimes banging your head against a wall to find a solution to minutia could be more work than what it is worth. (despite my personal need to be OCD about everything XD ).

Indeed, update your geforce drivers and a quick test to see if your videocard is causing the corruption is Furmark, Furmark is an extremely GPU intensive stress tester that is specifically designed to find instabilities in videocards.

You can download Furmark at http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5462-furmark.html

If he has services running that shouldn't be and is actually causing significance cpu usage at idle then he has serious issues, like actual real malware and should either attempt to remove it or do a clean install. Services running that don't need to be, like the spooler service for example if you have a printer, don't use any of your computers cpu, which is why it is a fallacy to disable them.

Edited by Romeugues