Stupid question from an MMO N00b (Op and FP related)

I've been playing SWTOR since the beta test... I've learned some about MMO's in general. I play as much as I can solo. With that said, are the Flashpoints and Operations for the game updates ( Rise of the Rakghouls, HK-51 Activated, etc) still in effect and i have to hunt for them, or does BioWare take them off after a certain time? Edited by DoctorBeckett

Aside from the events which have come and gone, all the new content is still there and made for level 50's. All these quests can be picked up from NPC's around the Fleet.

The two you mentioned in your post: Rise of the Rakghouls refers to two level 50 flashpoints, Kaon Under Siege and Lost Island. The quest to obtain HK-51 is found in the Section X level 50 daily area which is free to subscribers but requires a pass for F2P and preferred.

All operations are level 50 and all can be done with groups of 8 or 16. Story Mode Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace can be done through Group Finder. The others you'll need to find groups for on your own. All operations can be entered via their doors on the Ziost Shadow or its republic equivalent at the Fleet.

It's a good idea to know how to do an operation's boss fights before you go in, so look around online for guides before attempting any operations.

No, the Rakghoul event on Tatooine and the Chevin event are gone. The Gree event from last month is back on Ilum starting today and requires level 45.

However "Events" are NOT "Flashpoints and Operations". Events last about 2 weeks and then disappear. This Gree event is the first one which has ever come back, though it too will only last a week or two.

Once a Flashpoint/Operation is in game it is there forever. The same applies to Daily Areas like Black Hole and Section X.