Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dear TaitWatson: The Companion Romance System NEEDS to be fixed.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Dear TaitWatson: The Companion Romance System NEEDS to be fixed.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

tomcn
01.07.2016 , 03:32 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Ceinwyn View Post
The option is the [FLIRT] choice during the cantina conversation. You can flirt with one of the romance companions or simply talk to one of them. Choosing the flirt option leads to a choice where you can lock in the romance (there is no confusion at this point if you have done so; there's an acknowledgement on the Companions & Contacts tab under the chosen romance afterwards). From what Tait has said, if you miss this opportunity, you don't have a second chance.
Hmmm... so even though my character romanced Lana during SoR, and kissed Lana multiple times during KotFE, by choosing not to flirt with Theron (or so I thought), then my character's romance with Lana is now over?

Seems legit. Definitely one of those "choices that matter".
Jorena Barzaan @ Begeren Colony - My referral link

Screaming_Ziva
01.07.2016 , 05:06 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
I have also seen mention of not being able to romance one of the new characters (Lana, Theron, Koth) being a bug. As far as we can tell, this is not bugged at this time. In order to romance these characters, you must consistently choose flirt options with them throughout KOTFE (having a relationship with Theron or Lana back in Shadow of Revan also contributes to their romances, but is not required) and you must choose a particular option in Chapter IX to pursue a full romance with one of them. If anyone finds that this is not the case for their character, definitely let us know! Tait
Here is the problem with romancing Lana.

In Chapter 9 you are talking to both Lana and Theron. A conversation option comes up with "I would like to talk to one of you (flirt)" and Theron is on the screen. Most people thought this meant you were going to flirt with Theron if you took the flirt option so many people didn't flirt. Because of this, we are now locked out of the Lana romance. Is anything being done to fix this?

Swedguy
01.07.2016 , 05:10 PM | #43
Hey everyone,

We have seen quite a few reports about the Romance system being broken, and I wanted to clarify a few things. A number of the issues being reported are not, in fact, bugged.

The big one is Iresso. While Iresso is not alone in not acknowledging your romance, he has become the name surrounding the whole situation. In this case, there is a bug Ė the romance variables for some of the pre-KOTFE companions are being improperly assessed, leading to the appearance that they arenít romanced even if they are. This fix is scheduled for 4.1 but is not finalized yet. What should have occurred is that when you completed Chapter I of Fallen Empire, you would receive a mail from your romance. We believe that this issue is also affecting pre-KOTFE content as well; please let us know once the fix is live if you notice any issues. It is worth pointing out that this change is not retroactive: if you have already started Fallen Empire, you will not receive the letter.

I have also seen mention of not being able to romance one of the new characters (Lana, Theron, Koth) being a bug. As far as we can tell, this is not bugged at this time. In order to romance these characters, you must consistently choose flirt options with them throughout KOTFE (having a relationship with Theron or Lana back in Shadow of Revan also contributes to their romances, but is not required) and you must choose a particular option in Chapter IX to pursue a full romance with one of them. If anyone finds that this is not the case for their character, definitely let us know!

As for Courting gifts, we are aware that they are only able to be consumed by Nico Okarr. At first we thought he was just greedy, but we found out itís because of the change from Affection to Influence, and the Courting Gifts not making the appropriate swap. This is also scheduled for Game Update 4.1.

Best,

Tait
I'm fine without a letter, but will romanced companions react properly when reintroduced to the players?

wolfyde
01.07.2016 , 05:12 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Here is the problem with romancing Lana.

In Chapter 9 you are talking to both Lana and Theron. A conversation option comes up with "I would like to talk to one of you (flirt)" and Theron is on the screen. Most people thought this meant you were going to flirt with Theron if you took the flirt option so many people didn't flirt. Because of this, we are now locked out of the Lana romance. Is anything being done to fix this?
^^This. I also missed out on the Lana romance on my main character because of the poor cinematography in that scene, thinking the flirt option was for Theron. (there was an earlier thread about this at 4.0 launch in the suggestions forum I think)
I dearly hope there will be some sort of fix for this.
My referral link (free goodies): click me!
Armour Wishlist: Chantique - Darth Talon - Darth Maladi
Armour clipping bug thread

Froogleseven
01.07.2016 , 05:18 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Swedguy View Post
I'm fine without a letter, but will romanced companions react properly when reintroduced to the players?
yeah this is what I was wondering as well, i can't tell if this is saying that our characters wont get the letter or their romance is also not getting fixed (i assume its the former, but you know what assuming does...)

TinaLovesHan
01.07.2016 , 06:04 PM | #46
Finally! A response! Thank you, TaitWatson. Shame the original thread went 59 pages/over 2 months and almost 600 posts with no response.

I am fine with not receiving a letter, as long as I know that when Felix Iresso is reintroduced into the story he will remember that we were a couple. That is important.

I'd also like to point out that in the thread I started, that I never said that he (Iresso) didn't acknowledge our relationship. It was that it was not an option to confirm the relationship with him (Iresso) in my conversation(s) with Valkorion. Sorry for any confusion that might have resulted from said post.

PorsaLindahl
01.07.2016 , 06:33 PM | #47

As for Courting gifts, we are aware that they are only able to be consumed by Nico Okarr. At first we thought he was just greedy, but we found out itís because of the change from Affection to Influence, and the Courting Gifts not making the appropriate swap. This is also scheduled for Game Update 4.1.

Best,

Tait
This isn't correct, Tait. Doc loves Courting. He's the one I've been giving all of mine to.

Damask_Rose
01.07.2016 , 06:42 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Swedguy View Post
That is what I want to know for sure before I take any older characters through.

GuerillaTech
01.07.2016 , 06:42 PM | #49
Hey everyone,

Best,

Tait
Tait, it's not just courting gifts that are messed up. It's any gifts that are supposed to get more effective for a companion when being romanced. (luxury is supposed to be favorited by Vette and loved by Kira when romanced but instead stays as liked and favorited for example)

http://pastebin.com/mdmFhBdu - this is a list of all the gift categories and what their values should be when given to a romanced companion but is not. If a companion is not listed on there, then their gift values do not change. Tait, I implore you to read this and forward it to the devs so they know and understand that it's more than just the Courting gifts that are messed up.

GuerillaTech
01.07.2016 , 06:44 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
This isn't correct, Tait. Doc loves Courting. He's the one I've been giving all of mine to.
That would be because he'll accept courting gifts from the start regardless of gender or romance status, he's that type of guy.