Tips for HK part mission?

JonnyBro

Im finally going to sit myself down and take the time needed to get HK. Does anyone have any tips or things they wish they've known before doing it? I understand its a very time consuming process.

It doesn't really take that long if you work systematically. Took me 3 hours last weekend, including rushing through the flashpoints in solo mode.

The digging tool scans the area up to a 25m radius in 5m steps, and displays circles to show you the area it searched in. This is very helpful as it allows you to look for a landmark a bit beyond the ring and go there for the next search. Start at one corner of the area, scan the whole length of the area in a straight line then move down 25-30m and scan the next line. Try to cover the whole area with slightly overlapping scanning circles.

When you are within 25m, the scan will stop earlier, depending on how close you are. Remember where you were, then go a few steps in one direction and see if you get closer.

When someone else is also searching, team up with them. Best group up, but you can also just tell each other when you're close by. Even if they ignore you, you can still keep them in view. When their final green 25m circle doesn't appear, or their castbar stops early while scanning, the part is close to them, and you can move over and search there.

Edited by Mubrak

It doesn't really take that long if you work systematically. Took me 3 hours last weekend, including rushing through the flashpoints in solo mode.

The digging tool scans the area up to a 25m radius in 5m steps, and displays circles to show you the area it searched in. This is very helpful as it allows you to look for a landmark a bit beyond the ring and go there for the next search. Start at one corner of the area, scan the whole length of the area in a straight line then move down 25-30m and scan the next line. Try to cover the whole area with slightly overlapping scanning circles.

When you are within 25m, the scan will stop earlier, depending on how close you are. Remember where you were, then go a few steps in one direction and see if you get closer.

When someone else is also searching, team up with them. Best group up, but you can also just tell each other when you're close by. Even if they ignore you, you can still keep them in view. When their final green 25m circle doesn't appear, or their castbar stops early while scanning, the part is close to them, and you can move over and search there.

Wait, you soloed Foundry? I thought part only shows up in Master Mode