Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Light side Sith Warrior - does it get any more believable?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Light side Sith Warrior - does it get any more believable?

ahzecklawd
01.04.2015 , 11:29 AM | #61
Well,

There's one thing I can say : Force Choke !!

Let me tell you this.Chapter 3 (Last Mission) doesn't make any sense if you choose the LS Option,you/and every Goody-Two-Shoes will notice this once they get there.Imagine a Soldier in War,standing in front of an Enemy (Who's willing and ready to kill you)

LS : 'Wait,can't we talk about it?I don't wanna kill you (REALLY!? Guy pointing a Gun at you .....)'

DS : *Pulls the Trigger* . (Yes,it's Sad it came to this,but Imagine HOW MANY MORE HE COULD'VE KILLED! )

Spoiler

^Not really a Spoiler,but inb4 'OMG! You Spoiling little Brat,Fck off!'.

DS,doesn't mean you're a Psychopath,simply means you're not afraid to get things down.I mean,every Military Guy is a Psychopath? because he's protecting he's Country? ...
'The day you think there is no improvements to be made
is a sad one for any player.'

R.I.P Arya,2k15SorcButtonSmashHealer.

JFoxstride
01.04.2015 , 08:02 PM | #62
I started my SW leaning towards LS but quickly gave up and went DS.
LS choices feel just awkward, out of place. When you choose to spare someone all you really get is a confused look and a line like "wow, I never knew a Sith could be merciful".
To spite Baras? When he hears about your carebearness all he does is shrug and say "whatever. You're still my walking weapon of mass destruction". And that's the truth: no matter what you do you will always be perceived by NPCs as Death incarnate, the destroyer of worlds. Regardless of the fact that in private you are just a soft-hearted pansy.

EDIT: plus, turning Jaesa to the dark side is just awesome. To rub the Jedi's utter failure on their self-righteous faces, stealing their most prized student right from under their noses...

Rhyltran
01.06.2015 , 12:26 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by ahzecklawd View Post

DS,doesn't mean you're a Psychopath,simply means you're not afraid to get things down.I mean,every Military Guy is a Psychopath? because he's protecting he's Country? ...
No and in this game you aren't either. The equivalent to a man in the military is the same as when you slaughter npcs to get to your objective. These npcs can't be reasoned with. They attack you. You are forced to kill them.

In the military if your team surrounds the military commander? You ARE expected to bring the guy in. There's many reasons for this. The big one is that he might have information that is necessary.

Going "I found you. I'm going to relish watching you die." then put a few holes into him? Is psychopathic and will likely end with a court martial or worse. Especially when he's begging for mercy, willing to make his men stand down, and wishing to surrender.

chrismlachcik
01.06.2015 , 05:25 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by ZakMorgan View Post
So I've been wanting to level a melee tank and went and picked a SW over a JK because -

a) I prefer the aesthetics of the Empire
b) I don't like the robotic, naive nature of the Jedi
c) My main is a 50 Sniper, so I figured I'd be able to support an Empire alt alot easier than a Republic one.

The thing is I always tend to play my characters light side, and although this has worked nicely for my IA, its been a little awkward for my SW. I mean I was hoping to play a philosophical Sith, curious for knowledge into the Dark Side while remaining respectul towards loyal Imperial servants, not some homicidal psychopath wanting to kill anything with a pulse. However I just end up looking like some incompetent, carebear pansy who's an embarrassment to Darth Baras....I mean I might as well have Benny Hill music playing in the background the whole time.

Bear in mind I'm only at Balmorra so far, I'm just curious as to whether the light side options feel less awkward later in the game, or should I just suck up my pride and level a greyish Jedi?

TL;DR - playing a LS sith warrior and finding the decisions a little forced and out of place, does it get more believable after Balmorra?
You gotta think tho, what's the one thing the Jedi do most? Kill Sith. Regardless, they won't even give them a chance. The "Dark" side of the Force is too much for them lighthearted Jedi. If you look at it, the bad guys in the Star Wars universe are really the Jedi.