Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.3 will make or break this game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.3 will make or break this game

Sauska
05.28.2012 , 09:36 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by rawfox View Post
Yes, i could nt post on the forums the moment the sub went down.
When i resubbed, i had to logoff from forums and login again to be able to post again.
It is not possible to post without a sub, at least here.

Maybe it was possible some months ago, i dont know, i was playing the game then ..
/hug
The Borealis Legacy

Dosvidaniya
05.28.2012 , 10:37 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by rawfox View Post
Yes, i could nt post on the forums the moment the sub went down.
When i resubbed, i had to logoff from forums and login again to be able to post again.
It is not possible to post without a sub, at least here.

Maybe it was possible some months ago, i dont know, i was playing the game then ..
I'm not doubting your individual case, though it's not true for me. My sub has expired, I'm debating paying again (trying to figure out when server x-fers will land) and I can post in this thread right now.

IasonEvan
05.28.2012 , 10:44 AM | #43
If you don't like this game now, 1.3 isn't going to change that. Does everyone PUG that much that they need an instance finder? Whatever happened to being in a guild with like-minded people that love the game as much as all of you do? I am assuming you love the game because you are on the forums talking about it. I play with friends and we all love this game. 1.3 will enhance our love for the game, but it isn't a make or break patch by any stretch of the imagination.

GalacticKegger
05.28.2012 , 11:08 AM | #44
The same thing was said about 1.2. The population on our server increased considerably when it released and stabilized at a higher level until D3 came out. Then it dropped and is now slowly recovering. I am sure the same thing will happen with 1.3 ... then 1.4 ... because that's just how MMOs roll. Releasing fresh content with more alacrity would lessen the Δs I think.
Can we please just have our pre-KotFE SWTOR MMORPG back?

SpaceGaunt
05.28.2012 , 11:45 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Saiaku View Post
Can we stop with the "make or break" topics now? They have been out from the start, and swtor is still alive.
IKR.
The trend started, maybe even before, 1.2, and now its 1.3.
What are the chances that it's going to be 1.4 next?

(And a troll comes and says, "It wont last until 1.4!")
Yeah...we'll see.

DarthVoi
05.28.2012 , 08:09 PM | #46
A lot of people joined this game from other well-developed MMO games (albeit not as RPG oriented) and expect to have the same experience. I find it weird.

All classes have complicated story lines that could be modified via choices, gender, and alignment, and that alone makes the game far more repayable than other MMORPG I know. WoW is leagues behind on the RPG department. The only thing ToR lacks is late-game PvE contents that could only be established in time, not sooner. I am a RPer and I like this game for its story-centric style.

But I agree that server transfer and server merge will allow players to have a more enjoyable game. ToR nailed the RPG part of this game, now they just need to make MMO more viable. Server transfer will help on that matter and I encourage people to be patient. That, and having extra character slots will allow Legacy to bloom further.

MaximusRex
05.28.2012 , 08:22 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
Games in a lot worse shape than this one still exist or lasted for years. SWTOR isn't going anywhere, don't fool yourself.
So so true. I can't tell you how many MMOs that still exist that players say failed, despite being financially profitable and still in production and releasing content. Some didn't do as well, and some were forced to go Free to Play, and at least one went Free 2 Play after they saw it was more profitable then their play to play model, but how many MMOs released in the last 10 years have actually closed and never came back? Tabula Rasa and SWG?

Master-Nala
05.28.2012 , 08:56 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
So so true. I can't tell you how many MMOs that still exist that players say failed, despite being financially profitable and still in production and releasing content. Some didn't do as well, and some were forced to go Free to Play, and at least one went Free 2 Play after they saw it was more profitable then their play to play model, but how many MMOs released in the last 10 years have actually closed and never came back? Tabula Rasa and SWG?
Exactly. There might be a few others, but none that sold two million boxes or ever had over a million subs. I really don't get people who say the game is failing. Have they only played WoW? There are hundreds of MMOs. Many get regular content updates with a tenth of the subs of this game.

This game might not appeal to everyone. Some folks might have burned themselves out prematurely. But the game is just a game. A fun one for me. When I get bored, I go do something else. I just played SWTOR again after a week in another game. I really enjoyed it. But if I ever stop enjoying this game, I'll drop my sub and look happily on the times I played, not whine and moan because the game couldn't hold my attention continuously for ten years straight.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

Thefingers
05.28.2012 , 09:09 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by IasonEvan View Post
Does everyone PUG that much that they need an instance finder? Whatever happened to being in a guild with like-minded people that love the game as much as all of you do?
The guild started when Starwars Galaxies started (around '04 I think), made it through vanilla, CU and NGE together and then all rerolled on the same server here..few months later and they've all quit due to boredom, I'm out in 9 days myself.

Due to my ghost town of a server there isn't much choice but PUGs, if you can even scrape together enough for one.

haliy
05.28.2012 , 09:12 PM | #50
Didn't an exact thread like this one come out before 1.2 went live? I guess I can expect to see an exact replica of this thread to come out when we are expecting 1.4 to go live also.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kja - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative