MOX Raid / Solo Meters

I wish that there was a drop down list for previous combats for the whole raid.

When you kill Z&T the other guy comes out, and it wipes it clean. Unless you're watching specifically at that moment, you don't see the raid wide meters.

I agree this can be frustrating and happens because you're taken briefly out of combat between Z&T and the handler. Due to the nature of how the raid data is compiled, I don't plan on having a dropdown in the tool for past raid fights, that is the purpose of the web site. I know the archived fights on the site have had a lot of issues, but I've been working a lot on it and we ran an 8 man raid last night and for the first time it actually recorded every pull correctly for the whole night. So, I'm finally starting to feel better about this. (I'm sure its not perfect though)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you think if BW was banning accounts for using a particular parsing program that violated the EULA, BW would remove the thread that provided a link to download that program?

^ This

I'm being very careful not to do anything that would violate any of the games terms and this is the first I've heard of this "incident". If for some reason this really is true, please tell this person to feel free to give me the exact details of what my program violated.

After yesterday's test the Cloaking Screen bug is still not fixed it seems.

At the last boss in Denova, and all the other bosses, when using Cloaking screen as a Operative, your dmg gets reset to 0, since you briefly leave combat.

Is there any way to get an update on this?

Could you please email me your log and I will take a look at it? This issue is a pain and I really want it fixed.

Any chance you'll start a ranking system on a per fight basis? You should work with Mr Robot to upload to them. They have an awesome interface for uploaded logs, and you guys have a great in game interface. A combination of the two would be amazing for the community. Then we could have a worldoflogs type thing where we see top DPS.

Additionally.....

I think there's a bug in your DPS calculations, or in ACT.

I've been comparing a lot of fights to ACT and I'm getting very different results. Here's an example:

http://memoriesofxendor.com/parser/raiddata.aspx

raid key: v_r_19169

I put the log into ACT for the fights...

http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/250136/sorc_meters.png

To be honest, the numbers I was getting by doing the calculations manually are closer to the ACT meters numbers than yours. Would you like me to upload the log for you to check out, or is this a known issue?

Edited by xenofire

I've been comparing a lot of fights to ACT and I'm getting very different results. Here's an example:

http://memoriesofxendor.com/parser/raiddata.aspx

raid key: v_r_19169

I put the log into ACT for the fights...

http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/250136/sorc_meters.png

To be honest, the numbers I was getting by doing the calculations manually are closer to the ACT meters numbers than yours. Would you like me to upload the log for you to check out, or is this a known issue?

So, there are definitely slight differences in the duration. On the Bonethrasher fight, for example, its a difference of 6 seconds. There's a couple possibilities for this discrepency:

1) Right now, I'm using the raid leader's duration to calculate those DPS figures on the web site. If for some reason, your leader's state was off (his character was dead, he was lagging, etc.) then you can see slight differences from the duration in your log.

2) They are calculating the end of combat differently than I am. If there is some residual damage at the end of the fight, I may be adding that into the total duration (a lingering DOT for example). Exiting combat can be inconsistant across 4/8/16 players.

Those things being said, there are some things I could attempt to do to fix this. I could try averaging the duration across multiple people to maybe get it more accurate. Or I could not add to the duration when dealing/receiving damage after combat is completed (this is possible, but I don't know if that's what is going on here). In general, the dps I'm showing is meant to be a relative comparison (within that fight), but I understand it has value if it can be accurately compared between fights. I'm definitely keeping this stuff in mind for now though.

I've noticed that lingering damage really kills my dps in the parsing tool. After a fight is over for a good 5-6 seconds my DPS will just fall. I think the best thing to do is just stop the duration when the boss dies, if the game glitches and counts the damage that will be consistent for everyone. The problem with the duration continuing out past the end of the fight is that does not give you an accurate DPS number at all. ACT stops the duration when the boss dies as far as I can tell, which is the same way recount and world of logs did it for WoW.

One thing that world of logs has done that's great is it calculates player dps time and involvement in each fight, and it takes the time of the first damage into the boss and subtracts it from when the boss dies and uses that as the bench mark for all the other players and then it gives a percentage for everyone else of time in fight. (97-99% efficiency is good, if you're down around 90% you need to improve on your performance.) Just an idea!

Edited by xenofire

I just gave it a spin. MOX is a nifty little tool with great potential. But unfortunately it also has its downsides, at least on my system (2600K @ 4GHz; Radeon 6970).

While having the information being displayed while you play is great, something related to this seems to be acting up. Pop-outs eat performance like crazy. I noticed a permanent 10 to 20FPS drop and a stutter every second while playing with pop-outs enabled. Semi-transparent windows themselves don't seem to be the issue as I have verified setting up such a window using the following AutoIt code:

GUICreate("Test GUI", 200, 100)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

WinSetTrans("Test GUI", "", 170)
WinSetOnTop("Test GUI", "", 1)

While 1
Sleep(100)
WEnd

Is anyone else observing performance drops while pop-outs are enabled?

Another feature that makes sense to be implemented IMHO is for users to be able to lock pop-outs to a chosen position relative to the SWTOR window. Users could then reposition the SWTOR window and the pop-outs move right along with it. MOX could use the SWTOR window's client area x and y coordinates as a reference point and calculate pop-out coordinates based on that.

Edited by Lasse_B

We've been using this parser for a little over a week now, and I'm curious as to why people being too far away are not counted in the parse. If it's reading the combat log and then syncing them then why does for example:

On the Toth and Zorn fight, only one of our groups dps is showing up in the parse. I cant see anything from the group on the other mob.

Shouldn't distance and even zone you're in be irrelevant?

Simple solution is don't use pop-outs or don't run on an outdated system. As long as you're synced to your raid, the information is there to be compiled in real time. That is the goal, correct?

Big props to the guy(s) that developed this, been using it since it came out.

YES.

The popout window alone takes up 10% of processor according to my task manager. It's rediculous.

Are you guys using the latest version of the parser? There were some pretty significant performance issues that I addressed in version 0.9.7.0. That being said, the parser is relatively processor intensive so its not surprising if its taking up small chunk of your CPU power while its active. I've contemplated some other performance improvements, but haven't made any yet. I know there is still some room for improvement there though. Either way, it shouldn't be so bad that its causing your game to run poorly, that is certainly not the average user experience.

We've been using this parser for a little over a week now, and I'm curious as to why people being too far away are not counted in the parse. If it's reading the combat log and then syncing them then why does for example:

On the Toth and Zorn fight, only one of our groups dps is showing up in the parse. I cant see anything from the group on the other mob.

Shouldn't distance and even zone you're in be irrelevant?

Are you all synced to the same raid key? Are you all running the latest version of the parser? Proximity should have no effect on the tool. However, you do need to be in combat to see numbers. For example, if you're hanging around outside the instance and people are fighting inside, you won't see their numbers. It could be other general network problems as well (which would be tougher to diagnose). The people who aren't showing up, are they getting updates and seeing the same numbers as everyone else?

Are you all synced to the same raid key? Are you all running the latest version of the parser? Proximity should have no effect on the tool. However, you do need to be in combat to see numbers. For example, if you're hanging around outside the instance and people are fighting inside, you won't see their numbers. It could be other general network problems as well (which would be tougher to diagnose). The people who aren't showing up, are they getting updates and seeing the same numbers as everyone else?

We are all synced to the same key. I'm fairly certain everyone else is up to date, I'll double check on friday with our next raid.

It only seems to happen on fights like Toth and Zorn or the tanks when we have the groups split. The Toth and Zorn fight is what's making it look like a proximity thing because when the tanks switch and I have to run around to heal, the other group shows up as new dps on the pop-up. And their dps stops being added when we a fully split again. It's not that they don't ever show up.

I agree it makes no sense with the way the data is obtained, it shouldn't be happening. It's highly unlikely that it could be a network issue, as they all show up on every fight where the groups aren't split. I'll make sure everyone is up to date and post an update this weekend.

Are you guys using the latest version of the parser? There were some pretty significant performance issues that I addressed in version 0.9.7.0. That being said, the parser is relatively processor intensive so its not surprising if its taking up small chunk of your CPU power while its active. I've contemplated some other performance improvements, but haven't made any yet. I know there is still some room for improvement there though. Either way, it shouldn't be so bad that its causing your game to run poorly, that is certainly not the average user experience.

Sorry for responding so late. As it turns out, frame rate decrease is the result of a combination of factors.

When I have desktop composition disabled and the opacity of MOX' pop-out window set to anything below 100%, FPS go down from 60 to ~45. This is with the most current version of MOX, which is 0.9.8.2

Disabling desktop composition actually does make the game perform faster at times; I noticed this in a space fight when wiggling the mouse trying to evade incoming fire caused FPS to drop with desktop composition enabled. It didn't drop with desktop composition disabled. Until that moment I thought all the suggestions to disable desktop composition to gain a bit of performance were nothing but a placebo effect so I was literally ***?!?!?! when I had this happen to me.

Thank you for this wonderful tool. I've been using it for some time now, but after buying a new computer a few days ago I'm having the same problem as other people where I can't see the raid damage/healing etc. but my guildies can see my damage dealt. I've tried the following :

-Forwarded ports(1024-5000) in my router and firewall

-Disabled my firewall + my antivirus

-Put my computer in the DMZ zone of my router (DMZ-demilitarized zone where it's completely unblocked by the router)

-Used TCPView to see if the parser is receiving data and it is - receiving more data than it is sending

-Disabled all programs that use the internet in some way

I really don't know what I can do more...any suggestions?

Edited by MasterTheo

What is the logic behind making raid keys expire after one week?

There are a few reasons, but mainly it has to do with performance and load balancing. I don't want too much data stored under a single key for when you go to look at it on the web site. It's also part of how I'm managing my infrastructure on the back end.

There are a few reasons, but mainly it has to do with performance and load balancing. I don't want too much data stored under a single key for when you go to look at it on the web site. It's also part of how I'm managing my infrastructure on the back end.

Would it be possible to have a static guild key that contained a list of raid keys, and the raid key portion could be hidden from the user? I have some 'special' people in my guild and while changing the raid key once a week isn't hard, you would think they were building the pyramids. . .

Thank you for this wonderful tool. I've been using it for some time now, but after buying a new computer a few days ago I'm having the same problem as other people where I can't see the raid damage/healing etc. but my guildies can see my damage dealt. I've tried the following :

I'm having the same exact issue

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for necro bumping if this is a necro bump, but I'm having an issue.

I downloaded, installed, and am currently running the MOX Desktop Parser. I went into SWTOR and enabled Combat Logging. After doing that I went and went all out on a few mobs to see if this works. I can't get the combat log to say anything. Upon further investigation, I found the swtor log folder isn't even recording a combat log, just a bunch of launcher logs. Do I have to restart my game and then restart MOX before I can get this to work?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Sorry for necro bumping if this is a necro bump, but I'm having an issue.

I downloaded, installed, and am currently running the MOX Desktop Parser. I went into SWTOR and enabled Combat Logging. After doing that I went and went all out on a few mobs to see if this works. I can't get the combat log to say anything. Upon further investigation, I found the swtor log folder isn't even recording a combat log, just a bunch of launcher logs. Do I have to restart my game and then restart MOX before I can get this to work?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

You may have the wrong directory on MOX.

You mentioned going into your logs and seeing only launcher, is that in Program Filed>SWTOR>logs?

Because combat logs are usually saved in My Documents along with screenshots etc, for example mine is in:

Libraries>Documents>Star Wars - The Old Republic>CombatLogs

All your combat ogs should be in there, and make sure you set MOXs directory to there aswell. Hope it helps

• 2 months later...

I know I'm bumping an old thread here, but I wanted to make sure everyone knew that I'm still around and still working on the parser (when I have the time). I appreciate all of the feedback that I get and I do my best to respond and discuss future options and capabilities. On that note, I know it's been over a month since my last update and I wanted to let everyone know that I pushed out a new version today. Version 0.9.9.3 includes a human readable live combat log for those who want to be able to examine the details of their combat quickly and easily while playing.

As always, my latest release notes are on my web site for those who are curious. I also wanted to say thank you again to all of the MOX parser users out there and I hope that the tool is still serving its purpose.