Game Update 5.9.3 Delayed

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

The team has made the decision to delay the launch of Game Update 5.9.3 to next Tuesday, October 2nd. We have a handful of known issues that we are tracking for the Update which we want to address before it goes live. Unfortunately, we were unable to get them fixed in time for our planned release date tomorrow.

Some of the issues we are seeing include:

• An issue with our Conquest scheduling which will stop it from proceeding as intended.
  • The interface for holocalls not displaying properly.
  • The preview window not activating properly for a variety of item types.

In each one of these instances there is a workaround which would not actually block gameplay. Still, if we can avoid those issues being live we would like to. We are going to take the extra time to address these issues to give you the best 5.9.3 we can. I will provide further updates as we move towards next week. Double XP will also move back one week to 10/9 - 10/16. Thank you all for your understanding and we apologize for the late notice.

-eric

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone actually surprised? Thanks for the info and yes, i like delayed over bugged. I predict we end up with delayed and bugged, anyone else?

You know what I'd like even more? For you guys to pick a realistic release schedule rather than stringing people along

Edited by KendraP

Is anyone actually surprised? Thanks for the info and yes, i like delayed over bugged. I predict we end up with delayed and bugged, anyone else?

You know what I'd like even more? For you guys to pick a realistic release schedule rather than stringing people along

"We know it's late, we know it's bugged... but - it could be worse, right?"

~Devs, probably

Not really that surprised. Haven't logged in in like 2 weeks solid. since I completed the Darth Hexid Feats of Strength that only one of my 29 characters received credit for her. I have like 40 days of sub time left not wasting anymore time. They lost me with the content drought and the lack of choices within the Kotet storyline. I'll probably check the boards out once a mount to see whats new. A promising year so I thought, and hear it is almost October and nothing relevant content wise.

Is it bad that I automatically add a week to any announcements of a patch? Granted I would prefer a delayed patch to bug soup, but I really wonder how a company that sets low targets and then consistently fails to achieve them expects to continue.

same here ---when the announcement first came out -- I mentally added one more week ...

hate to say it -- but I was right .....

Well, that's unfortunate. Needed something to play on my birthday (took the week off finally) and I was looking forward to double rewards since I have a platoon of toons I've wanted to march through the GC grind. Guess I'll go back to decorating and arguing in genchat..

Why do people need to be so negative always. They delayed the patch, big deal! The world's not going to end and the fact they delayed the patch only shows they care about us and that they want us to get content that works properly. Just see how the gloomies and doomies are going to jump on this post and herald how ghastly the Bioware devs are.

Just stop being negative for once. Players are blowing stuff really out of proportion sometimes if not most times.

Edited by Ylliarus

Why do people need to be so negative always. They delayed the patch, big deal! The world's not going to end and the fact they delayed the patch only shows they care about us and that they want us to get content that works properly. Just see how the gloomies and doomies are going to jump on this post and herald how ghastly the Bioware devs are.

Just stop being negative for once. Players are blowing stuff really out of proportion sometimes if not most times.

There is no need to be rude about it. it is just venting at this point and you should know better than to assume everyone is in the same boat on the matter. Just so you know, what you are doing is exactly what the others are doing, only you focused it against them instead.

might be best to let it slide for now.