For anyone having trouble with Athiss' final boss...

Hey folks,

Figured I'd share this little tip with anyone who's been having trouble killing the Prophet of Vodal at the end of the Athiss flashpoint. You could say it's a bug, but if you have someone initially pull the prophet from on top of the statues that line the walls of the room, he will stay focused on you and only you..not attacking anyone else in the party (except for the fire spawn and maybe his curse here and there). I am a Powertech BH, and kept spamming Neural Dart on him..not sure if it make a difference in the aggro, but he stayed focused on me during the entire fight. Here is a screenshot to give an idea:

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/7448/screenshot2011122104253.jpg

Happy hunting!

Edited by Webdawg

U could even stand on the ground between those things.. if u are a tank with Tauntskill u wont lose aggro. IF everyone avoids the fire ( thats the tricky part if the WoW ppl keep saying "NO! i wont move or i might miss the moment he uncloaks and loss DPS Z****!!" <-- yes ive seens those) this wont be much trouble. Just alot of work for the healer to keep an eye on those with the Dot.

Id like to add: i enjoy doing flashpoints around the lvl they are suppost to be played.. 7-8 or even 10+ lvl for those, take all the fun and wont help anyone,,,

And you deserve to have your forum account suspended for being an arrogant fool.

Good day to you.

What?

You walk into an encounter not understanding it, you should either adjust on the fly and beat it, or wipe and try again with better understanding. I'm not being arrogant at all.

Example:

Raid boss debuff applies to someone, nobody knows what it does. They let it expire and it blows up half the raid and they wipe. Next pull they know to move out of the raid for the expiration and kill the boss easily.

What?

You walk into an encounter not understanding it, you should either adjust on the fly and beat it, or wipe and try again with better understanding. I'm not being arrogant at all.

Example:

Raid boss debuff applies to someone, nobody knows what it does. They let it expire and it blows up half the raid and they wipe. Next pull they know to move out of the raid for the expiration and kill the boss easily.

^This.

This happened to me last night. First attempt: wipe. Second attempt: win! And we all became better and smarter players for it.

Did this on a Vanguard at level, as tank, in a PUG and we only wiped once

The fire is on a 30 second timer, and only is on one person, if you can avoid it

He has a local AoE with about a 5-10m range that goes off

Move away or keeps heals up if your melee

Keep him facing the back wall at the top of the steps

DPS behind him down the steps, healer at the bottom of the steps

When he goes poof, watch for who the fire is stuck on

This person needs move around to avoid the fire, until the debuff wears off(30 seconds) all 4 of the fires, 2 from top and 2 from door

Edited by PassedOut

Stuff like this just hurts players in the long run. I ran Athiss yesterday as a 22 Sage and the first time we got him down to about 35% and died. By the 2nd time I figured out how to keep people alive and the cycle of skills he uses and we beat him with nobody ever dropping below 50%. At the very least try to figure it out on your own, it will help you more in the long run then just looking it up on the internet.

And you deserve to have your forum account suspended for being an arrogant fool.

Good day to you.

Absolutely not. He is right, people should have to learn an encounter and conquer it in legitimate fashion. We should not be telling people to glitch or cheat their way to a win. This thread should be deleted for promoting exploits.

A really easy tip for people having issues with fire: the room is bigger than you think, you can go between the columns and hide back there while the fire tracks to you, then run out quickly before it gets in range. Basically if you do it right you won't even take dmg lol