Need more details on what will be concluded and how when starting 5.10

Salphidor

Hello,

just watched the Live-Stream. As I'm German it was too late for me yesterday :)

Exactly how are unfinished companion alerts concluded, when I start 5.10.

I.e. I have not gotten to do PvP to get Pierce, since I'm not loving PvP. Will that mission (that is in my log) be concluded, and will I get or get not Pierce? Same Question really for Qyzen Feez, Bowdaar, X4 and Lokin. How is it with the Starfortess Companions? With some characters, I have them up to level 10 and have done the bunkers, just need to do the veteran FP to get them. Will those be concluded as well and with which result?

Last, what will happen to the unabandonable (is this a word?) mission "Facing the Machines of War", since I have that with all my twinks, which with I most definitely will never do that OP. Will that conclude/abandon as well?

Lots and love, and looking extremely forward to 5.10.

Edited by Salphidor

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea how the specifics of Alliance Alerts will work, but I would guess they would auto-complete based on your faction. So Republic LS and Empire DS choices. Don't quote me on that though, I really am not sure. I think Machines of War won't auto-complete, after the first cutscene you just get in, defeat Tyth and the quest completes. There are no choices involved in it.

I'm guessing that if you have not done or completed the AA you just won't get the companion. It's not like they have any stake in the story.

What I'm wondering is how this will work for the Star Fortress ones, though. I did all the missions with the bunker so I have the companions on the Alliance base. But I cannot do the veteran SFs (the bug with the grapples has never been fixed) so I can't finish those and properly get the companions. I'm guessing they're all going to go, but now I'm curious.

I have no idea how the specifics of Alliance Alerts will work, but I would guess they would auto-complete based on your faction. So Republic LS and Empire DS choices. Don't quote me on that though, I really am not sure. I think Machines of War won't auto-complete, after the first cutscene you just get in, defeat Tyth and the quest completes. There are no choices involved in it.

Oh, I know how to complete Facing Machines works... I did it several times. It's just, I have 24 characters, and I wish I could just abandon the mission with some.

I'm guessing that if you have not done or completed the AA you just won't get the companion. It's not like they have any stake in the story.

What I'm wondering is how this will work for the Star Fortress ones, though. I did all the missions with the bunker so I have the companions on the Alliance base. But I cannot do the veteran SFs (the bug with the grapples has never been fixed) so I can't finish those and properly get the companions. I'm guessing they're all going to go, but now I'm curious.

I have no trouble doing the Starfortresses in Veteran. Have several people in my guild, who need them too, and so we team up. It's just, if I would get those companions automatically by starting 5.10, why bother doing it :D

I have no trouble doing the Starfortresses in Veteran. Have several people in my guild, who need them too, and so we team up. It's just, if I would get those companions automatically by starting 5.10, why bother doing it :D

I'm perfectly capable of doing the SF in veteran mode on my own and have gone through them. But there's a bug they have never fixed where the grapples to the Exarch do not work for some toons, and mine are among them, so I cannot finish them.

I don't think they're going to give you the companions automatically if you didn't complete the AA or SF for exactly the reason you mentioned. It wouldn't be fair to anyone who put in the work, especially on the Alliance Alerts that are a pain to complete, like Lokin and Qyzen Fess.

I would also like to know what happens with unfinished business before 5.10, particularly the alliance alerts. Will they disappear? Will they remain open just like they are now? And if they get auto-closed, will the companions be lost or will they be auto-granted?

I would like to get e. g. Blizz on more of my alts, but at the moment, I cannot be bothered to do his mission again. It would be good to know whether I have to do it before 5.10, whether I can still do it after 5.10 or whether I will get him automatically without doing anything.

I have questions, too. If anyone finds out the answers please let us know - Will we be able to skip kotfe and all the stuff after to get to this content? I don't want to lose my companions and pick up ones I don't want if possible. Though I'm confused with how it'll work being that our comps get replaced with like, generic versions. I want to start Ossus clean.

Will we be able to skip kotfe and all the stuff after to get to this content?

Yes. Level 70s can jump straight to Ossus, and all previous story will auto-complete. I'm not clear on how the KotFE onward army of potential companions will be handled with auto-completion, though. I'm curious about what happens with auto-completion as far as companions, too.

From the 5.10 Developer Livestream (starting at 54:30 in the stream):

56:04 - "So, if you're sitting on some companion returns that you haven't done, or romances that you really wanted to kick off that you haven't yet, be sure to do it before you start Ossus. Because it's going to assume that you didn't want to."

Assume someone didn't want the companion and not grant it, or just assume that someone didn't want to do the Alliance Alert and auto-grant (or not) the companion based on LS or DS auto-completion?

Hello,

just watched the Live-Stream. As I'm German it was too late for me yesterday :)

Exactly how are unfinished companion alerts concluded, when I start 5.10.

I.e. I have not gotten to do PvP to get Pierce, since I'm not loving PvP. Will that mission (that is in my log) be concluded, and will I get or get not Pierce? Same Question really for Qyzen Feez, Bowdaar, X4 and Lokin. How is it with the Starfortess Companions? With some characters, I have them up to level 10 and have done the bunkers, just need to do the veteran FP to get them. Will those be concluded as well and with which result?

Last, what will happen to the unabandonable (is this a word?) mission "Facing the Machines of War", since I have that with all my twinks, which with I most definitely will never do that OP. Will that conclude/abandon as well?

Lots and love, and looking extremely forward to 5.10.

If I were you, I'd make sure to do anything you actually care about before 5.10, even if you're not sure.

The game being what it's been bug-wise for some time now, I wouldn't trust everything to work smoothly. On your main character and any others you care about that have entered the KotXX universe, take the time to make sure a BW oversight/lack of personnel/QA can't screw you over.

There's plenty of time between now and December.

Edited by arunav

Thank you for the helpful replies. I think the best thing to do is pick an alt to start off with and see what happens. Save the important characters for later when we know exactly what will happen.

I wouldn't want to skip kotfe etc and then find out I never reunited with my LI or something.

I like to know this as well. I have taken the alerts, just haven't finished them all.

And not to mention that at least one of them are tied to in-game events. Like Dr. Lokin, for example. So if what they say is true, then that would mean, if you want to have him with you, you'd need to wait until a Rakghoul event starts so you can recruit him AND ONLY THEN can you start the Ossus questline.

I hope they thought this through. Having some sort of an auto-complete console beside Lokin, side-stepping the Rakghoul event requirement. Otherwise, it'd be... a pain (for people who wants him).

Just a showerthought.

And not to mention that at least one of them are tied to in-game events. Like Dr. Lokin, for example. So if what they say is true, then that would mean, if you want to have him with you, you'd need to wait until a Rakghoul event starts so you can recruit him AND ONLY THEN can you start the Ossus questline.

I hope they thought this through. Having some sort of an auto-complete console beside Lokin, side-stepping the Rakghoul event requirement. Otherwise, it'd be... a pain (for people who wants him).

Just a showerthought.

The next Rakghoul event is at the end of the month and I'm sure there will be one in November. So there is the chance. I don't really think it is a problem with the main and a few alts, but at a certain number you need to ask yourself, if you really need Qyzen Feez, or if you can just do without him :D It just would be nice to know, if I can get him automatically.

I agree, there is some clarification on this needed. I wasn't sure if they meant that the Alliance Alerts would be treated as if they were completed or if they were disregarded. For example, if I autocompleted Bonds of Duty would it choose whether I got Rusk or Skadge for me, or treat it as if I never went and give me neither?

I think it sounded like the former, but, it's not sure clear.

I am surprised that anyone would think that the auto-complete would result in anything other than the unfinished AA being deleted from your log, with no companion.

It really would not be fair to those of us who have suffered through finding all those "worthy trophies" for Qyzen Fess or gone to several planets for Lokin to turn around and discover that players who didn't do those quests still got the companions without the work.

Plus with several of them there are multiple LS and DS choices, and for others there are none at all (Talos and Blizz spring to mind) so they can't dole out the companions based on that.

But this is something the devs will need to clarify, yes.

I am surprised that anyone would think that the auto-complete would result in anything other than the unfinished AA being deleted from your log, with no companion.

It really would not be fair to those of us who have suffered through finding all those "worthy trophies" for Qyzen Fess or gone to several planets for Lokin to turn around and discover that players who didn't do those quests still got the companions without the work.

Plus with several of them there are multiple LS and DS choices, and for others there are none at all (Talos and Blizz spring to mind) so they can't dole out the companions based on that.

But this is something the devs will need to clarify, yes.

I have 118 toons. I've done everything and seen everything I wanted to see in the KOTFE/KOTET stories.

I love auto-complete.

I have 118 toons. I've done everything and seen everything I wanted to see in the KOTFE/KOTET stories.

I love auto-complete.

Holy sht and I thought my 60something was a lot.

Indeed, requiring alt-holics to run the entire story for get one companion they want it asking too much.

I just won't ever touch any future content on alts that haven't done kotfe if this will be their fate.

Edited by Kiesu

This right here - especially if the devs are actually telling you to do it before you start Ossus or the game will assume you didn't want to. If the quest was going to autocomplete and just give you the companion they wouldn't be telling you to do it before hand.

For those who are unsure but want the companion then just do the alert.

For my part, most of my characters have lived without M1-4X and Pierce and done just fine. The only characters that have those two companions are troopers and warriors respectively. I will be not be surprised if other characters start Ossus and don't get either companion.

This right here - especially if the devs are actually telling you to do it before you start Ossus or the game will assume you didn't want to. If the quest was going to autocomplete and just give you the companion they wouldn't be telling you to do it before hand.

For those who are unsure but want the companion then just do the alert.

Unfortunately a lot of the alerta are only available after you've competed the entirety of kotfe/et. And currently we can only skip to halfway, and only do half of all available alert missions because of this. So we cant "just do them", before fist completing the entire expansion with all of our 50+ characters, which would take forever.

Edited by Kiesu

Unfortunately a lot of the alerta are only available after you've competed the entirety of kotfe/et. And currently we can only skip to halfway, and only do half of all available alert missions because of this. So we cant "just do them", before fist completing the entire expansion with all of our 50+ characters, which would take forever.

She's thinking very much like someone who contends with maybe 10 toons max. You're have 50+ and I have 100+.

Her argument is untenable for altaholics.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Holy sht and I thought my 60something was a lot.

Indeed, requiring alt-holics to run the entire story for get one companion they want it asking too much.

I just won't ever touch any future content on alts that haven't done kotfe if this will be their fate.

Depends which companion you want. You can skip to KotET and get access to those alerts, although for the ones that become available after KotET you may still need to run those chapters, you could do Iokath and get those companions ... you don't have to run every bit of story.

Let's be honest, the game doesn't force anyone to have that many alts. That's something people choose on their own and it's not up to the studio to cater to those ones who do that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against alts. I have 35, myself. But that's on me and if I want something specific on all of them then I put the effort in for it.

Depends which companion you want. You can skip to KotET and get access to those alerts, although for the ones that become available after KotET you may still need to run those chapters, you could do Iokath and get those companions ... you don't have to run every bit of story.

Let's be honest, the game doesn't force anyone to have that many alts. That's something people choose on their own and it's not up to the studio to cater to those ones who do that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against alts. I have 35, myself. But that's on me and if I want something specific on all of them then I put the effort in for it.

Suggesting to reverse what we have now by your apparent suggestion which seems to be anti-autocomplete is unfair to those who do chose to run a lot of alts, and... the studio apparently thought enough of people like myself and Kiesu to put that feature in.

I strongly advocate for the continuation of the auto-complete feature.

She's thinking very much like someone who contends with maybe 10 toons max. You're have 50+ and I have 100+.

Her argument is untenable for altaholics.

Funny. No, I have 35. Thinking about making more but I want to get my current ones finished up. Some of them have done everything to date, some have finished up to Iokath, some have finished up to the end of KotFE, some are sitting after Ch 9 of KotFE.

And yes, I'm going to actually get all of them done personally. Maybe not before Ossus hits but it's not really a race.

Suggesting to reverse what we have now by your apparent suggestion which seems to be anti-autocomplete is unfair to those who do chose to run a lot of alts, and... the studio apparently thought enough of people like myself and Kiesu to put that feature in.

I strongly advocate for the continuation of the auto-complete feature.

Autocomplete still doesn't allow someone to make specific choices. It assumes choices. If someone wants to make specific choices then you still do have to play through the entire thing.

Funny. No, I have 35. Thinking about making more but I want to get my current ones finished up. Some of them have done everything to date, some have finished up to Iokath, some have finished up to the end of KotFE, some are sitting after Ch 9 of KotFE.

And yes, I'm going to actually get all of them done personally. Maybe not before Ossus hits but it's not really a race.

Then don't worry yourself over what the rest of us are doing and sit there and call what we're doing unfair. You've chosen to grind them up and I've chosen not to, and the game accommodates us both.