EA Motive and Bioware Montreal has Merged. Likely for BF 2

MandFlurry

Just thought i would chime in about this, as this will have some kind of impact on SWTOR here. I would think maybe even less resources for this game. What do you guys think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwGibTRPCTo

Bioware Austin is where SWTOR is produced. I don't believe Montreal has ever been involved, or if they were.. it was work jobbed-out from Austin to spare resources from time to time.

In other words... this changes nothing.

Just thought i would chime in about this, as this will have some kind of impact on SWTOR here. I would think maybe even less resources for this game. What do you guys think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwGibTRPCTo

It's a complete different studio in another country that has nothing to do with swtor. I can't see how this would have any impact on swtor.

BF2 might have an impact as a competing game for players, but that's because it's EAs focus SW game and new.

ME has been canned for now, DA hasn't been seen since and bioware are working on a few other games. Swtor should be okay to go and the fact that bioware are still hiring for people for swtor means it's still very much active.

BF2? wait what? there is already a BF2 that was launched years ago...

ME has been canned for now, DA hasn't been seen since and bioware are working on a few other games. Swtor should be okay to go and the fact that bioware are still hiring for people for swtor means it's still very much active.

There is something afoot for DA by the looks of the current job openings

BF2 in this instance is Battlefront 2 https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2?isLocalized=true

That's promising. Bioware is at its best when working on a new IP rather than trying to force out a DA:3 or a ME4. Both of which they did do and both of which were of low quality. The artists need to be able to let their creative juices flow! Something they can't really do when they are shackled to a 6+ year old IP.

BF2 might have an impact as a competing game for players, but that's because it's EAs focus SW game and new.

Depends on what systems they decide to include into BF2, it's probably much more of a focus for EA due to being cross-platform unlike SWTOR. Add into that the boxed sales per release, plus the "season pass" and DLC sales and the revenue would definitely make this more of a focus for EA.

yeah that will get confusing two games with the abbrieviation BF2. i think it's time battlefront is called BFr2, besides BF2 has been linked with battlefield 2 for years before and everyone knows that. i will call it BFr2 from this point to avoid confusion.

if there is something going on with DA i hope it doesn't end up like it did with MEA or DA3, in both cases they followed the same path, they were inadequate compared to their previous products.

Haven't played it yet but everything I've seen has lead me to believe DA3 was a big success for them. I know MEA was a loser (still gonna play it though). And I have heard and seen stuff that makes me agree that something is coming for DA at some point. Is BW working on Anthem? I was interested in Anthem until I hear it was a MMO. I figured it to be just another shooter but it looks like a persistent world type, They might as well be getting the red pen out on that one to start figuring up the losses.