BW, please fix Partisan and Conquer power relic proc stacking.

Ashuranrx

Dear BW, please fix Partisan and Conquer PvP power relic proc stacking. In their current implementation, procs from 2 Partisan power relic cannot stack and procs from 2 Conquer power relic cannot stack. However, proc from 1 Partisan power relic can stack with proc from 1 Conquer power relic when both proc simultaneously. This results in giving the character a boost of over 900 power during the buff. I believe this is not an intentional design base on the fact that PvP power relics of the same tier cannot stack.

I believe this is the main source of people complaining about getting crit for over 9000 from powerful attacks such as Smash from Warriors, Ambush from Snipers, and Maul from Assassins… etc. The abilities themselves are not overpowered, but rather when buffed with over 900 power, criting with these hard hitting abilities make the damage go out the roof.

I also believe that this is the main source of people complaining about healing being overpowered in PvP. In the instance that the healer has both power relic proc buff and the DPS do not have the buffs up, the healer can easily heal any target to full with addition 945 power and negate the damage DPS throw at the team.

In other words, I think this is the main source of all the unbalance complaints in PvP.

In addition to fixing this PvP power relic procs stacking, I also want to suggest that the amount of power gain or damage deal from relic proc should be lowered, or even eliminate the procs altogether, and increase the base amount of static power increase instead. This minimize or even remove a RNG factor from PvP combat, in an already RNG heavy system (ability proc chance, crit chance, defense chance… etc). A system with less RNG is more stable and predictable, and therefore easier to pinpoint anomalies in the system and achieve better balance.

I will periodically bump this thread until a BW representative respond whether this is working as intended design or not, or until this is fixed in a patch. Thank you very much.

Edited by Ashuranrx

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to fixing this PvP power relic procs stacking, I also want to suggest that the amount of power gain or damage deal from relic proc should be lowered, or even eliminate the procs altogether, and increase the base amount of static power increase instead. This minimize or even remove a RNG factor from PvP combat, in an already RNG heavy system (ability proc chance, crit chance, defense chance… etc). A system with less RNG is more stable and predictable, and therefore easier to pinpoint anomalies in the system and achieve better balance.

I will periodically bump this thread until a BW representative respond whether this is working as intended design or not, or until this is fixed in a patch. Thank you very much.

This.

according to my tests on a warzone trainning dummy, a non augmented partisan power relic give you less damage than an augmented(with 12hp 18 power aug) relic during the non proc phase but once you put a 20hp 32 power aug on the partisan, the dps on the non power proc phase is better because of the expertise bonus.

Disclaimer. My tests are not optimal at all. I tested it with maul and hit the dummy 7-8 times for each test (avoiding the power procs and the duplicity procs and taking the normal hits (6 for each test)) only. Also, the difference was very small and the partisan give more expertise so it gives more attack and defense.

It's worse than that, each relic can be double proc'd with the healing timer for a total of 1800 power. This is still hilariously bad and typical of the terrible software that Bioware produces.

I don't think this is the reason for the huge smashes, that's more likely a math error somewhere in bolster. Why? First off I didn't see smashes this high before derp 2.0. Second, 1800 power is what , 400 bonus damage at .23? Not exact, but that wouldn't pump out 3K in damage over what it should.

It's worse than that, each relic can be double proc'd with the healing timer for a total of 1800 power. This is still hilariously bad and typical of the terrible software that Bioware produces.

I don't think this is the reason for the huge smashes, that's more likely a math error somewhere in bolster. Why? First off I didn't see smashes this high before derp 2.0. Second, 1800 power is what , 400 bonus damage at .23? Not exact, but that wouldn't pump out 3K in damage over what it should.

well thats due to smash mechanics

400dmg increase by power itself

multiplied by 2 due to singularity stacks (+100% dmg)

multiplied by surgerating

=> your 2k+ dmg increase can be obeserved

You didn't see smashes that high because the stats were more modest as were the weapons. Proportionally the damage from smash now is about the same to a little less. If before a smasher could hit my vanguard with his 18+k health, capped expertise and heavy armor for 1/3 of his health now it is maybe a bit more than 1/4.

agreed, remove proc relics and give us flat bonuses again.

clicky buff relics were removed for the exact same reason that these RNG proc relics should be removed

cash started a thread about this. it was valid then. it's valid now.

on a dummy the constant power from the old elite war hero relics actually were about 100dps better than the stacked partisan + conq proc relics on 6 minute parses

Granted in pvp since burst is king I roll with the part + conq, not to mention the extra expertise....but thought I would share for those that care.

If all three builds in the trinity of MMO types (tank healer and DPS) all have double stacked buffs, isn't it a wash if you remove it?

Healing, tanking, and DPS all proportionately drop at the same rate, making the experience exactly the same?

If all three builds in the trinity of MMO types (tank healer and DPS) all have double stacked buffs, isn't it a wash if you remove it?

Healing, tanking, and DPS all proportionately drop at the same rate, making the experience exactly the same?

Except power does not do squat for your defensive stats, so as tanks we get shafted. Sure you can stack defense relics, but defense has a severe DR, therefore dps/heal gain more out of stacking power than we do from stacking defense. Don't know about absorb, but all my tanky stats have taken a big hit at 55.

I wish power functioned similarly for tanks, as it does for dps and heals. i.e. while in tank stance, power should increase the defense/absorb/shield stats instead. After all almost every augment I use has power, and I'd much rather make my tank more tanky than add a bit of dps.

no. it has to do with when the procs occur. in other words, when the spikes in dmg and mitigation take place. if your tank procs mitigation buff when my dps hasn't proc'd his power buff, the tank's proc is relatively wasted. meanwhile, if you invert that scenario and my dps procs produce a spike in dmg while your tank's relics DON'T proc, that tank is suddenly screwed.

as a tank, dps or healer, I would rather have activated relics over rng. at least then I could respond to a dpser's "proc" with one of my own. the way it is now, you just have to eat it and hop RNG is on your side.

edit: incidentally, this is also the complaint ppl have about auto crit abils, especially now that base crit is down 15-20%. crit RNG. if I crit 2 mauls in a row, your in deep poopy troops. but baseline crit is down across the board, so that's not much of a concern these days. factor in mr. auto crit and...well...you may not agree with the QQ, but I think it's understandable.

Edited by foxmob

no. it has to do with when the procs occur. in other words, when the spikes in dmg and mitigation take place. if your tank procs mitigation buff when my dps hasn't proc'd his power buff, the tank's proc is relatively wasted. meanwhile, if you invert that scenario and my dps procs produce a spike in dmg while your tank's relics DON'T proc, that tank is suddenly screwed.

as a tank, dps or healer, I would rather have activated relics over rng. at least then I could respond to a dpser's "proc" with one of my own. the way it is now, you just have to eat it and hop RNG is on your side.

edit: incidentally, this is also the complaint ppl have about auto crit abils, especially now that base crit is down 15-20%. crit RNG. if I crit 2 mauls in a row, your in deep poopy troops. but baseline crit is down across the board, so that's not much of a concern these days. factor in mr. auto crit and...well...you may not agree with the QQ, but I think it's understandable.

yes but apparently on-use relics were too hard for people to use in PvP so bioware took them out of the game....

really....

yes but apparently on-use relics were too hard for people to use in PvP so bioware took them out of the game....

really....

that isnt why the were removed. the clicky buff relics were removed b/c they provided too much of a boost. if your opponent used one and either you didnt or yours was on cd, you were fkd. the same applies here; if your proc doesnt go off and your opponent's does, theyve got a huge advantage.

not to mention these relics are bugged and healing and damage are separate procs; it is possible to get 4 separate procs from 2 relics for ~1600 power.

that isnt why the were removed. the clicky buff relics were removed b/c they provided too much of a boost. if your opponent used one and either you didnt or yours was on cd, you were fkd. the same applies here; if your proc doesnt go off and your opponent's does, theyve got a huge advantage.

not to mention these relics are bugged and healing and damage are separate procs; it is possible to get 4 separate procs from 2 relics for ~1600 power.

Yep, lovely to see a person with 4 procs on at once, hopefully I ahve a force push up.

Wow, I didn't know about that. That explained what I saw the other day: a Sniper KO'ed someone in what looked like 100% to 0% in 10s. Vital Regulators self heal double proc the power relics, and damage double proc the power relics, and BAM! Godlike damage for a short instance with quadrible power relic procs.

People have been crying nerfs at the wrong things. PvP power relics are the ones that need fixing and adjusting.

how would this be a PvE nerf? we are talking about PvP relics.....

I know, since launch PVP relics is ALWAYS better, forcing PVE players to play PVP.

Now you want to change it, when it's worth for both pve and pvp.

These relics means better heals and dps on raids, and PVE will be affected one more time because of pvp whine.

My point it's not the relics, my point is PVE being screwed because of pvp nerfs.

Every player can buy these relics, so it's fair with everybody playing.

I'm still learning english, though.

I know, since launch PVP relics is ALWAYS better, forcing PVE players to play PVP.

Now you want to change it, when it's worth for both pve and pvp.

These relics means better heals and dps on raids, and PVE will be affected one more time because of pvp whine.

My point it's not the relics, my point is PVE being screwed because of pvp nerfs.

Every player can buy these relics, so it's fair with everybody playing.

I'm still learning english, though.

Sounds like your problem is more with PvE relics not being good enough. These are PvP relics so it probably should be balanced around PvP; wouldn't you think?

Sounds like your problem is more with PvE relics not being good enough. These are PvP relics so it probably should be balanced around PvP; wouldn't you think?

It's the best idea but you all know, it's Bioware. Doing retard things since Beta.

I think what people are truly advocating are removing both procs and on-use, making it a passive stat instead.

I'm on board with this.

Arguments against rng luck & when the proc is "wasted" are woes of every class. As a healer, my procs go off every 20s b/c my bubble does a healing tick every second. I'm not always channeling a large heal to land when both procs are up.

I imagine the same applies for DPS that apply dots, etc.

In general, I think most people want to itemize & know what their effort will produce in a WZ. One of the complaints about the "mystery" of bolster.

Please learn what the relics do before posting all kinds of nonsense on the forums about what you think they do. It's possible to get the power increase 4x yes, one proc from each relic for healing and one proc for dmg from both relics.

HOWEVER, when they reproc, the power you gained just lasts longer, so your conq relic buff of +435 power lasts for 6-12 seconds (based on when it proc'd, it could only be 7 seconds if it double procs one second after the first). You never get close to 1600 power off of both relics alone. the most you get is 845 power.