!!POLL!! The reason why Empire winrate is higher than Republic is....???

Sorrowsongg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

personally i think people with more direction choose to play evil.

people with less direction play good because its easier on the moral compass.

The effect being that empire will have people that are more directed at achieving a focus goal even if its a bunch of individuals going for the same goal.

Being a kick *** "good" person is sociologically seen as "weak" as it means that there are purely ideological ideas preventing success.

The imbalance is built into the system.

All of these game manufacturers should have phd sociologists on staff.

personally i think people with more direction choose to play evil.

people with less direction play good because its easier on the moral compass.

The effect being that empire will have people that are more directed at achieving a focus goal even if its a bunch of individuals going for the same goal.

Being a kick *** "good" person is sociologically seen as "weak" as it means that there are purely ideological ideas preventing success.

The imbalance is built into the system.

All of these game manufacturers should have phd sociologists on staff.

phd pffft *cough*/ that's the best you can muster??.. all joking aside, In my large experience:

Long time MMO players seem to have gone Sith (usually play evil faction) i.e. used to working with teams PUGs across many many MMOs. Where-as the average Republic player seems to socially scoff at having to play with others and frowns upon the idea of interacting for any long duration. Possibly more SPG orientated also with little to no experience of the MMO world.

But of course curiosity being curiosity, they find themselves in a WZ bereft of any plan or idea on the group objective; which unbalances any team. If jonny jedi doesn't have the first idea about helping the team mentality then that team suffers.

Obviously that's not the rule across the board nor a guideline for Republic players just my experience thus far.

Edited by Caspian_Rho

Hi,

I see a lot of comments regarding that Emp side have a higher winrate than Rep side in WZs.

Since the 50s bracket went live and all the 50s are rerolling in order to queue, Imp winrate in wz I take part of has been 1 out of 5

So I guess now that they aren't farming lowbies, their actual skill level is showing and they are getting owned.

Well I know the empire won that last game of Alderaan I was in because my project damage isn't instant so I couldn't stop a cap.

Yep, it was all about that tiny delay, it couldn't possibly be the person behind the keyboard.

PRO TIP:

If you are using a slow cast to interrupt a cap, thats your fault. Use an instant.

Edited by Kelticfury

Yep, it was all about that tiny delay, it couldn't possibly be the person behind the keyboard.

PRO TIP:

If you are using a slow cast to interrupt a cap, thats your fault. Use an instant.

And what should I have used instead hmm?

Telekinetic throw was on cooldown. I could have used my dot I guess, but is dot damage applied immediately? No it's not.

If I had been a sorcerer the damage would have been applied immediately, the cap would have been stopped and we would have held the base.

Telekinetic throw was on cooldown. I could have used my dot I guess, but is dot damage applied immediately? No it's not.

If I had been a sorcerer the damage would have been applied immediately, the cap would have been stopped and we would have held the base.

Force breech?

stun?

mind control?

interrupt?

Force slow?

all of these are awesome attacks. well mind control isnt an attack so may not have worked but its still awesome.

phd pffft *cough*/ that's the best you can muster??.. all joking aside, In my large experience:

Long time MMO players seem to have gone Sith (usually play evil faction) i.e. used to working with teams PUGs across many many MMOs. Where-as the average Republic player seems to socially scoff at having to play with others and frowns upon the idea of interacting for any long duration. Possibly more SPG orientated also with little to no experience of the MMO world.

But of course curiosity being curiosity, they find themselves in a WZ bereft of any plan or idea on the group objective; which unbalances any team. If jonny jedi doesn't have the first idea about helping the team mentality then that team suffers.

Obviously that's not the rule across the board nor a guideline for Republic players just my experience thus far.

To be fair you didn't do anything here but restate the condition.

You give no "reasons."

groups play as groups across many servers. And they choose evil why?

They dont choose good why?

less socially inclined folks play good why?

Here is a question for you. In pugs do you see people giving orders on imp side?

I rarely see it republic unless i do it. still that may be just the luck of the server draw.

Edited by CrunchyGremlin

swing your saber? use an instant? use an interrupt? Your seeming reluctance to use anything but a power that you claim is so in favor of the other side is no one's fault but yours.

Adapt and overcome, or just use project and pebbles and whine more.

PRO TIP:

Hmmm

It is supposed to be an instant...however the animation delay means it isn't...

One question that was missed, I think: When do you play?

It's night and day depending on when you queue as Republic on my server. Bright and early in the morning, I win more than 50% of my games. Queuing 4 PM-10 PM, I'll be lucky if I win a single one throughout.

Thus, I try to punch out my PvP dailies right after breakfast and can usually get it done in a little more than an hour. If I am unable to do them in the morning, I usually don't even bother trying in the evening.

Edited by McVade

Originally Posted by Jrwoods

Easy answer?

12 year olds play republic...glory to the empire.

I'm 22 and I play republic. Most of the players that I have met on the republic aren't anywhere near their teenage years either.

We don't need to compensate for our insecurities and let out or teen angst by playing the dark and evil characters of the empire.

And besides, I like playing on the underdog faction. Builds stronger bonds between myself and the rest of the players on my server who attempt to PvP.

One question that was missed, I think: When do you play?

It's night and day depending on when you queue as Republic on my server. Bright and early in the morning, I win more than 50% of my games. Queuing 4 PM-10 PM, I'll be lucky if I win a single one throughout.

Thus, I try to punch out my PvP dailies right after breakfast and can usually get it done in a little more than an hour. If I am unable to do them in the morning, I usually don't even bother trying in the evening.

Good point.

I play 10pm+ PST. After about 2am the WZ's just stop happening. Especially if getting rolled by the empire.

Close to 400 participants now.

Some short notes full analysis will arrive on sunday when i have more data

So far imperials state that they queue more often in groups while republic queue more solo

Imperials also more often play tanks and ranged dps while republic have more healers and melee dps

Imperials have a higher medium rank than republic players so far and they estimate their winrate higher than republic players

Imperials are slightly younger than republic players and like more to be in charge and point out what to do in WZs

Imperials also use voice chat a lot more than republic players so far

Cheers

Kamasuthra

I'm not buying it. It's totally random, I've been in WZ where the Republic dominated like 4 or 5 matches in a row and I've been in WZ where the Empire crushes he Republic. If you queue solo it's random PUGs in an uncoordinated PvP match. I've seen plenty of Republic Champs and Battlemasters, there is no secret conspiracy against the Republic faction. If you never win a match is either because you're really unlucky or you just stink.

I know it's harsh but this is a pretty pointless survey, you need a select sample size which makes it fundamanetally flawed due to Imperial numbers and bias. You will also not find honest answers. It's a good idea in theory and will yield interesting results but they will not be anywhere close to accurate. Edited by Beelzebubs