Healer DPS

Furter

Hello,

I am looking for suggestions on DPS rotations and how to do effective DPS while questing as a healer. I just received Gault for a companion who has significantly helped me (alot better for me than Mako). But what is the DPS style to be done? Any rotation tips would be appreciated.

Hello,

I am looking for suggestions on DPS rotations and how to do effective DPS while questing as a healer. I just received Gault for a companion who has significantly helped me (alot better for me than Mako). But what is the DPS style to be done? Any rotation tips would be appreciated.

Hi Furter.

This topic has been discussed quite a few times regarding dps rotations etc. If you have already tried to Google by the following:

Site:swtor.com mercenary bodyguard leveling

Or anything else after site:swtor.com

If nothing of value then ill see what I can provide

Healer leveling is difficult at best, depending on the situation. Some circumstances Mako is perfect (strong, Elite) some Gault is perfect (weak, strong) you may have to experiment because every instance of encounter is different. Heat builds up quickly. However, when using Supercharged Gas and Combat Support Cylinder , spamming Charged Shots while Supercharged Gas and heat is low takes down strong move and elites pretty well. Its a rough cause. The normal missile is a high heat eater and try to use very sparingly. Trying my best here while I'm on my phone.

Hopefully others on here can provide some more support

Sent by my EVO 4G

Edited by djinnerman

Hello,

What level are you and how are you spending your points? What companion are you using? Assuming you're just starting out, be forewarned that Mako is a terrible DPSer. She gets a great CC later on but overall, you're going to have to do most of the work until about level 28 or so when you get Gault. That said, I suggest picking these skills in the following order even if you plan on being a healer.

Ironsights x3

Mandalorian Iron Warheads x2

Muzzle Fluting

Stabilizers x3

Med Tech x2

Improved Vents x2

Hired Muscle x1

Supercharged Gas

Empowered Scans x2

Surgical Precision Systems x2

This will get you to level 28. Use Combustible Gas Cylinder until you get High Velocity Gas Cylinder. Use HVGC until level 24 when you get Supercharged Gas then switch to Combat Support Cylinder. You basically want to use Death From Above every chance you get on packs of normal mobs. When there's a strong mob in the pack, DFA should kill the normals pretty fast. Use Electro Dart on the strong if you need to. Mako should heal you through the rest of the fight. Use Explosive Dart, Power Shot, Unload, and if he's dotted from Combustible Gas, use Rail Shot as the finisher. You might need an extra Power Shot or 2 to get through it as well as Rapid Shots to maintain heat.

Pretty much the same for elites except you'll need more Power Shots/Rapid Shots thrown. If you're using HVGC, you'll proc Rail Shot less unless Mako dots the mob or you use Electro Dart. I also found using Sweeping Blasters 2-3 times on packs of normal mobs to wipe them out completely when DFA is on CD. Running up to mobs and lining them up for Flamethrower is also another great way to kill easy packs. Try and stay away from using Missile Blast too often.

By the time you get Gault, you may want to respec for more healing. I'd suggest keeping Muzzle Fluting though but picking up Upgraded Arsenal for the increased crit. Go ahead and pick up the other 2 points in Hired Muscle as well. Gault is an excellent DPSer as long as you keep his gear up to date. When possible, use cunning heavy gear with crit and surge as secondary stats. Earpieces and implants may be tough to find for him but you can substitute aim based ones if need be. Check npc vendors on every planet to see if you can find a nice vibroknife for him as it will increase his dps as well.

If you're looking to go hybrid healer, you can read my sticky at the top of the Merc forums for leveling tips.