So is the Warrior now just the random Sith that has a title but no actual authority ?

Kayriel

As the title says , i am curious to know , what position does the Warrior have in the Empire and by that i don't mean that title that gives him .

What i want to know is if the Warrior right now is just a random Sith that Marr and the dark council views as a pawn , since his previous title doesn't mean anything anymore and right now the dark council rules the empire ( just like it always did , since the emperor was more concerned with making the galaxy his next meal ) , but the Warrior no longer speaks with a voice that has weight behind it , since that weight was taken away when the emperor's plans were revealed , so he has no real power base an honorary title and is basically at the whims of the dark council.

Am i missing something , or did i forget some part of the story where he actually gets to have actual political power , besides him being the Wrath ? Something that now means nothing to the top dogs in the empire and if they feel that he becomes a nuisance he is easily disposed of since he has no actual backing , other than 1 dark council member , whom does not have that strong of a word to say compared to Marr or Ravage or hell even Nox now ?

As far as i can see , the Warrior just got demoted , from an equal standing with the dark council ( if you look at the cinematic after killing Baras , Marr sais that the warrior is acknowledged as the wrath and that his actions will not be challenged as long as they don't contradict the actions of the dark council ) , to a step below them .

Edited by Kayriel
typos

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the title says , i am curious to know , what position does the Warrior have in the Empire and by that i don't mean that title that gives him .

What i want to know is if the Warrior right now is just a random Sith that Marr and the dark council views as a pawn , since his previous title doesn't mean anything anymore and right now the dark council rules the empire ( just like it always did , since the emperor was more concerned with making the galaxy his next meal ) , but the Warrior no longer speaks with a voice that has weight behind it , since that weight was taken away when the emperor's plans were revealed , so he has no real power base an honorary title and is basically at the whims of the dark council.

Am i missing something , or did i forget some part of the story where he actually gets to have actual political power , besides him being the Wrath ? Something that now means nothing to the top dogs in the empire and if they feel that he becomes a nuisance he is easily disposed of since he has no actual backing , other than 1 dark council member , whom does not have that strong of a word to say compared to Marr or Ravage or hell even Nox now ?

As far as i can see , the Warrior just got demoted , from an equal standing with the dark council ( if you look at the cinematic after killing Baras , Marr sais that the warrior is acknowledged as the wrath and that his actions will not be challenged as long as they don't contradict the actions of the dark council ) , to a step below them .

I personally disagree. If that was the case, after the Emperor is gone, you would simply lose your title but Marr makes you the "Empire's Wrath." which in a sense has allowed you to keep your title. Marr also continues to speak to you as if the two of you are equals. Even talking about his further plans within the Empire (which has you included.)

I personally disagree. If that was the case, after the Emperor is gone, you would simply lose your title but Marr makes you the "Empire's Wrath." which in a sense has allowed you to keep your title. Marr also continues to speak to you as if the two of you are equals. Even talking about his further plans within the Empire (which has you included.)

You are of singular importance to our future. The Emperor may have abandoned you, but in my eyes you are ever the Empire's Wrath.

He speaks in his name and his name alone.

Claiming he made the Warrior the "Empire's Wrath" is a stretch so to speak; it more akin to an honorary title, NOT exactly something on par with the position the Wrath had prior to it, which was to answer ONLY to the Emperor himself.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I got the impression that Marr's comment was just saying that he thought the Wrath was a super dude and would back him up. No telling what the other members of the Dark Council think.

The agent is in a somewhat similar position, really.

I got the impression that Marr's comment was just saying that he thought the Wrath was a super dude and would back him up. No telling what the other members of the Dark Council think.

Indeed.

Agent: So anytime Lana comes to me with orders, I can tell her where to go.

Darth Marr: Lana will represent the Dark Council. I expect her to be afforded the same respect given to me.

^^ That one by the Agent cracked me up. :p

The Agent, in theory, has some role/authority within Sith Intelligence. With the Emperor now an enemy of the Empire, the Wrath is in kind of a gray area. I'd say he's rather obviously above the ordinary Darths and the rest of the lower hierarchy, but he no longer has the authority of the Emperor, nor any real personal power base or sphere of authority on the Dark Council.

Honestly I'm kind of surprised he didn't take Arkous seat on the sphere of military offense or something.

Edited by jovianus

The Agent, in theory, has some role/authority within Sith Intelligence. With the Emperor now an enemy of the Empire, the Wrath is in kind of a gray area. I'd say he's rather obviously above the ordinary Darths and the rest of the lower hierarchy, but he no longer has the authority of the Emperor, nor any real personal power base or sphere of authority on the Dark Council.

Honestly I'm kind of surprised he didn't take Arkous seat on the sphere of military offense or something.

Marr will kick the bucket by the time the Emperor is dealt with, and the Warrior will take his place. :D

Darth Nox *cough, Occlus* will welcome his new subordinate. :p

Obviously. :p

The Inquisitor will bind the last remnants of the Emperor's spirit, and will effectively become his Voice.

Hence, Nox / Occlus / Imperius will become SUPREME RULER of the Empire. :D

^^ That doesn't sound as bad as it did in my head.

The Inquisitor will bind the last remnants of the Emperor's spirit, and will effectively become his Voice.

Heh, works for me.

In all seriousness though, making the Wrath a formal part of the Council would be kind of problematic in terms to crossing stories with the Inquisitor. Even if you establish them as equals, you're left with the problem of the two most influential people on the Council, the ones keeping the Empire from falling apart, never being able to actually interact or reference eachother. Other than I guess the occasional awkward throw away line about 'The Dark Lord in charge of Sith Knowledge/Military Defense did <insert non-choice affected event>'.

Will be interesting to see if they manage to come up with something for the SW, or just relegate him to perpetual 'You don't have any actual position or authority, but you're the Council's go to guy for doing stuff and things' limbo.

Oh, so you have the crazy wackjob dream that your Inquis will bind the Emperor's spirit too?

:> I certainly don't want my Inquis becoming the Voice *cough puppet cough* doe :'c

Edited by Exosasa

Heh, works for me.

In all seriousness though, making the Wrath a formal part of the Council would be kind of problematic in terms to crossing stories with the Inquisitor. Even if you establish them as equals, you're left with the problem of the two most influential people on the Council, the ones keeping the Empire from falling apart, never being able to actually interact or reference eachother. Other than I guess the occasional awkward throw away line about 'The Dark Lord in charge of Sith Knowledge/Military Defense did <insert non-choice affected event>'.

Will be interesting to see if they manage to come up with something for the SW, or just relegate him to perpetual 'You don't have any actual position or authority, but you're the Council's go to guy for doing stuff and things' limbo.

I think they should just pull a Malgus and slap him with a fleet (that will never match Nox's, of course :> ), but no council power. Make him a military, brutish sword swinger :>

Nox and Marr will enjoy bossing around their insubordinate while running their joint military fleet :rak_03:

The Wrath would obviously lure them to some backwater planet, under the guise of rerouting hyperspace routes, and encourage each fleet to annihilate one another. Afterwards, it would utterly exterminate any potential stragglers.

However, the whole scenario was just a distraction, and the real goal would lie ahead. Eventually.

:rak_03:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

The Wrath would obviously lure them to some backwater planet, under the guise of rerouting hyperspace routes, and encourage each fleet to annihilate one another. Afterwards, it would utterly exterminate any potential stragglers.

However, the whole scenario was just a distraction, and the real goal would lie ahead. Eventually.

:rak_03:

It's K doe, because

Nox's ghosts would grant him invincibility, so he'd be all "NEWP" and jump onto the planet's (or moon's!) surface, shocky shocky, then suck up the Wrath's ghosty ghosty. ^_^

It's K doe, because

Nox's ghosts would grant him invincibility, so he'd be all "NEWP" and jump onto the planet's (or moon's!) surface, shocky shocky, then suck up the Wrath's ghosty ghosty. ^_^

BEST ENDING EVA! :eek:

EDIT:

the suck part sounded dirty though. :p

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Oh, so you have the crazy wackjob dream that your Inquis will bind the Emperor's spirit too?

:> I certainly don't want my Inquis becoming the Voice *cough puppet cough* doe :'c

That reminds me, they should have totally given the Inquisitor the option to bind Revan's ghost. But I suppose they couldn't do that without players of other classes whining about how they didn't get anything as awesome as that or cheapening the Inquisitor's force walk power by letting every class somehow get power from Revan's ghost.

Anyway, OT: I'd imagine they are at least a tier one Darth who reports directly to a Dark Council member like Baras was at the start of the Warrior story. But 'Empire's Wrath' will probably be expanded into some sort of official position instead of just being something Marr calls you.

That reminds me, they should have totally given the Inquisitor the option to bind Revan's ghost. But I suppose they couldn't do that without players of other classes whining about how they didn't get anything as awesome as that or cheapening the Inquisitor's force walk power by letting every class somehow get power from Revan's ghost.

Anyway, OT: I'd imagine they are at least a tier one Darth who reports directly to a Dark Council member like Baras was at the start of the Warrior story. But 'Empire's Wrath' will probably be expanded into some sort of official position instead of just being something Marr calls you.

I think he'll get Darthed and made Minister of War, like Wickyboo said.

Seems i am not the only one who thinks the warrior is now a random guy with a title given just for show :))

@Exosasa On what basis would the warrior get that title ? He defeated darth cartman a while back , but for that he was rewarded with the previous title , not to mention the fact that i don't ever recall the warrior doing any sort of mission that involved strategic planning or leading any sort of military operation ( not talking about Makeb or stuff like that since as far as i am concerned that is a planetary story arc that all classes go through , so nothing special there ) , add to that , the fact that he has literally no leverage what so ever in terms of a power bases or backing from any of the imperial services like Sith Intelligence and so on and we get a random sith that stands out only because at one point a few zealots gave him a title , which no longer has meaning and that title was replaced by another honorary one , with no weight behind it.

I am affraid that the only way that the warrior can hope to rise to a dark council position , is if :

1) He is given an actual personal story arc where he gathers resources and finds an oportunity to seize power in the dark council :cool:

2) Byoware , decides to just give him the position and give a weak sauce excuse as to why he suddenly has it instead of another unnamed darth ( like Arkus - until the prelude for SOR , i never heard of the guy ) that is waiting in line for the seat. :o

@Exosasa On what basis would the warrior get that title ? He defeated darth cartman a while back , but for that he was rewarded with the previous title , not to mention the fact that i don't ever recall the warrior doing any sort of mission that involved strategic planning or leading any sort of military operation ( not talking about Makeb or stuff like that since as far as i am concerned that is a planetary story arc that all classes go through , so nothing special there ) , add to that , the fact that he has literally no leverage what so ever in terms of a power bases or backing from any of the imperial services like Sith Intelligence and so on and we get a random sith that stands out only because at one point a few zealots gave him a title , which no longer has meaning and that title was replaced by another honorary one , with no weight behind it.

Neither did the Agent, and he's in charge of Intelligence. Neither did the BH, and he has supreme Imperial Authority. Neither did the JK, but he's the Battlemaster. Neither (I think..?) did the Consular, but he's on the council.

Get my jist?

The Wrath is an anomaly. He holds no title above Lord (possibly Darth, though it's never mentioned in story and the previous Wrath never was a Darth), he has no power base worth mentioning and no official posiion within the imperial administration. In addition, as the Wrath, he has the ill fortune of being essentially the former spokesperson of a toppled dictator and public enemy number one. Considering how much even DS Warriors' lines often emphasise honour, I can't blame Marr for being rather wary of the Wrath. What he does have is a well-deserved reputation as a national hero, both inside and outside the higher echelons of power. Marr seems to support that position, even if the "Empire's Wrath" doesn't seem to be anything official.

So what I can see coming for the Wrath is a position similar to the Jedi Knight. A highly respected Sith battlemaster and commander, and the Dark Council's military equivalent of a sledgehammer. But I doubt the Warrior (or the Knight, for that matter) will ever hold any political power. The conflict with the Inquisitor's storyline alone would make that problematic.

What would be very cool would be a single-player RPG sequel to this game to finish the stories. As you play each of the 8 classes (imported from the MMO), a completely custom world-state is gradually build, and your characters get to interact with each other based on the choices they made. Say something similar to Hawke's implementation in Dragon Age: Inquisition. But that's just wishful thinking, probably ...

Edited by DogeDandolo