Cannot transfer/copy toon for PTS

Lord_Martheous

this is my first try at giving PTS a shot. I followed the directions for copying a character, selected my Lvl 70 trooper, the system said character is OK to copy, but gave a warning that I had email. I logged in to clear any mail and I don't have anything on GTN. I hit the copy command. later when I check the transfer history as was suggested to check progress, it says I have no characters transferred.

I have never transferred a toon anywhere before. I figure I must have missed something, or there's a glitch that will not allow me to copy to the PTS.

Any suggestions on what to try?

Oh, this toon has not done the KOTXX series at all, if that matters.

On PTS Character Copy click the server your character is on, click the character name, click Copy Character. If it says stuff about mail and GTN don't worry about it, it doesn't matter since it's just PTS. Click "Start Copy". It should reload the main PTS Character Copy screen with server select. Just login to PTS and you should see the character, it might have a dumb name like "JGJSHJACUX" or something.

So it might be there if you haven't logged in to check. It has always been basically instantaneous for me but it could take a bit I guess.

What @kukumburr said, but I'll add that for me, the copied character has *never* appeared in the Character Transfer history.

And the reason you don't worry about the mail is that the character is *copied* to PTS, not transferred. The source character isn't affected in any way.

Beware of a few other things:

* The character will arrive with no mail, no GTN listings, four rows of character inventory spots(1) and one page(1) of cargo hold storage.

* Any stuff you had in inventory or cargo hold that won't fit in the spots that remain will be crammed into mail messages, eight items per mail. (The last character that I did this with ended up with nineteen of these mails.)

* Your character will lose all stamped outfits, and will have only one numbered outfit tab available.(1)

(1) These counts might be different if you paid credits for this character to have the slots before the transfer.

On PTS Character Copy click the server your character is on, click the character name, click Copy Character. If it says stuff about mail and GTN don't worry about it, it doesn't matter since it's just PTS. Click "Start Copy". It should reload the main PTS Character Copy screen with server select. Just login to PTS and you should see the character, it might have a dumb name like "JGJSHJACUX" or something.

So it might be there if you haven't logged in to check. It has always been basically instantaneous for me but it could take a bit I guess.

Ok, I did select the server, and then my toon that the system gave a green indication that that toon could be copied. I did click on the copy command, but nothing happened, it just stayed on that screen. I did see the post that Steve mentioned on some of the conditions of a PTS copied toon, I have no problems with that.

My Internet provider did send a notice this morning about system maintenance on their stuff, I don't know if that could be causing a problem...

Edited by Lord_Martheous

• 1 month later...

This may be a ******* question, (it wouldn't be my first,) I presume the PTS has to be available in order for the PTS Character Copy option to be available.

I was hoping to get a couple of toons transferred ahead of the Onslaught build going on the PTS.

This may be a ******* question, (it wouldn't be my first,) I presume the PTS has to be available in order for the PTS Character Copy option to be available.

I'm pretty sure that's right. And it isn't always necessary to copy a character because they sometimes put level-boosts available and credit dispensers so that paople can zap characters up to max level and buy gear. (Example: during the Ossus prep, and possibly also for the Mountain Queen prep as well.)

They mentioned the possibility that they'd wipe PTS this time around and not let people transfer toons over from live, opting for the character boost terminals.

That was via the Celebration Chicago Cantina event.

Who knows what they'll actually do this time.

• 4 weeks later...
Is the PTS character transfer not available because it’s not showing up as a menu option under my account.

Yeah it's usually only up when PTS is active. PTS is not currently available, not sure when it's going to be.

Is the PTS character transfer not available because it’s not showing up as a menu option under my account.

Not yet which makes it really impossible to make any informed comments on any of these new abilities. Reading something however well explained does not equal testing it. Really though all classes need to be out before that can happen. As BW are only half way though the classes I doubt the PTS will go live until all are out. However long that will be.

I am sure that this will really change PvP in-game. Will look out for your comments on PvP as I myself no longer play any group activity. Not sure it will change PvE at all unless every PvE boss fight gets revamped as well in 6.0. That may well be the case in-fact makes sense to do that.

Not yet which makes it really impossible to make any informed comments on any of these new abilities. Reading something however well explained does not equal testing it. Really though all classes need to be out before that can happen. As BW are only half way though the classes I doubt the PTS will go live until all are out. However long that will be.

I am sure that this will really change PvP in-game. Will look out for your comments on PvP as I myself no longer play any group activity. Not sure it will change PvE at all unless every PvE boss fight gets revamped as well in 6.0. That may well be the case in-fact makes sense to do that.

100% agree. These explanations on the changes are detailed, but until we can test them, they are theory at best and nothing we say will be real feed back.

Bioware need to put these changes on the PTS so we can test them.

• 2 weeks later...
Bump. PTS Character Copy is still disabled and all characters were wiped. Can you please turn it on?

In the other post, they said you just need to create a character and boost it to 75. Idk if they plan on turning on character copy.

• Dev Post

Please head over to the Welcome to Onslaught PTS thread for a more detailed breakdown. It is intentional that PTS has been wiped and character copy is disabled. It is very easy to get a new character to level 75 with full sets of gear + tacticals.

Please review the welcome blogs for each phase as a number of our testing phases will not allow character copy. We will also perform wipes between some phases. This is so we can control specific conditions for testing.

Thanks all.

-eric

There's a bolster terminal on Korriban to get to level 75 but then you are still without legacy. In order to test combat, we need to have all the stats from datacrons, class buffs etc. Please enable PTS Character Copy, this will make testing much easier. Edited by Jerba

This is BS, you can't test ANYTHING witha stupid level 1.WTH is is?? Is this a Joke???

There's a terminal that you can press that takes you to odesson and gives you level 75 and credits. All the information you need to get started is in one of the other forum posts.

Please head over to the Welcome to Onslaught PTS thread for a more detailed breakdown. It is intentional that PTS has been wiped and character copy is disabled. It is very easy to get a new character to level 75 with full sets of gear + tacticals.

Please review the welcome blogs for each phase as a number of our testing phases will not allow character copy. We will also perform wipes between some phases. This is so we can control specific conditions for testing.

Thanks all.

-eric

Eric, have i told you how much i love u all, thanx:D

There's a terminal that you can press that takes you to odesson and gives you level 75 and credits. All the information you need to get started is in one of the other forum posts.

Sorry, i need to look better, i apologize.. I'll look more.

Can u do this on Pub side to?? I tried to skip conversation and failed on pub side, i may have to do everything over.

Edited by MandFlurry

Can u do this on Pub side to?? I tried to skip conversation and failed on pub side, i may have to do everything over.

Not yet. I'm guessing mirroring all that over takes a bit more time and they want to get it out and tested as quickly as possible.

Never mind, I was able to figure it out. Created the wrong character!

am not seeing the PTS copy option in my account settings? Is it somewhere else? also, I did create a toon on the PTS but didn't see the character boost terminals. AM I missing something?

Edited by Glennahansen

Okay..this is confusing me, im a sub and ive installed/patched the PTS server too, after that I followed the instructions on transferring a copy of one of my sith toons, and when I click on the "MY ACCOUNT" section and look through the left hand side to find "PTS Character Copy" I don't see it there...I see the Character Transfer, but not the Other Link, so I went ahead and tried the character transfer option and selected one of my Lvl 70 sith toon, went to look for available servers & Could not find any sign of the PTS server in the list, Mind you IM absolutely New to the Public test Thing, so is there anything im missing or doing wrong here in this situation, also ive just created a new toon ON The Test server a bit a go and its got me on korriban for the starting planet & I don't know if that is something I could or should of done.

ANY Helpful Feedback would be Awesome & Welcome, Many Thanks All. :)