which companion do you use the most?

bob-a

Title says it all: which companion do you use most.

For me:

Mercenary (arsenal spec)

Default choice: Tossup between Blizz and HK51. I use Blizz during hard solo, and HK during easy stuff where I just want more dps.

Occasionally: Mako and Torian. Sometimes you need a healer more than a tank, so I try to keep Mako in good gear. And Torian gets all my hand-me-downs so hes slowly becoming better geared than HK (droids are so hard to gear). He will most likely end up replacting HK as my default dps comp in the future.

Hardly ever: Gault. Which is a shame because love the character. But HK and Torian are just better dps.

Would rather drink molten lava: Skadge. Dont want him, dont need him, hate him.

Juggernaut (vengeance spec)

Default choice: Tossup between Quinn, Jaesa and HK51. I use Quinn for hard solo (like soloing lvl 50 flashpoints and such) and Jaesa and HK for easy stuff.

Never: Vette, Pierce and Broonmark. I stopped using Vette when I got Quinn, and Pierce is still in his starting gear even. Broonmark wears my Oricon freebies simply because I had no use for them anyway.

Sniper (marksman spec)

Default choice: hands down Dr Lokin. I use him like 95% of the time. He is so wellgeared that hes basically healing me faster than the mobs can damage me, except during hard solo (like heroics)

Occasionally: Ensign Temple. Sometimes when Im doing easy stuff I use her for more dps, but generally Lokin is still quicker because I dont need to regen between fights when I use him.

Very rarely: Kaliyo. Theres the odd fight when you need a meatshield more than a healer. The tower boss daily on Oricon springs to mind. When I did that for the first time my Kaliyo was badly geared, and I just couldnt do it with Lokin. (kept getting stunned, interrupted and knocked out of cover). In the end I had to beg for assistance. Gearing up Kaliyo atm for those rare occasions.

Never: Vector, SCORPIO and HK51. HK is still in his starter gear on my agent. Only using him as crafting monkey. I love SCORPIO (more than Kaliyo) but shes a droid and droids are just too much of a pain to properly gear (they should really do something about that)

Scoundrel (scrapper spec)

Default choice: hands down Corso Riggs. Basically the opposite approach from my sniper. With Corso I soloed all the heroic 2 quests, quite a few heroic 4 quests and even a few lvl 50 flashpoints. Stealth is awesome :)

Occasionally: Risha. when its easy stuff and I just want speed, but even then I quickly get annoyed that I am unable to use back blast because I have aggro all the time.

Very rarely: Guss Tuno. Sometimes you needs heals more than a meatshield (like during a flashpoint when the healer drops group) so Im keeping Guss in decent gear too.

Never: Akaavi Spar, Bowdaar and HK51. HK is in his starter gear still on this char as well. Risha does better dps than Akaavi, and I tried using Bowdaar but even when they were equally geared I felt Corso was better at staying alive AND keeping aggro. Shame, because its a friggin wookiee..whats more smuggler than that?

Scoundrel (healer) - Akaavi Spar / Bowdaar (shield + tank stance, DPS gear)

Marauder - Jaesa Wilsaam / Treek (Heal stance)

Vanguard (tank) - M14X (shield + tank stance, DPS gear, taunts disabled) / Elara Dorne (DPS stance)

Assassin (tank) - Ashara Zavros / Talos (DPS stance)

Mercenary (healer) - Blizz (shield + tank stance, DPS gear, taunts disabled) / Mako (DPS stance)

Sage - Nadia Grell / Lt Iresso (shield + tank stance)

Sniper - SCORPIO (shield + tank stance) / Dr Lokin (heal stance)

Guardian - Kira Carsen / Doc (Heal stance)

At level 55: HK-51 usually or whatever one can wear my hand-me-downs if it is a difficult boss.

Before then, I try to get the 1000 kill achievement with every companion. After that is done, I use the following:

• Melee Tank in DPS mode with DPS stats and a shield for almost everything. We tend to take damage about the same amount this way and I can get through mobs easily and quickly.

• Healing for soloing Heroics. Most 2+ Heroics are easy to do with any character: they just have longer fights if you solo them.

• Ranged Tank in Tank mode with the Tank stats for some bosses. Because my Melee tank gets a bunch of DPS gear, I put my tank gear on my Ranged Tank to use as my actual tank companion.

Operative (healing, concealment and hybrid of the two) all Kaliyo, SCORPIO only when I "had" too. Kaliyo is also my favorite companion in game that I've seen so far. Thoroughly enjoyed everything about her and her story.

Scoundrel (same specs as above) mix between Riggs and Bowadaar but more Bowadaar. Riggs sometimes grates on me where I just get tired of his "yee-haa's" and whatnot.

Immortal Jugg - split pretty evenly between Quinn, Vette and Jaesa.

Marauder - Quinn until I got Pierce. Now Quinn gets used sparingly. Tried Broonmark, but I just like Pierce's personality better.

Sorc (healer)- All Khem all the time. Tried Xalek but I just feel better having Khem with me.

Assassin tank - Khem until I got Ashara. I do not like Ashara all that much personally though, just wanted a melee dps. Would trade for Thana Vesh in a second. :eek:

Sage (healer) - Qyzen, some Irresso.

Shadow tank - mix of all of them until I got Nadia, now I pretty much just use her. Same as Ashara, don't really care for her personally, just find it easier with a melee dps.

Vigilance Guardian and Sentinel - split pretty evenly with T7 and Scourge. Some Doc mixed in.

Just recently rolled a Powertech (pyro) and only have Mako so... :p I'll probably settle into whichever tank companion's personality feels more right with this story and character while still mixing in a little Mako every now and again.

Vanguard tank- only just finished act 1 but so far have been splitting pretty evenly between Jorgan and Elara.

It's more of an RP-OCD thing with me, as there is obviously nothing wrong with doing it, but I don't really like putting DPS gear and stance on companions that seemed like they were mostly meant to be tanks or healers.

Edited by Ridickilis

Scoundrel - Sawbones spec - Akaavi once I had her, Bowdaar if the combat turns out unusually hard

Agent - Concealment - Ensign Temple, Doc Lokin for the hardest combats.

Vanguard - Shield Spec - Elara, all the time, unless I actually had to have a different companion for their quest

Commando - Combat Medic - Aric Jorgan, usually

None of my other characters have their full range of possible companions, though I've a gunslinger (Saboteur spec) on Hoth who usually uses Risha as her companion.

Scoundrel (Sawbones) - Corso: Just keep their back pointed toward me, and I'll do the rest!

Gunslinger: Bowdaar - Keep their attention for a few seconds while I blow them up

Guardian (Defense): Kira - It just needs to die fast. Healer/tank often just kills too slow to be efficient and still have to rest between fights

Sage (Telekenetics): Nadia - Just like killing things quickly. Shields and self heal makes up for lack of healer

Commando (Medic/Assault hybrid): HK in most cases, Jorgan if I want some AoE backup

Vanguard (Assault): Dorne

Juggernaut (Immortal): Vette or Jaesa. Usually Vette.

Marauder: Quinn - Too squishy otherwise, alas. Once I get Pierce I'll see how that works out.

Assasin (Darkness): Andronikos or Xalek in damage mode. They can clean house pretty easily

Mercenery (Pyro): All Mako, all the time. Can we please space Skadge out the airlock?

Operative 1 (Medic): Temple - I keep them up, you take them down

Operative 2 (Lethality): Lokin - the direct approach.

Edited by Luneward

Guardian - Scourge. He uses my off-spec gear :D

Scoundrel - Risha. She uses my hand-me-downs

Sage - Nadia. She also uses my hand-me-downs

Vanguard - Treek, uses my off spec gear. Though I started using HK51 recently, to burn down Oricon Dailies ludicrously quickly (Tentacle boss doesn't get a tentacle, subertoth fails at using surge, ect...)

If I didn't have either I'd be using Jorgan in my DPS set while tanking the dailies.

Merc - Blizz. He uses my hand-me-downs, and in DPS spec is almost as good as Torian before accounting for the significantly better mainhand. Also I dont have treek/HK51 on my merc

[Other imp toons] - Not at 55 and not really using. My Sin goes with Xalek (off-spec dump), my sniper with Lokin (hand-me-downs) and my marauder goes with a geared up Broonmark, even though its an off-spec dump (all adaptive armor)

Edited by TACeMossie

• 3 weeks later...

Juggernaut: Vette or Jaesa. Usually Vette, since she's easier to keep alive, and she's got useful AOE.

Powertech: Skadge. I take satisfaction in using him, since I'm about the only person I know who likes him. It's weird, if you actually take the time to talk to the freak, he's actually pretty funny. I slapped on his dps stance, and dress him up in HM FP gear, and he does okay.

I pretty much exclusively use Treek as a healer these days. She can sound kinda annoying at times. But as long as she keeps my characters health topped off, she can sing the Punky Brewster theme song for all I care.

I was starting to think I was alone (on the forums - I see lots of crazy Ewoks in game)!

Marauder (Carnage/Main) - Treek

Scoundrel (DF) - Treek

Both use Treek for the same reason: non-stop action. I rarely have to stop and heal. Yeah, sure, I am facetanking everything to keep all the adds off Treek, so that may be less 'effective' than having a tank companion do it, or splitting the damage amongst two characters, but then I'd have 'downtime.' And yes, it isn't a lot of time individually, but I'd prefer to only stop after the big fights and even then Treek usually has us both back to full by the time we get to the next fight.

I am having a debate of which companion though for my upcoming PT (ST). I have been using HK since he just looks bounty hunter companion'ish with the BHA skin. But gearing him at 55 will be a chore. The Elite CZ stuff is simple, but doesn't fix the issue that droids cannot use castoff/extra modded gear due to the armouring. And I am not going to farm/buy MMGs for 30+ armourings. So it seems like I'll just have the issue again at the next level cap. So, using TacMossie's (misspelled I am sure, sorry) advice, I am going to gear a Mako for pocket heals and either: Torian for mDPS or Bliz in DPS mode. Torian, for RP at least (my token concession to it, to be honest), is a Mandolorian and all. But killing stuff with a Jawa? Well, that's just so crazy it may darn well work! Maybe I'll gear Gault as well, but Skadge is just ... too revolting even for my DS PT.

I have a baby Operative as well for my next alt and I'll have the same debate then. I'll probably use Lokin to take a break from Treek. Unless ... he turns out to be as annoying to me as Guss (I'm a mean jedi!), Doc (Come here, baby, I'll 'heal you to full *wink, wink*), Talos (Oooh, we won?), or Quinn (never use the traitor - he is a cyborg now after a little 'reeducation' session).

Fun thread. Great to see what others are thinking.

That's a popular solution 'round these parts, it seems.

Me? haven't gotten that far yet, but when I do I am thinking the KDY rep armor set. It looks like the sort of thing you would make someone wear as a punishment. Almost like a mobile medieval torture device.

Treek is like a drug, she is addictive. She makes everything a smooth sailing. In a way I regret getting her. Oh, well. I am training myself to be a better Smuggler now to be able to return to Riggs. It does take discipline and builds character, heh.

I like Quinn, myself, but I like Pierce as well. I am kindda divided right now about when I should return to Quinn on my Mara. I suppose the story will actually dictate that, after you know what event should be the best. It's just Pierce is such a spectacular piece of man-flesh to take around....

Edited by DomiSotto

Oh, the handsome-most one, of course :)

Consular: Zenith

Smuggler: Riggs

Mara: Quinn

you get the picture :)

I have similar way to decide lol :D I have my favorite comp out all time. Usually romance one.

Sage (healer) Lieutenant Iresso, he is useful because by changing offhand and stance he is good tank and DPS

... And eyecandy when property customized, default sucks tough. Pairs my healer up well.

Never: Zenith and Qyzen, just can't play with companion who is so ugly :p

Scoundrel (healer) Corso for same reason than Iresso above, Risha sometimes because I like her as a character, and she is like good friend to my scoundrel. She also does plenty of DPS.

Never: Tuna Fish because double-healer is just stupid and he is annoying (altough funny)

Shadow (DPS) Tharan, while my Sage romanced Iresso and never flirted Tharan, I went with Tharan as my Shadow. He is not as good looking as Iresso but my Shadow is not as "serious" Jedi, in fact trying to find hilarious responses as her is funny, and Tharan fits well to that setting. Sometimes I also use Nadia for faster kills.

Never: Zenith and Qyzen again because of ugliness :rak_04:

Operative (healer) Vector because romance and faster kills.

Never: Kaliyo annoys hell out of me, Lokin because double-healer sucks.

Commando (healer) Arig because he is romance. Droid tank sometimes when I need a tank

Never: Yuun, again ugliness

Gunslinger (DPS) Treek for heals, Risha for DPS

Never: Akaavi, she isn't much use because I like Risha over her

So quite far if I like comp's personality I will use him/her a lot regardless of role

I tend to use healers on all DPS and Tanks since i feel its more efficient and faster [( however I've learned a decent geared damage companion and channeling class specific heal (meditate, channel hatred, vent heat, recuperation, etc) in between pulls can be just as efficient )]

Galactic Republic -

Jedi Consular (Jedi Shadow) - Theran Cedrax

Jedi Knight (Guardian) - Doc (Archiban Kimble)

Smuggler (Scoundrel) - Bowdaar

Trooper (Commando) - Aric Jorgen

Imperial Empire -

Sith Warrior (Juggernaut) - Malavai Quinn

Sith Inquisitor (Sorcerer) - Khem Val

Imperial Agent (Operative) - Kaliyo Djannis until 40 then SCORPIO

Bounty Hunter (Powertech) - Mako (Clone of Coral)

I have leveled many of the 8 classes twice, and want to try uses more damage companions and try using the self heal all classes get - since i'm told its better in the long run as far as efficiency

Edited by Calpurrnia

Never: Zenith and Qyzen, just can't play with companion who is so ugly

Zenith, ugly?! Blasphemy!!! Lol, one woman's eye-candy is another's scarecrow.....

Now, Aric was born the ugliest Cathar in the Galaxy! I still run with him, as there is zero other options on Trooper.

Edited by DomiSotto

Merc, DPS- HK, and Skadge on harder stuff

Assassin, Tank-Treek (want to start using my other comps now that my gear is high enough to not worry a lot during dailies)

PT, Switch a lot- HK

Vanguard, Tank- Aric

Jugg Tank- Fluffy/Broonmark, Jaessa

Marauder- Vette, Fluffy/Broonmark

Shadow, DPS- Treek

Sage, DPS- Qyzen and Treek

Scoundrel, DPS- Treek

Guardian DPS- Kira, and Treek for harder stuff

Sniper- Lokin (Only agent companion I like, and a healer is the best role to accompany a sniper imo)

A lot of variety in there huh? :p HK is such an amazing companion, his one shot ability alone makes him the best in DPS. That along with his voice and lines, makes it pretty hard to use other companions.

Even though I don't really like Treek, having her there makes things really easy. She is, without a single doubt, the best tank companion in the game. (I like Fluffy, Skadge, and Qyzen enough to warrant using them over her in those select cases.)

It sucks, the majority of my favorite companions are melee tanks. And, unfortunately, they happen to be the worst role in the game (comp wise).

A little off topic, but below are my favorite companions for the classes character wise, nothing to do with performance

In order of how I like them

Warrior- Vette, Jaessa, Fluffy,

Inquisitor- All three tied, Khem, Xalek, and Andronikos, and then the healer guy

Agent- Lokin

BH- Skadge and Gault are tied, closely followed by Blizz

Knight- Kira, Scourge

Consular- Qyzen, Naddia, Zennith

Smuggler- Risha, Bowie

Trooper- All of them tied.

Shadow tank, main: Nadia (wears my dps gear)

Sage healer: Nadia

Sentinel: Scourge / Doc

Slinger: Guss

Vanguard tank: Elara (in dps stance, wears my dps gear)

Shadow tank 2: Qyzen (haven't finished class story, but she'll be using Nadia too once I get her)

Sorc healer: Ashara

Juggy tank: Jaessa

Powertech tank: Mako

Agent: Kaliyo

What bothers me most is the fact my two dps-only chars (sent and slinger) cannot effectively use their female comps (Kira and Risha). :(

My main, shadow tank, has HK but he doesn't suit the playstyle. He's more a single target ranged spiker and a shadow tank benefits more from a PBAoE like Nadia. Sentinel has Treek but she's way too annoying and never shuts up. Maxing her kills achievement was the most painful of all companions.