Speculations on the fate of your companions (KotEE)

Abvora

The whole “reunite with your companions” makes me think they scatter after you get carbonized. Given that it takes you “years” to wake up, it’s not unlikely that they eventually stopped trying to find/rescue you and moved on with their lives. So what do you think they’ve made of themselves in the meantime?

Everything’s under spoilers for space:

Knight:

T7: Dies to give us a gut-punch. He continues to act as a spy for the Republic, mostly looking for you, and it’s because of him that the Knight is eventually found and freed. Unfortunately, the Eternal Empire discovers this and destroys him.

Kira: Survives, and becomes a Jedi Knight. Driven by her anger and hate, she leads Jedi strike teams against the Eternal Empire, and is getting dangerously close to falling. Light-side Knights can try to pull her back, Dark-side ones can push her off the edge.

Doc: Goes back to being a doctor for refugees, with the added job of being a freedom fighter on the side. He travels from planet to planet, aiding those in need and taking it from the Eternal Empire.

Rusk: Dies holding the line against Eternal Empire forces.

Scourge: With Vitiate out of the picture, he returns to the Sith. They either execute him as a traitor or let him live, recognizing that his skill and knowledge is too valuable to sacrifice. If he lives he’s one of the major thorns in the Eternal Empire’s side.

Consular:

Qyzen: Goes out in a blaze of glory against the Eternal Empire.

Tharan: Captured by the Eternal Empire and forced to use his expertise to spit out powerful technology for them. Holiday either dies or ends up being misused for Eternal Empire purposes. May or may not survive a rescue attempt.

Zenith: I’m pretty sure he’s going to die, since he and Theron share a VA and Bioware would want Baker to focus on Theron. My guess is he falls defending Balmorra.

Iresso: Captured by the Eternal Empire for the databank in his head. If romanced, the Consular is able to successfully rescue him; if not, the Eternal Empire gets what knowledge they need and kill him.

Nadia: Being a senator, she has to prioritize her people over the Order, and may still be a Padawan. Is one of the few companions to believe the PC to still be alive, and devotes much time and resources to finding them—in fact, her efforts play a part in your own escape from carbonite.

Smuggler:

Corso: Dies Is finally forced to grow up and realize the galaxy isn’t a bed of roses; he becomes a bitter, angry guerilla warrior fueled by hate, striking deeper and deeper into Eternal Empire territory.

Bowdaar: He has a life-debt to you, so he either dies defending you or dies while searching for you.

Risha: Takes over the criminal underworld in your absence and returns to Dubrillion. She becomes leader there and is forced to pledge loyalty to the Eternal Empire, but secretly uses her resources to work against them.

Akaavi: Returns to the Mandalorians, and attacks the Eternal Empire daily.

Guss: Dead. He's not a LI and he doesn't strike me as tough enough or smart enough to survive the initial invasion.

Trooper:

Aric: If he’s your XO, he takes over Havoc in your absence, and his leadership style results in more damage done to the Eternal Empire, but also more lives lost. If not, he continues to serve in Havoc as the one last hope of the Republic.

Elara: If she’s your XO, she takes over Havoc in your absence, and her leadership style results in more Republic lives being saved, but more Eternal Empire forces surviving. If not, she continues to serve in Havoc as the one last hope of the Republic.

M7: Dies in service to the Republic.

Tanno Vik: Dead for sure, his VA’s dead. Probably gets killed off-screen.

Yuun: Dies in service to the Republic.

Warrior:

Vette: I see one of two things happening: either she escapes and goes back to fighting for her people and the other slaves, or she gets re-captured and has bad things happen to her. The former is more awesome, the latter would be to instill anger in those who romanced her/care about her.

Quinn: …okay, this is difficult. He’s a staunch Imperial and very competent, so he survives and is one of the few leaders of the remnants of the Empire. However, a lot of people want him dead, so the Warrior will probably get the option to kill him at the cost of crippling their forces.

Jaesa: If Light, she becomes the leader of the other Light-side Sith, who become a unified crack squad and one of the best weapons left in the Imperial arsenal. If Dark, she becomes a one-woman army on a revenge spree against those who took her master/lover from her. Another possibility is the Eternal Empire capturing her and keeping her prisoner for her unique abilities.

Pierce: A loyal Imperial soldier to the last, he dies during the Eternal Empire’s invasion.

Broonmark: Undyingly loyal to the Warrior, so he probably dies defending you.

Inquisitor:

Khem Val: His “bond” to you effectively means he has to protect you with his life, and he falls while trying to rescue/defend you.

Andronikos: Returns to life as a pirate, but one who only strikes against Eternal Empire ships and forces.

Ashara: Is one of the few (pseudo) Sith to survive, and her rationality gets her a position of leadership. If you romanced her, losing you is what finally pushes her over to the Dark Side, and she becomes colder and more ruthless; if you’re Light, you can try to return her to who she once was; if you’re Dark, you can encourage this change.

Talos: I'm fifty-fifty. He doesn't strike me as someone who'd survive the invasion, but he is fairly smart and might escape with his life. If he lives, he's out searching for artifacts to strike back at the Eternal Empire.

Xalek: Dead. He's not interesting enough to keep alive, and probably dies trying to defend/rescue you.

Agent

Kaliyo: Went back to her old habit of joining, leeching off, and then betraying people. When the Eternal Empire invades, she starts raiding them out of defiance and spite.

Vector: Returned to trying to negotiate peace between the Imperials and Killiks. When the Eternal Empire invades, he retreats to a hive and convinces the Killiks to help war refugees.

Lokin: Retreated to one of his dozens of safehouses. With all his security measures, he evades the attention of the Eternal Empire, and uses his skills as a Fixer to secretly aid the remnants of the Empire against them.

Raina: Becomes a vigilante striking at the Eternal Empire.

SCORPIO: Captured by the Eternal Empire. Her design is used to create thousands of war droids; she herself is reprogrammed to serve them, and has to be put down.

Hunter:

The Hunter is kind of special, in that their crew is the only one I can envision sticking together without the PC around. They’re also the only ones who I think would consistently search for the PC, since they don’t have any duty-bound obligations and have loads of time to do whatever they want.

Mako: Becomes leader of your crew in your absence. Divides her time between searching for you and messing with Eternal Empire databanks. Her efforts are what eventually lead to your rescue.

Gault: Fifty-fifty chance of dying (since some people are pissed at him for Tattoine). If he lives, he regularly pulls scams on the Eternal Empire, and has people in the underworld out looking for you.

Torian: Bounces back and forth between the Mandalorians and the Hunter’s crew. He fights the Eternal Empire no matter which group he’s with, but has more time to help look for you with yours.

Blizz: Normally I’d say dead, but he’s a fan favorite, so he lives. Uses his genius to start creating tech, which he sells to the remnants of the Empire to help fight the Eternal Empire. He keeps the best tech for the crew, of course.

Skadge: Dead for sure. Literally everyone hates him. Hopefully he got ejected from the cargo hold into a sun.

Most of this is based on companion popularity (less-liked ones getting killed off, popular ones surviving), romance (all LIs survive the timeskip to avoid rage), and storyline possibility (those with potentially interesting storylines have a better chance of surviving than those who are there to give you your tank/DPS/healer). We're getting new companions, which is why I have a couple of healers listed as dead or potentially dead--losing them isn't the world-ender it once would have been if we just get another.

Edited by Abvora

I doubt even one companion is going to have a scripted, forced on the player death.

Even Vikk since he apparently has been voiced by Fred Tatasciore for ambiant dialogue ever since his original VA's death.

I mean, we are not in a new game, they will not force us to lose companions if we don't want to (Think crafting bonus, affection, gear, etc...).

You'll certainly have the possibility to kill/refuse to take back former squad members but I'd bet half of my credit stack that litteraly zero companion will have died during the timeskip. They'll all be liable to die after that, sure, but before? No chance.

They mention that our choices will have huge consequences, and companions are part of those.

I'm sorry but despite my sincere lack of interest for Rusk and T7 on my main (Knight), if I come out of cryosleep and I get told "They died, if you are unhappy then **** you and unsub, moron!", then you can be sure I'll count that as a huge fail for BW (Not that they will do it, I trust them enough for that.)

Apart from that "disgreement", if this was a linear story, for a solo RPG, some of your suggestions could work.

Edited by Leklor

Kira is already a Jedi Knight. Earned it after defeating Angral/resisting the Emperor.

I might like to see her get that padawan she's been wanting if it's possible.

Edited by Senrie

Just for the record;

Kira is made a full Knight during the JK story anyway (or at least was based on my choices; YMMV).

Oops, forgot about that :p It's been ages since I played Act I.

What if Khem isn't Khem?

I don't think they'll force any deaths on you, but I'd love to change up my crew! Especially Skadge off the ship!

Though being able to change up my crew will only make picking a main class even harder! O.O

So long as Zash is in Khem's body, she's bound to your service. She dies, too.

SPOILER CHAIN! :p

If you complete the companion questline, you foist Zash off into a Rakata Mind Trap. She's not in there anymore.

That's if you side with Khem. OP was asking what would happen if you sided with Zash, trapping Khem in the Mind Trap instead.

That's if you side with Khem. OP was asking what would happen if you sided with Zash, trapping Khem in the Mind Trap instead.

I'm... now, I didn't try because of course my inquisitor desired to earn Khem Val's respect (and screw Zash over at every opportunity), but I think the outcome is more or less ordained regardless of what you do. I'd be lying if I said I was going to level another Inquisitor to check, however. >.>

T7 is probably back working with his smuggler buddy again. Can't remember his name but the one from the opening cinematic over Korriban. During that event as the smuggler is running to the cockpit he yells "T7 prep the ion cannons at his droid". I'm guessing it's our friendly companion. Makes sense that we would meet them both.

T7 is probably back working with his smuggler buddy again. Can't remember his name but the one from the opening cinematic over Korriban. During that event as the smuggler is running to the cockpit he yells "T7 prep the ion cannons at his droid". I'm guessing it's our friendly companion. Makes sense that we would meet them both.

Companion story dialogue is actually how we learn the name of that smuggler - Nico Okarr. T7 talks about him at one point.

I'm... now, I didn't try because of course my inquisitor desired to earn Khem Val's respect (and screw Zash over at every opportunity), but I think the outcome is more or less ordained regardless of what you do. I'd be lying if I said I was going to level another Inquisitor to check, however. >.>

You either help Khem win, help Zash win, or help neither in which case Khem wins.

Interesting. The Wookieepedia entry offered none of that information. It just assumed Zash was gone forevah.

Wookiepedia's decision to chose one path as assumed canon is most obnoxious. But it talks about it in the "behind the scenes" section on Khem's page.

Wookiepedia's decision to chose one path as assumed canon is most obnoxious. But it talks about it in the "behind the scenes" section on Khem's page.

That's actually because of Lucasarts: they (really, just Lucas) ruled on video games that given player choice, the protagonist is always male and chooses all light side options (except, for some weird reason, the Jedi Exile from KOTOR 2 is canonically female as Meetra Surik). Conversely, for Sith it is canon that they always choose the dark side option. I don't think there's any commentary on whether a player-controlled sith has canon gender, though.

Since Disney hasn't ruled on video games since the takeover, there's no reason to assume that these restrictions aren't still in effect for Legends-level continuity, of which TOR is a part. I presume with Battlefront and KOTFE going live just before Ep. VII hits theatres, they may make a statement.

In the case of the Khem Val/Zash choice, I think the reason wookieepedia treats siding with Khem/doing nothing as "canon" is because betraying your master is the Sith way. I could be wrong.

The whole “reunite with your companions” makes me think they scatter after you get carbonized. Given that it takes you “years” to wake up, it’s not unlikely that they eventually stopped trying to find/rescue you and moved on with their lives. So what do you think they’ve made of themselves in the meantime?

Wait, we get carbonized? When does this happen? Where did you see this?

I hope it's easier to get back the romanced companions, and that it hasn't been too long since they were frozen. It would be so heartbreaking to wake up 10 years in the future and see that you've lost a huge chunk of time with your LI. 5 years would be preferable, really.

I'll tell you exactly what happens:

Khem Val becomes a prostitute on Hutta who services Hutts

Andronikos becomes a shimmersilk salesman on Nar Shadaa.

Ashara, my fiancée, becomes depressed, moves into a space trailer park on tatooine and works at the cantina, having 24 children with her new husband, Frank (just some ******e).

Talos Drelik has a sex change and becomes Tala and marries Khem Val. Khem Val later murders her and eats her because she wont shut up about space stamps (Tala's new favorite hobby).

The weird bone face guy writes an award winning book about the horrors of the new conflict between the Republic and the Empire. He calls it, "whispers on the edge of tomorrow." He plans a sequel, but soon afterwards dies of diarrhea after eating 12 rotten burritos.

NAILED it! :jawa_tongue:

That's actually because of Lucasarts: they (really, just Lucas) ruled on video games that given player choice, the protagonist is always male and chooses all light side options (except, for some weird reason, the Jedi Exile from KOTOR 2 is canonically female as Meetra Surik). Conversely, for Sith it is canon that they always choose the dark side option. I don't think there's any commentary on whether a player-controlled sith has canon gender, though.

I've seen this said before but I've never been able to track down a source. You'd think if it existed wookiepedia would use it as justification instead.

The relevant information on that page is merely an explanation of their own policy, not a citation of an official one.

In side-choosing games such as the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic series and Dark Forces saga where the player has the choice between light side and dark side, as of yet, the light side ending has been verified as canonical by Lucasfilm in all games.

This isn't them saying that's an official policy by Lucas to default automatically there. This is simply them observing that in all games, as of yet, the light side ending was later chosen as canon. They then go on to explain that it's not clear if that means light side options were chosen throughout the story, but that they're going to assume for their articles they were.

Edited by Senrie