I believe...

Lord_Ravenhurst

I believe there is a TON of new exciting content on the way. I believe what James Ohlen said.

Once I was pessimistic, but not anymore.. I think that they´ll soon make a huge announcement about things and ways how to play the game we didn´t even think of yet..

It´s BIOWARE

It´s STAR WARS

I think Makeb is just a teaser to keep us a little excited, something the marketing department picked to announce...

The team working on TOR is said to be one of the biggest in the industry, and you think all they have in store for us is Makeb, an OP, a WZ a FP and a new companion? Haha ! You will fall of your chairs and I will say " I told you so"...

Disclaimer: It´s all speculation, but I´m prepared for a pleasant surprise...soon

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

''For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting.''

- James Ohlen

Just leaving this here.

Edited by SithVeritas

''For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting.''

- James Ohlen

Just leaving this here.

Nothing wrong with this quote, we are now in Q4 of 2012 and there is enough time left for surprises.

Of course, the layoffs and F2P transition slowed down the update plan a bit, but so far I think they are on track again, reorganized, alive and kicking

With 2012 almost over I wouldnt suspect many people felt like they were getting their money's worth hence the move to free to play.

I hope to be surprised so far we have got one new zone the black hole which was mostly text based quests, 2 flash points Kaon and lost island (the later few people seem to play), 2 new ops (the later just out) and 1 new warzone and group finder and 2 events that lasted a week. I am probably forgetting something but for 11 months that doesn't seem vast amounts.

So hopefully the team have noticed how little they have had to offer players and are going to surprise us all. If they aren't all working on free to play fluff.

Edited by Costello

- James Ohlen

Just leaving this here.

So they fell behind schedule a bit. A lot of people didn't wanna wait around and see what the future would bring, which of course forced Bioware to change their plans somewhat. I really don't see what is so sensational with this quote. It's the latest forum fad to spread this around, but seriously... And, hell - 2012 is far from over yet.

So they fell behind schedule a bit. A lot of people didn't wanna wait around and see what the future would bring, which of course forced Bioware to change their plans somewhat. I really don't see what is so sensational with this quote. It's the latest forum fad to spread this around, but seriously... And, hell - 2012 is far from over yet.

^^ this 100%

Exactly, anyone else sick of the entitled people who started screaming that there aren't new class stories and planets to explore in the SAME YEAR the game launched? HOW many threads have we seen demanding full expansions starting only 3 months after launch? *** people, seriously ***

I'm still waiting for my HK droid, i think their best bet would be to finish a huge load of content, then lock down the studio for 2 weeks of testing, get everyone there to test all the new content. So have the PVP team fighting through Makeb while the flashpoints and operations team goes to grab HK-51, then have the community team test out Ancient Hypergates while some of the other developers test out upcoming quality of life improvements (hood toggle, new legacy perks)

Honestly i think some of the content must have been being built since 1.2 since there was no new actual content in 1.3.

I am giving Bioware the benefit of the doubt. They say they want to release content per 6 weeks, and it feels like they've stacked up a lot of content. 1.4 was a very small patch in comparison to 1.2, but I don't mind it if they can stay true to their own word for once.

As soon as they will announce free roaming space combat/exploration, subs will go through the roof, and all previous problems will be forgotten.

Imagine going to your ship hangar and taking off manually...

Any star wars fan's wet dream. The space combat in SWG was a bit slow but my, was it not spectacular.

It's a real shame they are going for the themepark model. They should focus on catering to the star wars fans and not the WoW fans. WoW will always be the king of Themeparks, because of its very very large subscription base. Innovation is what will draw people in, not operations. Or so I believe, no doubt there are loads of people who enjoy PvE in this game and each to their own.

The problem with the Themepark model is that it doesn't expand the endgame. With every new operation, a new currency will come out, and with it you'll be able to buy gear to enter the new operation. Old tiers become trivialized. It's such a bad model. It really shoots itself in the foot. Ultimately, there will only be one important operation at any given time. That's why the themepark model doesn't expand the game.

I did a lot of PvE in WoW, and nothing beats the magic that was TBC. I joined TBC relatively late so when I was looking for a guild, I wasn't looking for a guild that was raiding tier 6, I was looking for a guild that raided tier 4 so that I could progress with them together to tier 6. That magic is gone from the MMORPG world, the magic of always progressing towards something. It's replaced by tedious grind through dungeons and flashpoints that pose no threat to your gear level.

But I can understand all this. It makes the game more accessible. But where is the fun? :/ end game should have scaled horizontally. Would have solved so many problems. But, oh well.

Wall of Text over.

Edited by Majspuffen

- James Ohlen

Just leaving this here.

"Mommy, I want to be an Astronaut when I grow up!"

-Me @ age 6

Plans change

As soon as they will announce free roaming space combat/exploration, subs will go through the roof, and all previous problems will be forgotten.

Imagine going to your ship hangar and taking off manually...

so you want this?

sure, you can have it, but i can see the qq already, as happened with the big speeders

I always expected that a class story expansion would come a couple of years after launch. Maybe longer. All I really want from them, given the number of class story writers who've been laid off or left, is a statement that those stories are still in the works and haven't been shelved in favor of world stories that are the same for all characters as is rumored. I'm more than willing to wait in order to get stories of the same quality as the first 3 chapters, but I need to know that they're in the pipeline and being worked on actively. Edited by errant_knight

Nothing wrong with this quote, we are now in Q4 of 2012 and there is enough time left for surprises.

Of course, the layoffs and F2P transition slowed down the update plan a bit, but so far I think they are on track again, reorganized, alive and kicking

What about month after month part then? :)

Exactly, anyone else sick of the entitled people who started screaming that there aren't new class stories and planets to explore in the SAME YEAR the game launched? HOW many threads have we seen demanding full expansions starting only 3 months after launch? *** people, seriously ***

^ THIS.

I hate that crap sooooooo much. That is the stuff that cost subs.

I am giving Bioware the benefit of the doubt. They say they want to release content per 6 weeks, and it feels like they've stacked up a lot of content. 1.4 was a very small patch in comparison to 1.2, but I don't mind it if they can stay true to their own word for once.

If the "content" they release is of the "quality" of Patch 1.4, then I would rather them not release anything at all. :rolleyes:

FIX. THE. GAME. FIRST. :mad:

so you want this?

sure, you can have it, but i can see the qq already, as happened with the big speeders

yeah, looks like that was before the collision model was fixed and ships crashed when hitting the surface. Still looks fun though :D

But I´d rather like to have this

and this

-Me @ age 6

Plans change

I see you failed to understand what he was trying to say. I could be wrong, but I think he's saying don't get your hopes up. Don't expect too much. Which, ironically, is what a lot of the fanbois are accusing the sceptics of doing. "You're expecting too much, you're too entitled", etc.

I believe there is a TON of new exciting content on the way. I believe what James Ohlen said.

Once I was pessimistic, but not anymore.. I think that they´ll soon make a huge announcement about things and ways how to play the game we didn´t even think of yet..

What has he said? :confused:

I see you failed to understand what he was trying to say. I could be wrong, but I think he's saying don't get your hopes up. Don't expect too much. Which, ironically, is what a lot of the fanbois are accusing the sceptics of doing. "You're expecting too much, you're too entitled", etc.

I wouldnt call myself a fanboi, but I have become increasingly frustrated with the crowd of entitled gamers that think they deserve everything they demand.

petulant children, every one of them.

Some RvR within the year after launch? Or is that too entitled? :rolleyes:

It´s BIOWARE

It´s STAR WARS

I think Makeb is just a teaser to keep us a little excited, something the marketing department picked to announce...

The team working on TOR is said to be one of the biggest in the industry, and you think all they have in store for us is Makeb, an OP, a WZ a FP and a new companion? Haha ! You will fall of your chairs and I will say " I told you so"...

Disclaimer: It´s all speculation, but I´m prepared for a pleasant surprise...soon

May the SCHWARZ be with you!!!

-Me @ age 6

Plans change

BuddyRufus is the thread winner by 2 laps. :D

"Plans change": a real life principle that demonstrates maturity of understanding, and mature coping skills, IMO. :)

Edited by Andryah