Congratulations on Breaking Concealment

clubdeeko

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they didn't need to remove the knock-down they just had to change it so recovery wasn't so long after the stun, you can just ignore operatives now they ll die very quickly without the control its kinda laughable actually another win for the brain dead designers of this train wreck of a game lately.

they didn't need to remove the knock-down they just had to change it so recovery wasn't so long after the stun, you can just ignore operatives now they ll die very quickly without the control its kinda laughable actually another win for the brain dead designers of this train wreck of a game lately.

If people ignore you, that's no different than if they had been CC'd. You're still attacking them, they're still not attacking you.

If people ignore you, that's no different than if they had been CC'd. You're still attacking them, they're still not attacking you.

This about the same logic as saying orbital was buffed since now that it does 57% less damage people happily stand in it :p

This makes no sense. Until they turn around and sneeze on the operative and it dies. What are you saying here? Anyone who says concealment operatives are fine needs to be checked into a mental clinic. Your best argument is that people ignore you? lol

This about the same logic as saying orbital was buffed since now that it does 57% less damage people happily stand in it :p

Agree. :rak_01:

The problem with the pointless root on hidden strike is that a sorc/sage will now force speed away, bounty hunters/commandos use hydraulic override/hold the line. Marauders and sentinels will use force camouflage, so you can see my point that hidden strike is a poor ability and can be countered after it hits. The fact that it isn't auto crit is another joke.

The devs fixed the dps problem, it was executed perfectly and operatives became a ton load of fun to play again. Then they completely screw it up with this joke nerf, the signature move of concealment is now moot.

Thanks a bunch.

Edited by clubdeeko

The problem with the pointless root on hidden strike is that a sorc/sage will now force speed away, bounty hunters/commandos use hydraulic override/hold the line. Marauders and sentinels will use force camouflage, so you can see my point that hidden strike is a poor ability and can be countered after it hits. The fact that it isn't auto crit is another joke.

The devs fixed the dps problem, it was executed perfectly and operatives became a ton load of fun to play again. Then they completely screw it up with this joke nerf, the signature move of concealment is now moot.

Thanks a bunch.

It was definitely not fixed perfectly, the first day 2.6 hit there was tons and tons of baddie operatives hitting 1.5, 1.6m damage in warzones, and people running 4 man groups. Yeah that's gonna happen on patch day, but still definitely not perfect, they should have made the knockdown effect last less time, not given them as much burst as they had, and given them greater defensive cd's..same thing with sorcs now, BW only knows how to buff damage apparently.

ONCE AGAIN I just want to call attention to the fact that everyone thought Operative damage was fine. The forums called for a better defensive cooldown or an increase to armor or defense or survivability in general.

The response of "these people" was to increase damage...then to remove the core ability of the tree.

Its like if I ordered a hamburger at a chinese resturant and instaid they fixed my car.

ONCE AGAIN I just want to call attention to the fact that everyone thought Operative damage was fine. The forums called for a better defensive cooldown or an increase to armor or defense or survivability in general.

The response of "these people" was to increase damage...then to remove the core ability of the tree.

Its like if I ordered a hamburger at a chinese resturant and instaid they fixed my car.

Except they then slashed your tires.

Edited by CaptainApop

That is how bioware fixes things

Survivability is worse now because they back loaded your defenses.

Hidden strikes knockdown was front loaded defense where you could get off a couple strikes while your target could not damage you back. The reduction in shield probe is back loaded defense. You don't get to take advantage of it until the second time its used and by that time, your likely already dead.

It's this lack of foresight that really drives me insane. I don't get how anyone can be put in charge of balancing if they can't predict the outcome of the changes they make.

Edited by JackNader

Agreed. My operative, which had been my 3rd most used character behind my PT and Jugg has now been relegated to meh. Concealment is really the only dps spec to play, lethality isn't rogue-like enough for me and I hate healing. The only reason I played an op was for concealment. It's ruined right now. So I've moved to my Merc as my 3rd most played. Tells you something about Concealment when someone would rather play an Arsenal Merc.

The problem with the pointless root on hidden strike is that a sorc/sage will now force speed away, bounty hunters/commandos use hydraulic override/hold the line.

And we all know that ranked is just filled from top to bottom with healing sages and commandos, lol. I'm sure this change will be very disruptive to those 1/30 ranked matches where a team actually runs a healing sage or commando over an extra scoundrel.

Just think of the chaos in arenas. If we count 10 seconds of bubble in our calculations, the average arena life span of a healing sage will go from 14 seconds to around 17 seconds.

I lul'd. it does seem like BW's M. O. at this point.

Well been testing now Concealment, Lethality and medicine. Medicine is the only decent spec, well healing is just sutpid with current damage. When 2 good players jump on you you wont live more than 3 sec.

About the others, what is the point if you go in 4vs4 fight and you are 5% hp after 1 sec? Literally AFTER 1 sec. okay then you pop your combat stealth and feel like "okay I heal and go back". While others are fighting all that time when im healing ( about 10-15 sec) they are all 50-70% health. Then its my time to go back in thinking okay i go take some easy meat. Pop out from stealth and start hitting and boom 2 sec and you died first in the whole arena... Nice to play operative really.

Nothing to complaing on operatives damage on pvp its fine on both specs but whats the point if you can fight 2 second in every 4vs4 fights? Same geared juggernait could kill you 3 times before you would kill him... Nice balance really.

What is the point of playing operative compared to assassin since assassin does everything better. survives 800% longer does at least same amount of damage...

And dont tell me im only noob in a noobish gear since my gear is full obroand with 5 brutalizer parts (MH, OH, Relics, boots)

And we all know that ranked is just filled from top to bottom with healing sages and commandos, lol. I'm sure this change will be very disruptive to those 1/30 ranked matches where a team actually runs a healing sage or commando over an extra scoundrel.

Any sage not picking up fadeout in 2.7 is not thinking clearly (it got moved to T2)