Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Galactic Alliance vs Phantom Hegemony

Beniboybling

I know. But I am unsure if such a small force, that isn't even specialized jamming ships, can stop all communications from a hub such as Bothuwui. And with that shield, it is unlikely the PH can even get in.
Munificents are specialized jamming ships, they're technology is state of the art.

Not only would they proceed covertly, but shields work both ways, if no one can get in, no one can get out.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Behold!

Alright then.

Of course this can play right into the GA's hands. As it stands then the PH has to deploy their troops two at a time per MTT at a predetermined rate. Whilst the GA troops can already be on foot.

The biggest issue will be the terrain, which will inmost cases here force them into single file. Take out the front one and the ones behind it will have to clear the way.

After thought: The Bothans and Bel Iblis have in the past had a mutually beneficial relationship. Why would they trade a partner that has helped them with one who has not?

After after thought: Even then traveling to Bothawui from Bastion is practically traveling across the galaxy, the time it would take to do that...

After after after thought: I find it more likely that the Spynet would have time to sabotage or mess with Baktoid before anything could be done against them due to proximity. As well any supplies coming from Geonosis will have to pass by both Bothawui and Aridus.

Edited by karadron

Munificents are specialized jamming ships, they're technology is state of the art.

Not only would they proceed covertly, but shields work both ways, if no one can get in, no one can get out.

Why would they need to get out? They deal in information, not spice. :p

And Munificients aren't dedicated jamming vessels. They are warships, with good jamming equipment. Regardless, still not enough to jam an entire planet.

Side Note: I also doubt the I.I. could get a lock on the location of the GA fleet. See movies for examples of the GE having no clue at all where the rebels are for examples. That is I.I. vs Bothan Spynetwork right there! :D

Edited by Silenceo

Wolf, if you could enlighten us on the equipment and capabilities of the Rebel SpecForce, that would be appreciated.

I do believe he mentioned a "Droid Deactivation Signal" that was recorded at the end of the Clone wars.

/sarcasm

That would be much too easy. Though, if a force of CIS droids went against any faction with Nute Gunray, he likely could do something stupidly OP like that. :eek:

I do believe he mentioned a "Droid Deactivation Signal" that was recorded at the end of the Clone wars.

/sarcasm

That would be much too easy. Though, if a force of CIS droids went against any faction with Nute Gunray, he likely could do something stupidly OP like that. :eek:

I'm trying to figure out what this has to do with my request. :p

Why would they need to get out? They deal in information, not spice. :p

And Munificients aren't dedicated jamming vessels. They are warships, with good jamming equipment. Regardless, still not enough to jam an entire planet.

Side Note: I also doubt the I.I. could get a lock on the location of the GA fleet. See movies for examples of the GE having no clue at all where the rebels are for examples. That is I.I. vs Bothan Spynetwork right there! :D

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone on Bothawui is a spy. :p

There are two of them, and one Lucrehulk could jam an entire planet. I see no reason why not.

Yes yes let me just take a we look at the movies (watches the Empire predict the Rebels every move, including the opening scene featuring Vader tracking down Leia and capturing her), I.I vs the Spynet right there...

There are two of them, and one Lucrehulk could jam an entire planet. I see no reason why not.

Yes yes let me just take a we look at the movies (watches the Empire predict the Rebels every move, including the opening scene featuring Vader tracking down Leia and capturing her), I.I vs the Spynet right there...

Congratz, you found a princess who was on a "peace mission". :p

I was referring more to Empire Strikes Back where the Empire is scouring the galaxy and can't find them, relying on brute force method of Probe Droids.

Add to that that not everyone in the Spynet is a Bothan. :eek:

Congratz, you found a princess who was on a "peace mission". :p

I was referring more to Empire Strikes Back where the Empire is scouring the galaxy and can't find them, relying on brute force method of Probe Droids.

Carrying the plans to the frikken plans to the Death Star... on the other hand remember how they knew about the fleet amassing at Sullust? How they put a tracking chip on the Falcon that led them to the Rebel Base? Where were the Bothans then? The Bothans just trade in information, nothing more, they're not equipped for this.

Which succeeds, and is not exactly the same situation.

I mean really, there are only a few places they could actually be.

EDIT: Do you know who really was behind Alliance covert operations? Alliance Intelligence. Not the Bothans.

Side Note: I kinda doubt that hyperspace attack with the drop pods would actually work... Might kill some of the marines, sure. But all of them? Each drop mod only carries what, 18 b2's?
How many people are going to be protecting these vessels? I'm fairly sure everyone is SpaceOps is gone.

However I was more thinking a squad of Storm Commandos. Capture one, ram it into another etc.

Edited by Beniboybling

Alright then.

Of course this can play right into the GA's hands. As it stands then the PH has to deploy their troops two at a time per MTT at a predetermined rate. Whilst the GA troops can already be on foot.

The biggest issue will be the terrain, which will inmost cases here force them into single file. Take out the front one and the ones behind it will have to clear the way.

Just like to point out an upgraded version of the MTT could deploy troops battle ready, just not in formation.

Single-file? I've played Ord Mantell, you can fit a whole row of troops quite easily on the major roads. If I recall on one such road an entire firefight complete with a Manka-class transport was taking place, plenty of space.

Bearing in mind that mechanics scales everything down for the sake of the game.

After after after thought: I find it more likely that the Spynet would have time to sabotage or mess with Baktoid before anything could be done against them due to proximity. As well any supplies coming from Geonosis will have to pass by both Bothawui and Aridus.
The Hegemony has many defenses against such an assault, one does not simply infiltrate a Geonosian hive.
After thought: The Bothans and Bel Iblis have in the past had a mutually beneficial relationship. Why would they trade a partner that has helped them with one who has not?
Its not a case of trading partners, its a case of playing both sides, something the Bothan's frequently did.

Remember this is a secret, not open, alliance. And doesn't necessarily involve the Bothan's abandoning the Alliance. I'll expand in depth on the what the Hegemony can gain from this relationship in due time.

Edited by Beniboybling

Erm, I actually think they are...

No not everyone working for the Spynet is a Bothan.

Bothans aren't the only species working for the Spynet, though they certainly control it. They employ native species on worlds where Bothans might attract too much interest. As the Empire becomes more and more unfriendly to non-Human species, the Bothans have hired additional Human agents to complement their operations.

- Taken from Rebellion Era Sourcebook

EDIT: Do you know who really was behind Alliance covert operations? Alliance Intelligence. Not the Bothans.How many people are going to be protecting these vessels? I'm fairly sure everyone is SpaceOps is gone.

However I was more thinking a squad of Storm Commandos. Capture one, ram it into another etc.

Basic Rebel Marines, as has been given in every Kaggath. SpaceOps were just a better tier.

Just like to point out an upgraded version of the MTT could deploy troops battle ready, just not in formation.

Single-file? I've played Ord Mantell, you can fit a whole row of troops quite easily on the major roads. If I recall on one such road an entire firefight complete with a Manka-class transport was taking place, plenty of space.

Bearing in mind that mechanics scales everything down for the sake of the game..

Of course we can say it is scaled down for the sake of mechanics--I for the most part assumed so. But even then we can postulate that much of the terrain is made up of narrow valleys, that will make large vehicle travel difficult, forcing larger vehicles into single file.There are areas that are wider in which larger scale conflict can be had, but troop deployment will still be based on a certain rhythmic cadence.

As well by taking a defensive stance at the beginning of the battle will limit the possibilities that the PH can utilize. In fact, I would say that doing so nullifies any advantage they might have. Compound that with Bel Iblis's tactical genius and the intelligence mastermind of Tholme and the field will turn in favor of the GA.

Not really, all the cities are entirely walled though, so whilst you can move them, it'd be hard to invade with it.

OK, so after some considerations, I think the standard transport of the Hegemony will be the PAC, with the MTT being apart of the opening garrison from Baktoid.

My reasoning for this is that the PAC has similar deployment racks and had a similar capacity as the MTT. I see no reason why the PAC wouldn't be able to deploy B2s.

Of course we can say it is scaled down for the sake of mechanics--I for the most part assumed so. But even then we can postulate that much of the terrain is made up of narrow valleys, that will make large vehicle travel difficult, forcing larger vehicles into single file.There are areas that are wider in which larger scale conflict can be had, but troop deployment will still be based on a certain rhythmic cadence.

As well by taking a defensive stance at the beginning of the battle will limit the possibilities that the PH can utilize. In fact, I would say that doing so nullifies any advantage they might have. Compound that with Bel Iblis's tactical genius and the intelligence mastermind of Tholme and the field will turn in favor of the GA.

Ah I assumed you were referring to when the droids were deployed.

That makes more sense. However, I don't really see it as too much of a disadvantage.

Considering that the Hegemony has the ability to ferry troops through air i.e. bypassing attacking troops and targeting Fort Garnik directly, I don't see that as likely. However the Hegemony does have MTTs so it won't be necessary.

Not really, all the cities are entirely walled though, so whilst you can move them, it'd be hard to invade with it.
Walled cities can be broken down if the MTTs use their ramming capabilities however. Edited by Beniboybling

OK, so after some considerations, I think the standard transport of the Hegemony will be the PAC, with the MTT being apart of the opening garrison from Baktoid.

My reasoning for this is that the PAC has similar deployment racks and had a similar capacity as the MTT. I see no reason why the PAC wouldn't be able to deploy B2s.

According to Wookieepedia the C-9979 landing craft can carries 11 MTTs for front line deployment, and 28 PACs for behind the line deployment. That's 28% MTTs, the Hegemony would need approx. 49 carriers to field its entire force, so I think it would be fair to say that they would have an intial count of 14 MTTs and 35 PACs.