Lagecy system my questions and 2 cents.

Venefictus

For those that think its to much text recap below. :)

Ok was reading a interview on gamespy a few minutes ago and was again shocked about the way bioware is advertising the legacy system as a "family" of characters, that is the collection of characters you play.

In this interview James Ohlen says :

"From a fictional standpoint, it's inspired by the fact that Star Wars has a lot to do with family -- Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker being one of the more famous father-son relationships in fiction. "

Ok here are my problems :

- How can 2 characters on the same account ever interact ?

As far as i know the only thing that made the relation between darth vader and luke so deep and memorable is the moments where they are BOTH on screen and we find out more about there relation by means of these interaction.

- Im a altaholic and i already have 8 empire characters on 1 server so my republic characters have to be on a other server as you cant have more then 8 on 1 server and you have 16 stories ?

This problems is in fact several problems so look back at the example used darth vader was not know for fighting on the rebel side and luke was never on the empire side so in this game they can only pvp or shout cast but as they cant be on at the same time this cant happen also no chatting and they cant have a conversation via email as you cant send mails to the other faction or send objects (boms or body parts of loved ones via mail ) so how do they talk ?

Also as there is only a limited number of characters in this family any person born to the family has to be placed in a different server where they need to make a new family name as the name is server bound.

And trust me in the Expanded Universe the skywalker/solo family was bigger than 8 characters (not even counting the padawans and other people that are like family to them like chewbacca's family )!

Lots of typing but almost done. :)

Recap. :)

Why only 8 characters when there are 16 stories ?

Why no option for "family" members to send mail or stuff to each other ?

Why a server legacy name and not a account wide legacy name ?

So again please look into this bioware or explain this as it makes no sence to me when you keep using the skywalker and solo family's as you examples for the legacy system ?

Edited by Venefictus
cant type :P

You don't really have 16 stories though. The advanced class does not affect your story, just your playstyle.

ok so being a darksider or a lightsider changes the story for me a lot and as a AC you need to solve the problem differently.

For the rest that reacted get over your self im not a native english speaker and it was 5 in the morning so i made a mistake and said lagecy in place of legacy o gods i must not have anything to say then for we all know only perfect and flawless people have something of value to add.

Gods why do i even try anymore. :(