Give rifles to Powertechs! Weapon diversity choice in general.

Sithishe

I have been asking about it for 6 years. Allow PT to use rifles. And give back unload to Powertechs. Specialy with release of Mandalorian show, everyone can see how awesome BH looks with long spiky rifle.

On that note want to add, that weapon diversity choice would be amazing. 1 class - 1 weapon is stupid and outdated concept.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. I left ESO partially because anyone can do anything. This makes playing all my alts feeling so similar, so exchangeable. Features that represent a class make playing them special. Before the release of ESO I hyped the "everyone can do everything" feature to all I talked about. Now I know: It is meh... For me, ESO has the most boring class system ever.

Only one class can you sniper rifles? Great, I picked one, just because of that one. And it is pure fun for me.

So please don't change this system, ever!

Imo, whats really missing is just additional advance classes with different weapon styles. Like a sniper advance class for trooper, and a bounty hunter rifle spec as mentioned. That way no class stories don't need to change

I 100% agree. It would be awesome to see a new advanced class for all the classes to give incentive to make new toons, new gameplay styles to experiment with, and obviously just having a new weapon to use for the classes. It would be pretty easy to imagine what weapons they'd centre a new advanced class around for each class too: Knights and Warriors get a Double-bladed Saber spec, consulars and inquisitors get a dual-wielding Sabers spec, troopers and bounty hunters get a sniper rifle spec, smugglers get a rifle spec and agents get a pistol/dual pistols spec.

It would be awesome to see something like that in the next couple of years, but if I was gonna choose between more adv. classes or more story content. I'd pick story content. But more advanced classes is definitely something I'd love to see too if Bioware could achieve it alongside more content.

Imo, whats really missing is just additional advance classes with different weapon styles. Like a sniper advance class for trooper, and a bounty hunter rifle spec as mentioned. That way no class stories don't need to change

I would only like this if I didn't have to start a new character to change specs.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your replies. I think that implementing new classes with more weapon shoices without new storylines is possible with new implementing new speccs. And yeah, I would love to see republic snipers, and Mandalorian comandos with assault cannons, as we saw in most recent episode of Mandalorian.

I have been wanted PT to be able to use either, pistol or rifle for as long as this game exist. And now since people who play SWTOR will be hyped for Mandalorian show, we can finaly bring enough attention to this topic.

On that note, I loved to have Unload on PT, this gave so much more coolnes to a class. So I want also Unload back :)

Cosmetic weapon slot would be really cool as well. And even Kalyo can use either pistol or rifle. And since they went with mentality "mercenary is Jango Fett, and Powertech is Boba" then Boba had a rifle. I also remember good old times in SWG, with Bounty Hunter with melee weapons/sniper rifles, etc.