Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

Like the title says, Thanks for Malavai Quinn. I can't wait to get him back. I'm so excited. I do hope the VA is Richard Teverson (same as before), it wouldn't be the same without him.

Thanks for Quinn. <3

Edited by Lunafox

I admit, I squealed in an extremely girlish way when I saw that Quinn's coming back. YAY!!! :D So, so, SO happy about this. My warrior finally, FINALLY gets her beloved husband back!

...I hope. o.o It's been six years now that they've been separated. I hope Quinn hasn't changed drastically...and that he's got the same voice actor. Wouldn't be Quinn without that lovely voice.

Yay!!!!!! Quinn is back! Now I have to decide whether I'm gonna love him or kill him :eek: Maybe he'll beg again, or maybe he'll have been doing something amazing that will make up for everything. He better have.

I bet it would be too much to ask for him to come back playersexual, but a girl can dream.

Also, I'm a little bit nervous about the whole "choose Empire if you want Imperial companions back". What if I want them all???? :( And Lord Scourge is a republic companion but he'd obviously side imperial, so they'll take that into consideration, right? And I'm going Imperial to get Quinn, but what about when Risha comes around? She's my fav woman.

I admit, I squealed in an extremely girlish way when I saw that Quinn's coming back. YAY!!! :D So, so, SO happy about this. My warrior finally, FINALLY gets her beloved husband back!

...I hope. o.o It's been six years now that they've been separated. I hope Quinn hasn't changed drastically...and that he's got the same voice actor. Wouldn't be Quinn without that lovely voice.

Me too. I couldn't believe my eyes honestly. ^^

Yay!!!!!! Quinn is back! Now I have to decide whether I'm gonna love him or kill him :eek: Maybe he'll beg again, or maybe he'll have been doing something amazing that will make up for everything. He better have.

I bet it would be too much to ask for him to come back playersexual, but a girl can dream.

Also, I'm a little bit nervous about the whole "choose Empire if you want Imperial companions back". What if I want them all???? :( And Lord Scourge is a republic companion but he'd obviously side imperial, so they'll take that into consideration, right? And I'm going Imperial to get Quinn, but what about when Risha comes around? She's my fav woman.

This worries me a bit too. I hope they don't gate the companions behind which side you choose. I think you should be able to choose the companions you want. Mostly I'm concerned about Scourge. My Dark Jedi wants to support the Empire...but I fear they'll gate Scourge behind pub comps. I hope they let us choose each on their own merit and our preference for each comp, rather than gating them. Gating them would suck the joy out of it for me.

You qinnmancers are so weird

So your ok with wanting to be in a relationship with some who tryed to kill you?

There is no way you can rationalize that unless you have some bizzare case of Stockholm syndrome, the only reason anyone should be reasonably excited about this is if you are looking forward to rectifying the original class stories mistake of not being able to kill him

In a game with weak female romances quinn is still one of the worsts, picking his job over his feelings for you, i actully felt pity for the female SW when she says "but i thought you loved me".

So im happy too that he's back, so i can finally put that traitor where he belongs, 6 feet under.

Mostly I'm concerned about Scourge. My Dark Jedi wants to support the Empire...but I fear they'll gate Scourge behind pub comps. I hope they let us choose each on their own merit and our preference for each comp, rather than gating them. Gating them would suck the joy out of it for me.

This. ^ I really do hope they're considerate of the Companion's personality... Felix Iresso being miffed if you sided with the Empire would make some sense, perhaps Kira too given her background as a former child of the Emperor but Scourge... he shouldn't blink an eye at what you've chosen, especially not if you're a Jedi Knight.

So your ok with wanting to be in a relationship with some who tryed to kill you?

There is no way you can rationalize that unless you have some bizzare case of Stockholm syndrome, the only reason anyone should be reasonably excited about this is if you are looking forward to rectifying the original class stories mistake of not being able to kill him

In a game with weak female romances quinn is still one of the worsts, picking his job over his feelings for you, i actully felt pity for the female SW when she says "but i thought you loved me".

So im happy too that he's back, so i can finally put that traitor where he belongs, 6 feet under.

Yes, I'm perfectly okay with being in a relationship with Quinn even after he TRIED to kill me. It's not as black and white as some folks make it out to be. Quinn had a loyalty to Baras that pre-dated him ever even meeting the Sith Warrior and on top of that he's a non-Force user stuck between two Sith in a situation where either choice, any choice would likely cost him his life. Where Baras would torture, gut and kill him for defiance and where he risks the wrath of the SW if he follows through on Baras' orders. I've never faulted him for being dealt a sh.itty hand and I survived. It made me stronger, it challenged and honed my skills to defeat those droids and through that ordeal I became more certain than before that now I truly did have Quinn's loyalty and support. No Stockholm syndrome either, just strength. Forgiving is actually far harder than simply killing someone to 'get even' so... yeah, my female Sith Warrior is happy her husband's finally returning.

It's called forgiveness and understanding, look into it. My SW understood that Baras forced his hand. What is he, a mere human going to do against a powerful Sith lord like Baras? It's basically a death sentence Baras put on him, either Baras kills him, or SW does. Sith Warrior saw the value in his intelligence and strategic thinking and knew Baras would want to part SW from her strategy man...by putting Quinn in this position, he would be depriving SW of their strategizer and analyser. A smart SW would see this and keep Quinn, if for no other reason than to spite and defeat Baras. My SW just happened to be married and in love with him, so she understood. I imagine they had a good talk about it, and vowed never to keep such things secret again.

Stockholm Syndrome isn't applicable in this case, because we are not a prisoner who loves our 'captor'.

You think Quinnmancers are weird, what about all the folks wanting Arcann love? It'd be like loving Hitler...he killed millions by trashing all those worlds, but some want to love him. Go figure. By comparison, I think we Quinnmancers are pretty tame lol. Besides, didn't you see the part about haters in the title? :p

Edited by Lunafox

I think you missed the title of this thread. ;)

Anyway - that's what we have all kinds of headcanon for. To make up for some of the shortcomings of the game's cutscenes and dialogue.

On a side note, I notice that a lot of people gloss over/forget about/ignore Kaliyo's betrayal. Arguably, she's even worse - yet you didn't find a whole bunch of people STILL (it's been, in-game, at least EIGHT YEARS since it happened) clamoring for her death over it. Kaliyo, regardless of whether or not she was romanced,

betrays you, tries to kill you, sells out the Empire for YEARS, is utterly unrepentant about it, and only *doesn't* go through with killing you because she realizes that'd cut off her source of information/secrets to sell to the highest bidder.

......so, where are the "You Kaliyomancers are so weird, so you're okay with wanting to be in a relationship with someone who wanted to kill you" people? :p

Edit: ...Luna completely ninja'd me. I bow to the Queen of Really Fast Writing. *bows*

Edited by Jagaimee

Bioware, they keep calling me a "fanboy". Which makes my husband lol every single time, mind you.

But seriously. Giving us Quinn right as I'm getting to know Ryder and a whole new galaxy, too? But yea. That's my way of saying, I'll be playing Bioware games for a whole while longer.

Thank you!

I think you missed the title of this thread. ;)

Anyway - that's what we have all kinds of headcanon for. To make up for some of the shortcomings of the game's cutscenes and dialogue.

On a side note, I notice that a lot of people gloss over/forget about/ignore Kaliyo's betrayal. Arguably, she's even worse - yet you didn't find a whole bunch of people STILL (it's been, in-game, at least EIGHT YEARS since it happened) clamoring for her death over it. Kaliyo, regardless of whether or not she was romanced,

betrays you, tries to kill you, sells out the Empire for YEARS, is utterly unrepentant about it, and only *doesn't* go through with killing you because she realizes that'd cut off her source of information/secrets to sell to the highest bidder.

......so, where are the "You Kaliyomancers are so weird, so you're okay with wanting to be in a relationship with someone who wanted to kill you" people? :p

Edit: ...Luna completely ninja'd me. I bow to the Queen of Really Fast Writing. *bows*

You're right, Kaliyo is much much worse. DarthLunafox says: Death to Kaliyo!!! *Xena warrior scream* :D

*blushes* he hee, what can I say, when I believe in something, the fingers fly. :D

Edited by Lunafox

Like the title says, Thanks for Malavai Quinn. I can't wait to get him back. I'm so excited. I do hope the VA is Richard Teverson (same as before), it wouldn't be the same without him.

Thanks for Quinn. <3

I did a little happy dance as well Luna. Will have to resub nearer April :D Nathrrya has to have her reunion with Quinn even if she has been snogging Lana! :D

There is no way you can rationalize that unless you have some bizzare case of Stockholm syndrome, the only reason anyone should be reasonably excited about this is if you are looking forward to rectifying the original class stories mistake of not being able to kill him.

I've personally always thought that it's far too simple and easy to respond to the Quinn-cident with "I'm Sith, I kill everything, everyone, every time" ... But my Warrior isn't STUPID, mind you. Even if she forgot Quinn was never, ever powerful or strong enough to resist whatever "force" Baras brought to bear on him, to have him comply - she knew Quinn was a valuable as heck resource to augment her own power as she rose to the position of Wrath.

But I know not everyone plays their Warrior as smart enough to look past the most superficial surface of the story, hehe. ;)

I did a little happy dance as well Luna. Will have to resub nearer April :D Nathrrya has to have her reunion with Quinn even if she has been snogging Lana! :D

Thanks ODNZ :D I'm glad to hear that this was enough to tempt you back in a bit. I know the fanfic forum wasn't going to be the same without you. I think Nath will be quite happy to see him again.

As my SW will be as well! ^^

I've personally always thought that it's far too simple and easy to respond to the Quinn-cident with "I'm Sith, I kill everything, everyone, every time" ... But my Warrior isn't STUPID, mind you. Even if she forgot Quinn was never, ever powerful or strong enough to resist whatever "force" Baras brought to bear on him, to have him comply - she knew Quinn was a valuable as heck resource to augment her own power as she rose to the position of Wrath.

But I know not everyone plays their Warrior as smart enough to look past the most superficial surface of the story, hehe. ;)

Exactly!!

You're right, Kaliyo is much much worse. DarthLunafox says: Death to Kaliyo!!! *Zena warrior scream* :D

*blushes* he hee, what can I say, when I believe in something, the fingers fly. :D

Thank goodness for the end of chapter thirteen of KOTFE, heheheheh... DEATH TO KALIYO! *Wilhelm scream*

...wait, no, that's not intimidating whatsoever... :o

My Fem SW is rather tired of running around with Pierce. He was a decent one night stand at worst and a muscle bound oaf at best. He had his moment and it passed. From the live stream, it seems that those who want to off Quinn, may get the chance, but my girl, for one is much relieved to have her hubby coming home. I squeeeed for her!

She knows the sith ways, she has played the game and forgave Quinn for being a pawn with no where to go but where his master moves him. It was really a test of his devotion, one he had to go through to finally realize where his loyalty really lies. It, essentially gave him the freedom to feel things he had never allowed himself to feel before. I don't know if he would have ever fully opened up without this.

Just my 2 credits worth, but, my SW is a very happy lady right now, and I am a very happy player.

Edited by MishaCantu

My Fem SW is rather tired of running around with Pierce. He was a decent one night stand at worst and a muscle bound oaf at best. He had his moment and it passed. From the live stream, it seems that those who want to off Quinn, may get the chance, but my girl, for one is much relieved to have her hubby coming home. I squeeeed for her!

She knows the sith ways, she has played the game and forgave Quinn for being a pawn with no where to go but where his master moves him. It was really a test of his devotion, one he had to go through to finally realize where his loyalty really lies. It, essentially gave him the freedom to feel things he had never allowed himself to feel before. I don't know if he would have ever fully opened up without this.

Just my 2 credits worth, but, my SW is a very happy lady right now, and I am a very happy player.

Well said, Misha. I for one indulged in Pierce only once on a distant alt I don't care that much for...somehow I could never bring myself to do it on the main ones, and will never again on any subsequent SWs. He's not my type, I'm more of a brains over brawn sort...bonus if you get both in one package, but brawn, not essential.

I agree, I think the situation helped Quinn to open up and acknowledge thoughts and feelings he had squirreled away, to the point of repression. His letters to the SW have more than shown that growth in his character. His letter at the start of KotFE broke my heart. I am so very happy he'll be back soon. ^^

Great mind and strategical ability, why did he let himself get in that position???? Why would I want to keep such a weak willed, weak minded person?

Even the most clever people can find themselves in situations they'd prefer not to be in. Quinn is no force user and he's stuck between two very powerful Sith lords...loyalty to either or neither could be a death sentence. No one is above being outplayed...not even Valkorian/The Emperor in this game. It's your prerogative if you want to keep him or not, but to not see the value in his mind doesn't make sense. He proved himself on more than one occasion as a master strategist. He just happened to be a little too close to his own situation...owing loyalty to one and loving the other...and both are vastly more powerful than he.

Edited by Lunafox