Rate the best class stories

AGSThomas

I realize this is a subjective question, but after throughly enjoying the revenge class story of brutality the Darkside Sith Warrior has to offer. I'm curious to which of the other class stories made the top 3 for other people and why? Edited by AGSThomas

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Imperial Agent. It's just absolutely great. Agent's chapter 2 is still the best chapter I've seen in SWTOR and I've seen almost all class stories.

2. Sith warrior. Much more dramatic than the inquisitor one imo, and more exciting. And having imo the hottest male companion in the game doesn't hurt.

3. Inquisitor and smuggler get a tie. Smuggler's 1st chapter is better than inquisitor's, inquisitor's 2nd chapter is better than smugglers, smuggler's belsavis is better and inquisitor's Voss is better, while both have great story at Corellia.

Liked them all overall..but in order

1. Jedi Knight - Though they get ripped off by the end being a farce.

2. Sith Warrior - Cool entire way through, brutal..very close to Jedi Knight..

3. Imperial Agent - I don't really care for spy type media..but loved the story and conspiracy best "in character" story.

4. Sith Inquisitor - Dull at points but NO other Dark-Sider is as hilarious as this one which boosts it up there.

5. Trooper - Cool start..a little dull at points..and ending was lackluster..but still overall better than below.

6. Jedi Consular - Starts off boring as can be, very "jedi-y", get's good in Chptr 2.

7. Smuggler - very funny at parts which puts it above Bounty Hunter, but overall lackluster. Doesn't even feel like a smuggler..more like an independant hit-man/agent at points.

8. Bounty Hunter - Love the class but story bored me almost entire way through. Good story telling, just a rather lackluster story in and of itself.

Edited by Suromir

So far for me it's...

• Imperial Agent
  • Smuggler
  • Sith Warrior
  • Jedi Consular
  • Bounty Hunter

The Trooper story is pretty decent so far. I like it better than the Bounty Hunter at the same point, but I'm not finished yet so... The Sith Inquisitor story is also really good so far. I'm not finished but I'd probably place it above the Consular from as it stands now. The Jedi story is my least favorite. It just has too many goody two-shoe cliches.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

My favorites so far have been:

1. Trooper

2. Jedi Knight

3. Imperial Agent

4. Jedi Consular

5. Smuggler

I'm surprised more people don't like the trooper story, I just loved it. Especially the final mission of acts 2 and 3. Super awesome. No spoilers but...awesome.

I've played Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, and BH to at least 50. I thoroughly enjoyed them all. Ordering them would be too hard so I split them into tiers:

Tier 1: Knight, Warrior, and Agent

Tier 2: Hunter and Inquisitor

With that said, I could see someone placing BH and Inq into the first tier. They're all great. It's just a matter of personal choice.

When I say "all" I of course just mean the 5 classes I've played through. I've played the first chapters of Trooper and Consular as well, but those didnt entice me as much. But like I said, it's a matter of personal choice, so I could easily see someone saying they enjoyed those classes. Just not me (as much) :)

Also if you play BH I would go lightside/neutral. I dont want to spoil you, but I can say that it's much better. From what I've noticed, most people who didnt like BH played DS.

Edited by Tommot

1. Imperial Agent - by far the most enjoyable, so much so I'll be replaying it soon. Talked to a friend who also did an Agent recently and there is a choice at the end of Chapter 1 I think which actually spins Chapter 2 into 2 different arcs.

2. Smuggler - very enjoyable if you play it "correctly".. some options given are just lackluster, but others really shine.

3. Bounty Hunter - the Mandalore story arc is the best part as is Mako's story.

4. Jedi Consular - Very in-depth and "Jedi-ish".

5. Trooper

6. Sith Warrior - Played Marauder but did enjoy the story overall

7/8. Sith Inquisitor/Jedi Warrior - both have pretty nice endings with Chap 3, but the rest of the story to that point just wasn't as engaging.

1.Imperial Agent- light or dark- the story is great and works for either.

2.Sith Warrior- Dark.

3. Jedi Knight- Light. flowed well, very good guy trope, fun story and great ending.

4. Smuggler- dark or light, but light fit better for me, kind of aimless, but fun story.

5. Inquisitor- dark. strange story, but was interesting.

6. Trooper- light or dark. basic story, ok.

7. Bounty Hunter- light or dark, light was actually more fun for me. Kind of a rambling story with no direction, not great end imo.

8. Consular- light. ug. my least favorite story, especially unsatisfying as dark side imo.

I have played every class to completion, both light and dark, and both male and female characters, and I think the most interesting was the imperial agent, followed by the iconic warrior and knight stories when played to their alignment canon.

But all art is subjective, pick the one that seems most interesting, youll get around to the rest eventually

1. Inquisitor.

2. Bounty Hunter.

3. Warrior.

9. Agent.

Not finished any of the republican classes yet, though Knight seems pretty good.

I love the Sorc--- err, Inquisitor story as it really makes it seem like you keep growing increasingly powerful, build a powerbase with followers and you get to kick the *** of a hypocritical douche. The use of music every time you "ascend" is also freaking amazing.

Bounty Hunter story actually surprised me that it was as good as it is. While I found the whole Great Hunt thing pretty stupid it felt great to blast that snotty Tara wuss and a lot of it explains things in planet stories or even other class stories you'll never otherwise hear about. It also has some of the most hilarious dialogue, and that scene on Alderaan where you get to trash that arrogant noble... pure gold.

Didn't find the Warrior story to be much fun but it is standard good Bioware writing and much better than the Agent story. The Agent story I loathe. Chapter 1 is pretty good but it goes downhill from there. "Derp dee derp, look at me, Captain Swaggering Buffoon mind controlling you to have contrived reasons to send you to each planet. Oh look, we're the illuminati and now we're going to take out your entire organization because you pissed off a douchebag working for us."

Well Agent need it's own section.

I don't like the story.. I found it boring like hell BUT the agent got the most unique story in the game as he is non sith empire elite which each choice he makes is unique and the story ending varies based on your choice. Also best companions in the game.

I love most the 2 Sith class stories... Inquisitor was damn fun as dark side being evil and kicking *** climbing the sith hierechy while sith warrior dark side again was just fricking epic every part of the way everything I did was epic.

Bounty hunter was utter meh... It's cool class and mako\Blizz ownz big time but story was plain stupid... Funny enough I leveld 3 bounty hunters ^^ gameplay is damn fun.

Trooper was good for most part as light side but I suspect Dark side trooper would have been much more ****** and I think I may need to delete my trooper and re make a new one (possible to increase slot per servers ? )

Jedi knight plain sucks. played light side it was kotor 3 all over the place and only companion which was cool was kira. But story was blend and made no surprises where in kotor we had twists in plot all over the place as person which READ the "Revan" book it's a replica ... :X

I now play the consular as shadow light side and it's very nice... not that good as *** getting titles so early but it's decent and I like it.

Smuggler so far I decided screw the light\dark I choose whichever choice that gives me more credits... Dark 1\2 almost before coruscant lol... but kinda meh need to see how it's going on...

Bottom line i think that the 2 sith lines are The best in the game because you get to end in very high position in the empire and fight some major nemesis while getting some ****** cinematic.

I haven't played through many, but IA just because it's not really predictable. I had many "Oh dayym!!!" moments throughout the story.

The other classes seemed much more predictable. As a bounty hunter, you.... hunt bounties. Gee, I wonder what will happen on this planet... do 3 random side missions for a NPC, NPC tells me where to find bounty, I kill bounty.

Knight doesn't belong on even the top 3. It's a "You are THE chosen one" story with virtually no nuance or anything interesting. Light, dark, events play out almost exactly the same. You can be goody goody mcpeace and a certain NPC will still claim you are 'touched by darkness.' You can be a dark monster who slaughtered everyone in sight, and the final boss will still say you're too much of a goody goody to kill him, despite killing everyone up till that point.

I am convinced the only reason the Knight gets high mention is because of the final act 3 boss. If he was replaced by anyone else it wouldn't get the mention it does.

Edited by maxetius

Out of the 3 stories I played so far:

1) Warrior: 9/10. Simply loved this one. Felt awesome all the way through, but it does carry some things the SI story should have had.

2) Inquisitor. 8/10. I'm a lore buff and a Sith buff, so this one spoke to me. It slowed down in chapter 2 and some of chapter 3, but picked up.

3) Knight. 6.5/10. It's a KotOR3 essentially, but not fond of cliches I found in it such as the Chosen One.

Edited by DarthThuzad

Not played all the classes though.

Played the Trooper which had an ok storyline

On the imp side, im currently playing the sith warrior, which is epic..Great story so far, however the sith inquisitor story is so horrible bad. :(

Bounty hunter story is also decent i think.

Gonna roll a Jedi knight and Agent, when the storyline is done with my sith warrior :) really epic story :D

I have finished five class stories so far. Knight just finished chapter 2, trooper is close to finishing 1, and consular is halfway 1.

The completed stories:

1. Agent. Nice story of playing the behind the scenes guy who kicks *** and takes down a conspiracy. Nice plot twists and the desire to continue & progress.

2. Warrior. Classic story of a Sith rise to power, in a fun way. Chapter 2 was slightly weaker, but 1 & 3 were excellent. Also some of the best lines of the game.

("Your very existence offends me!", "Nice lungs you got there", and more)

3. Smuggler. Mostly because of the funny lines and general humour. Some nice twists too.

4. Bounty Hunter. Fairly predictable. You hunt people for cash. Also some funny lines of course, and a good line-up of companions.

5. Inquisitor. Could be good, but wasted. Story did not capture me. Bad guy who hates me for seemingly no reason. Ending was unsatisfying.

Seriously? You take 2 damn chapters to take down Darth Thanaton and you don't even get to deal the killing blow?

Others:

- Knight has been pretty entertaining so far. Typical good guy stuff. Kira is awesome though, one of the best companions in the game (on par with Vette I think).

- Trooper has an interesting chapter 1 so far, can't say more.

- Seen some consular stuff on gf's character besides my own, and seems not that great, but does give some nice info on the Jedi order and working in the background to protect it.

I've only played the Inquisitor (Assassin), Warrior (Marauder) and Jedi Knight to the end. I am still leveling an agent.

- Of the three I thought the inquisitor storyline was the most enjoyable. I thought it was more consistent throughout and I liked the interactions and treachery throughout.. I enjoyed the Warrior story a lot but

Darth Tubby sending you on endless assassination missions in the middle of the story got a little weary. On the other hand, you had all those great Darth Tubby lines to laugh at.

The Knight story was predictable, and I felt constrained being a "do-gooder". On the other hand you get all those Satile Shan meetings, where she won't flirt with you.

A lot of people say the Agent story is the best. My agent is at level 24ish and all I have to say is "meh". It's not nearly as fun healing Kaliyo endlessly as slashing away with a lightsaber. Not nearly as exciting as the other storylines. I suppose it is possible that it picks up at some point- I am hoping it does. But most of my time now is with my assassin and marauder getting them to 55 and beyond.

1:lawful good sith warrior

2:neutral good jedi consular

3:started neutral evil became neutral good after act 1 redemption,imperial agent

4:lawful evil sith inquisitor,the ending made it worth it

5:caothic good smuggler,funny,but overall not to great

6:lawful good trooper,i don't know why,it just had a few epic moments but only act 1 was good,the rest was totally "meh"