1.4 Consolidated Bug/Issues List

recsa

1.4 came with, imho, the best operation released so far, im enjoying the landscape and the mechanics, but sadly it came with new bugs and issues, some of them game breaking for the people affected, others just annoyances.

The goal of this list is to have those bugs recognized and added to the "Known Issues List", please help me fill in this list by providing links to a post where the issue is being discussed, i will update this post regularly.

EDIT: The list is growing too much and too fast, i want to keep it as updated as possible so pls be sure the bugs/issues you report are strictly related to 1.4, i will keep reviewing your posts as soon as my time allows me, thx a lot for all the help, hopefully we will get this issues acknowledged any soon.

I have mark some of the issues reported as Confirmation Required, this means i have fail to find a Thread discussing it or i have not been able to reproduce it, so i would appreciate some help on finding a Thread where more people talks about that issue.

Also, some of the problmes have been reported to be in the official Known Issues list, so i will underscore issues as they are added to that list or at least acknowledged in Dev Tracker.

LAST EDIT:

FIXES TO SOME OF THE ISSUES IN THIS LIST can be found HERE and HERE

I have the feeling this thread is not of the like of our Community Managers, and so looks like its doing more harm than benefit, i have seen some posts deleted and people getting angry about it. Also Joveth Gonzalez made an official list to keep track of this issues, so i guess thats the right place to go and check.

This thread started as a way to give visibility to a guildie's bug that was preventing him to play the game, then it quickly grew up and i decided to make it a bit more usefull to both rest of community and devs, but as i have said i have the feeling it didnt accomplished the intended goal.

All this considered i have decided to stop updating this thread and abandon it, heartly thanks to the people that helped me to build this list, to be honest, i have done little but keeping it updated with your reports, this list is a community effort.

General / Performance / Stability

1. Characters stuck at Loading Screen - Discussion 1 - Discussion 2 - Discussion 3

2. Performance drop after 1.4 graphics changes - Discussion 1 - Discussion 2 - Discussion 3

3. Client disconnets / Crash to Desktop - Confirmed

4. Inability to right click on chat names - Discussion 1 Acknowledged

5. New Implants cost or stats not changed as promised - Discussion 1 - It's not bug, It's Feature

6. Known Schematics being used up even with already known message - Discussion 1

7. If you return from a flashpoint to your ship (you have to have traveled from there and then return), the ship is no longer at its last position, and is "docked" at the flashpoint you just ran. If you leave via the door without moving the ship to a valid location, you will crash the game AND not be able to log in again.

8. Unadvertised change in the amount of mats from crafting missions - Discussion 1 Acknowledged

9. SPACE MISSIONS: If you shot full round of missiles while shooting your lasers next roud of laser fire doesnt deal any damage.

10. Undocumented rollback on speeder allowed areas on Coruscant - Discussion 1

11. Undocumented sound changes to a lot of abilities - Discussion 1

12. Instanced general chat - Discussion 1

13. Unable to create Legacy Surname. After clicking create, window disappears. - Confirmation required

14. Sound turns off completely. (Both in space missions as well as in WZ's, half way through 'sometimes' the sound will just cut off. The remainder of the round/mission will be complete silence until you load to another area.)

15. Upon exiting game at the end of a session the game freezes 'not responding'.

16. Undocumented change on Champion mobs loot (aka nerf) - Discussion 1

17. Legacy rename not working - Discussion 1

18. Problems to get the Black Hole weekly quest - Discussion 1

Graphics

1. Graphics totally messed on some setups - Discussion 1

2. Chat flickering - Confirmed

3. Graphics Stuttering - Discussion 1

4. When flying in a taxi (mainly at Coruscant, but reported also at other planets), the taxi flickers in and out of existence just showing your character flying - Confirmed

5. Hot bars/abilities cooldown effects stuttering. (probably related to the reported General graphics stuttering)

6. sometimes on inspecting the item tooltips in my character screen and inventory i get graphical glitches (trash on screen) - Confirmed Image 1 - Image 2

7. When trying to preview gear, some gear shows up and some doesn't. Some gear the I tried to preview not only wouldn't preview but would strip my character naked - Confirmed

8. Target frame portrait shows every NPC with dark side corruption - Confirmation required

Classes / Abilities / Consumables

1. Insta sheathe weapons after self buffing

2. Adrenals/stims: You can click the item multiple times, while it is on cooldown, no error message, but consumes the item. - Confirmation required

3. Abilities failing to fire. (Abilities will channel and reset GCD but not fire. Other times nothing at all will happen.)

4. Abilities/attacks not recieving proper bonuses/modifiers. - Discussion 1

Bounty Hunter / Trooper

5. "Free" Railshot: with the 4pc set bonus and talents, this is quite commonly not free any longer, at least consistantly. Randomly, it will still cost an additional 8 heat. There is no rhyme or reason i was able to ascertain. sometimes it would not happen for 5 or 6 railshots, and others it would be every railshot.

6. Target swapping: currently, there is alot more of this happening, which throws resource management out of whack. Wind up time & heat has always been an issue with multiple target swapping phases, but the new content makes this happen more often.

7. Insta-heal: The heal still uses heat, and if used, as with the "free" railshot not being free, throws the resource management out of whack.

8. Excesive Heat buildup - Discussion 1

9. Sweeping Blasters is now bugged again. - Discussion 1

10. Unload skill screwed up in multiple ways.
    a) Seems to be not channeling correctly, skipping half of it.
    b) Sometimes it appears as if only every other shot is counting.
    c) Sometimes half the shots spray wildly in different directions.

Companions

1. Companion weapons (specifically sabers) remaining "popped" even while sheathed. - Confirmed

2. Erratic behavior on companion helmet visibility (needs to be manually reaplied) Acknowledged

Flashpoints / Operations

1. New unadvertised mechanics in EC HM Kephess encounter - Discussion 1

2. TfB HM 1st boss: he was doing a slight 1-2 m knockback on me as a tank. like an unintended offset. not sure if that was synchronization problem or actual movement of my character.

3. TfB HM 1st boss: 2 Foul Offspring spawning before the "A Jealous Male Has Arrived to Defend His Mate!" event starts

4. Undocumented change in Kaon HM turrent event. (Attempting to kill trash in Kaon HM next to turret event starts the event. Didn't happen before patch)

5. Jindo Krei fight bug in the False Emperor HM FP is back - Discussion 1

6. In the Red Reaper, when you meet the final Boss, the acolytes do not die so you cannot finish the mission. - Confirmation required

7. When you are in a operation or flashpoint if you die and hit the "Return to Medcenter" button you'll get revived with full health... - Confirmation required

8. Flashpoint: Cademimu if you use the sliced taxi it will close out the game, for everyone in the instance. Happened 3 times today after waiting over an hour in the group finder each time. Each time all players were kicked to desktop as soon as someone entered the taxi.

PVP - Discussion

1. Voidstar - Different issues with this WZ, the more pressing matter is the deciding factor on who wins/loses. It seems teams are beating other teams to the same point, but getting credited with a loss and vice versa. The tie-breaker is also not working, as plenty of peeps have pointed out the attacking team is winning these regardless. - Acknowledged

2. Reported issue of Ranked Queues not popping on Harbringer. Despite teams working together to get a queue pop, and logging off and back on in case of queue bug, was still not getting the Rated match to start.

3. When an 8 team is queue'd for Rateds and the queue pops, if a player does not accept or decline of the invite, the WZ used to automatically port you in anyways (which was a nice feature in case someone missed it accidently). Last night, my teammate missed the original queue pop, but was NOT transported to the WZ.

4. WZ's are not filling up properly - Discussion 1

5. alderaan getting the wrong factions anouncer ship

OFFICIAL Status on Top Reported 1.4 Issues

last reviewed post: #103

Edited by recsa
UPDATE

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GTN cannot handle search using multiple words.

I know about this one, but it has been already acknowledged by the Devs and are working on it, the goal of this thread is to higlight bugs and issues that has not yet been acknowledged, so we can have confirmation on them being addressed

Edited by recsa

There's an appalling bug where, when using a crafting schematic you already know, you get both the message saying you already know it and you lose it from inventory. I got caught once unawares. and have unfortunately been caught twice more because, despite carefully scanning my list I've not spotted the one in question and accidentally thought I didn't have it. (I'm a schematic collector so my list is LONG.)

Yes, I've raised tickets. Fortunately none of the schematics in question were rare, although a couple were reasonably valuable (worth at least 8-10K on GTN.)

Edited by Ms_Sunlight

THere's an appalling bug where, when using a crafting schematic you already know, you get both the message saying you already know it and you lose it from inventory. I got caught once unawares. and have unfortunately been caught twice more because, despite carefully scanning my list I've not spotted the one in question and accidentally thought I didn't have it. (I'm a schematic collector so my list is LONG.)

Yes, I've raised tickets. Fortunately none of the schematics in question were rare, although a couple were reasonably valuable (worth at least 8-10K on GTN.)

I added it to the list, could you provide a link to a thread where this issue is being discussed?

When u buff yourself, (operative), you unsheat your weapon (I like that), but immediately it puts the weapon back. Wasn't like that prior to new patch and I liked it, hope it gets fixed.

During warzones against the same faction, the speaker treats one of the teams like if it were from the opposite faction: in Alderaan you find yourself on the other faction's ship.

Other bugs to be discovered.......

Edited by NinjaApacHe

I added it to the list, could you provide a link to a thread where this issue is being discussed?

I haven't seen a thread. This is a primary bug report from someone who's had the bug. :(

I should note that one of my guildies has had it as well, and it's been discussed in general chat on fleet.

Edited by Ms_Sunlight

There's an appalling bug where, when using a crafting schematic you already know, you get both the message saying you already know it and you lose it from inventory. I got caught once unawares. and have unfortunately been caught twice more because, despite carefully scanning my list I've not spotted the one in question and accidentally thought I didn't have it. (I'm a schematic collector so my list is LONG.)

Yeah they fixed it long time ago but it is back again... I sent tickets for this one.

SPACE MISSIONS: If you shot full round of missiles while shooting your lasers next roud of laser fire doesnt deal any damage.

IE: clouds of Vonduru or aeten defense. you need to launch a huge amount of missiles to destroy turrets and/or shield generators while continue firing your regular lasers. Well, after the "hot" moment passes and you dont use your missiles and try to fire lasers only to the enemy fighters...The lasers doesnt deal any damage , just can destroy them with your missiles.

Is like the system overload by the high amount of fire and and lasers just stop to work.

Not sure if it's a bug or intended but areas on coruscant (merchant guild territory etc-adventuring areas) where I could mount my speeder are no longer areas where speeders can be ridden. I haven't tested this with my high level characters yet but with a level 13 alt on whom I spent the money for the legacy speeder piloting at level 10, I can ride my speeder no where except senate plaza map, and I am 100% sure this was not the case last week.

So currently if it is a bug I am unsure if the bug is in the planet or the legacy speeder piloting unlock.

As it stands now paying for that legacy speeder thing is a waste of money, as I did it to enable me to level an alt at a faster rate.

Does anyone have any info on this?

You know what the shame is? The devs are in deep silence.

It's called denial. They are probably just as shocked as you and me about the terrible testing that was done. Bioware counted on their beloved hardcore-guilds to test and didn't want to copy the rest of us. Now Bioware is in shock to see that there hardcore players only tested the new OP and didn't care at all about the rest.

What were they thinking???

the companion head slot seem to turn itself on and off at a whim i have had to manually go back and remove helmits from mako temple doc and lokin about 10 times now.

Same for main char. Her head slot shows the helmet despite the option box being checked to hide it.

I put this up in PvP, but WZ's are not filling up properly. Groups will have missing players such as 8 versus 7, or 8 versus 6.

Its on the PvP forums, but the devs never visit there, because PvP isn't something they routinely get around to.

obviously this game isn't doing as well as it should because YOU guys aren't meeting the quota for sacrificing virgins and goats to appease the MMO gods... I mean come on I've been trying to pick up the slack to cover for you guys but the local cops are starting to ask questions so get to it already! Edited by Liquidacid

Here are two other 'bugs'

1. When flying in a taxi at Coruscant, the taxi flickers in and out of existence just showing your character flying. (kind of amusing tho', my son laughed at this...)

2. (SPOILER) in the Red Reaper, when you meet the final Boss, the acolytes do not die so you cannot finish the mission.

Thanks, DonK

Was playing Black Talon story mode the other night and noticed that while fighting Sergeant Boran, the stationary fire bombs/droids were invisible. I would cast interrupt on him and it would appear that i did interrupt him as the bomb did not deploy. I back up out of the way of his attacks and I find myself taking fire damage over time, just like the bomb was deployed and i got hit with it. Next bomb that came out, I did not use interrupt and bomb was still was invisible. I just backed up out of the way as I usually did and no dot taken.

Story mode, toon was a lvl 18 Jug. I was only running with Vette my companion