SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

exca

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are an asset to the community.

For a similarly massive performance gain, go to the swtor/assets directory and RENAME your main_art_fx_1.tor file.

This is the culprit. Unfortunately, you'll be missing saber and blaster glow, and sound effects, and your ship map.

But ilum runs fine!

Edited by Superawesomerman

this is great!

i only have 8 GB of ram and i would like to improve overall FPS specially on world pvp (i don't care about loadscreens), what should i prioritize? i marked main_art_fx_1.tor and all the main_art_dynamic_XXX.tor but there isn't enough RAM space so in my case, it's better to choose DiskCacheArena or those files?

another question, LocalApp (266mb) will improve overall FPS or it's just accessed when you change settings/change instance?

thanks

Edited by huehuebrbr

this is great!

i only have 8 GB of ram and i would like to improve overall FPS specially on world pvp (i don't care about loadscreens), what should i prioritize? i marked main_art_fx_1.tor and all the main_art_dynamic_XXX.tor but there isn't enough RAM space so in my case, it's better to choose DiskCacheArena or those files?

another question, LocalApp (266mb) will improve overall FPS or it's just accessed when you change settings/change instance?

thanks

Answer is in the very first post :

What to check for which usage?

What to choose depending on my total RAM size?

i saw but what i'm trying to ask is, for example:

Add DiskCacheArena : the game cache file

This improves loadtimes, overall fps or both? if it increases FPS too like the FX files, which of the two is better? i can't fit both on my current RAM and i only care about FPS increase, not loadtimes (that's the whole point of my question)

thanks again

So I tried this and it has improved my fps a lot BUT now my shadows are all messed up. looks as if they are set to low when I have it on high.

*edit

Sorry they don't look low, they are just pixelated high setting shadows instead of being smooth and they seem to be off center from where my character shadow should be.

**edit again

It would seem that turning my shadows off in game and then back on fixed everything.

Works great and is running smooth at 60fps up from 15-30. A lot more stable too havn't noticed any dips.

Edited by Gallifrayen