The Ultimate Guide of Guides for SWTOR 2019

LadyAdmiral

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lady Admiral I cannot thank you enough for putting this together for new and returning players. I have been away from SWTOR for over a year now and its been tough getting back into the game without knowing what to do and where to begin. I have nothing but great appreciation for you. Cheers!!

Lady Admiral I cannot thank you enough for putting this together for new and returning players. I have been away from SWTOR for over a year now and its been tough getting back into the game without knowing what to do and where to begin. I have nothing but great appreciation for you. Cheers!!

Thanks for the nice comment, and welcome back to the game!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New guide added!

Hey Swtorista! I don't suppose you remember, but I'm the guy who, in the comments under your "The Ultimate Guide of Guides for SWTOR 2019" video, recommended you a companion gifts guide that you might wanna add to your Ultimate guide. But somehow I forgot to provide you with the link to that guide. You pointed that out and so I responded with the link but judging from lack of response, I assume you haven't seen that. So here it is: http://www.black-bantha.eu/portfolio/companion-gift-influence-guide/. I recommended adding it because it has a full (kinda. I've only noticed the absence of Paxton Rall but he's fairly new) list of what gifts each companion in the game "loves". While Dulfy has an excellent companion guide I had some issues finding out what gifts best to give to some of the pre-KOTET companions like Kira Carsen and Corso Riggs

Read more

One of the best wrote up guides I've ever seen posted for an MMORPG! Great Job!

Thanks Koopsta!

----

Some new commando DPS guides and other class guides!

Edited by LadyAdmiral

Hey, I recently wrote a Medicine Operative guide and I was hoping it could be included in this list. It is very detailed and exhaustive, as I tried to include everything I could think of.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wffZ6LWBm7qSqil14vAl2VO8AuurbPRDigqNMrwlU8o/edit?usp=sharing

Awesome thanks, especially because the most recent guide by Hottie is geared towards PvP.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I wanted to reach out and see if there's still openings for the guide of guides and if so to see if you think any of my stuff would fit. If it's not able to be added I completely understand. I have an ossus datacron video although I noticed there are several posted already.

The difference in mine is that for the endurance cave portion I turned graphics to minimum so you can see the jumping path unlike other videos. I also reached out to kid Lee and got his blessing to publish said video b4 doing so as I think he was the original guy to figure out that datacron.

is the link to that.

I also have a don the exiled knight achievement/lore discussion guide

that I put together.

As well as a non-narrated text overlay video guide for SM geonosian queen showing a simplified mechanics of SM method that also serves to show newer players the basic mechanics at

My final submission would be my gsf let's play series.. while not in full guide format they are all fully narrated and I explain what abilities I use when and why.

is my most recent in that series let me know of it can be of use. Thanks for taking the time to consider these.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Swtorista

The link to gearing pvp directs you to a shady website. Please fix?

Thanks! Luckily not shady, the owner just changed domains and I forgot to update her links in that guide. Fixed.

PS the ultimate guide of guides (and most of my other projects lol) are on hold until Star Wars Celebration is over!

Excellent guide, as always, and a valuable resource that I have directed many a player to.

Just one thing. Because the links specify a page number if someone has changed the number of posts per page from the default (I have mine set to 40) then they don't open the linked post. For example, since I see 40 posts per page, the post for Achievements, post #33, is on the first page, but when I click on the link it opens a new tab at the top of page 2. If you remove the page number from the link they'll work regardless of the number of posts displayed per page. For example, the link for class guides is currently:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=958684&page=2#edit9687192

But if you change it to:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=958684#post9687192

Just replace the "&page=2#edit" with "#post" and it will always open that post. Alternatively, you could use the post link like I did above.

* Had to use code tags so the URL wouldn't be truncated.

Edited by ceryxp

• 3 weeks later...

Wow.. A lot of these I knew about, but there were so many others I have never seen yet.

You have done well on this guide an d I think Ultimate Guide is by far an understatement of this guide.

Thank you so much for this guide, from a player who has been a subscriber since day one and also for many of the new players, or older players as well.

I'm going to have plenty of reading to do now to see what other things there are that I didn't know before. It's always good learning new things in this game.

Thanks again and if I see any other guides that aren't mentioned I will add the link as well. It's always good to keep this game alive by things that help all players. :)

I'm back from Celebration! Tons of new guides have popped up since before I left!

If you know of a guide that should be on this list, please post it!

Wow! This is really (the Ultimate guide of guides). Well appreciated, thank you.

Thank you!

Wow.. A lot of these I knew about, but there were so many others I have never seen yet.

You have done well on this guide an d I think Ultimate Guide is by far an understatement of this guide.

Thank you so much for this guide, from a player who has been a subscriber since day one and also for many of the new players, or older players as well.

I'm going to have plenty of reading to do now to see what other things there are that I didn't know before. It's always good learning new things in this game.

Thanks again and if I see any other guides that aren't mentioned I will add the link as well. It's always good to keep this game alive by things that help all players. :)

I've discovered SO MANY guides I never knew about while making this!

Excellent guide, as always, and a valuable resource that I have directed many a player to.

Just one thing. Because the links specify a page number if someone has changed the number of posts per page from the default (I have mine set to 40) then they don't open the linked post. For example, since I see 40 posts per page, the post for Achievements... [snip]

When I go to the second link in your example it doesn't work :( Going to stick to my original links, hopefully anyone in your situation can figure out to scroll/skip through the pages for their topic of choice.