Exploits and Galactic Command

EricMusco

Recently on fleet one of the vendors was selling the Cultural and Imperial Memorabilia companion gifts for 1/10th of their normal sale price. However, they would buy them back for the same price. If you bought them for gifts, fine, they didn't mind too much, but if you bought them and resold them back to vendor, you made tons of credits and they threatened to shut your account down.

I thought the DEV's did something about it, buying the gifts was not the problem but selling it back to the vendor was. People who go to great lengths to hide their ill gotten gains are the ones they go after, and I don't blame the DEV's for doing that.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

As we move towards the expansion launch, I wanted to post a reminder about our exploit policy and to talk about how it will work with Galactic Command. First, a general reminder on what to do if you think you have discovered an exploit:

• Discontinue the questionable action immediately.
  • Send a private message to myself or Tait Watson on the forums with any and all details you have on the issue. Do not make a public post with this information.
  • Submit an in-game bug report.
  • If you happen to hear about a possible exploit, do not test it yourself. This can leave you open to action being taken against your account.

With those reminders in place, let's talk about Galactic Command and specifically Command Experience Points (CXP). When you reach level 70, most activities in the game will reward you with CXP, which will earn you Command Ranks and subsequently Command Crates. Since Command Crates are your source of end-game gear we are going to be extra diligent and harsh on exploits relating to CXP. As a reminder, an exploit is using the game in an unintended manner to gain an advantage, typically through the use of a bug or subversion of game mechanics.

If anyone is discovered to have abused an exploit related to CXP we intend to take severe action, including:

• Resetting that character(s) Command Rank to 1
  • Stripping all gear/items earned from Galactic Command
  • Standard ToS action up to and including permanent ban

Again, if you discover an exploit, please refrain from using it and report it to us privately as soon as possible. Thanks everyone!

-eric

Hello Eric,

can this thread be unstickied? I don't feel like this thread is relevant anymore since we're 1.5 years after the proclaimed expansion launch. Just thinking that this isn't necessarily a sticky that looks encouraging for possible new players as it makes it look like there is an issue with CPX exploits. I don't think there is one though.

Just my 2 cents.