Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

Server transfers are CRUCIAL right now.

Let me state: I am on Jung-MA which routinely sits at 'Standard' population, even during peak gaming. Queue times for Flashpoints (at any level) can range between 30-90 minutes! Yes, 2 hours is quite possible. PVP queue times can exceed 30 minutes, regardless of the level.

This is not sustainable, it's a severe drain on the quality of the game and has me considering unsubscribing/quitting until they turn on character transfers. Several of my friends, and guild mates want to transfer as soon as possible as well. Generally to populated servers.

Alternatively- making FP/WZ queues cross server would solve most of the issues as well. Whatever needs to be done, needs to be done fast.. Populations are declining terribly on the last PVP servers - no point in having pvp servers any longer.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please work on getting server transfers up and running. A lot of people want this to happen. I would rather see server transfers than new hair styles or breast augmentation options...

In truth, they'll go with what's going to make them the most moola. If that means they can devise a way to allow toons to have a bustline inflate to Dolly Parton size, secure in the knowledge they'll make a ton of cash doing it, they'll do exactly that.

I won't worry about it - the people working on cosmetic fluff aren't the same folks working on transfer mechanics. They'll pluck all the APAC players up and dump them on the NA servers, shut APAC down, then sit on their hands for several months while trying to figure out how to do transfers (never mind that they'll have done it twice by this point). In other words, "Soon" (TM).

They need to test if a guild has a guild bank on 2+ servers how the bank would be condolidated, if it would be possible. It would be nice if they could just make it another bay expansion to the guild bank.

Also they need to test if you have 2+ legacy levels how that adds together.

Also they need to test the consolidation of achievements. For example, if you have 3 Blizz companions do they all add up for his use Bilzz to kill x amount of mobs etc.

I would love to see crafting mats stack to 999; this would make it easier to transfer and less data load.

Here is hoping that subs get a free Legacy family tree transfer!!!

I am on pins and needles waiting for more info about this! I really want to transfer to a different server type, and I'm afraid to start playing on my desired destination server for fear of potential complications with Legacy when I finally do get to transfer. Sure, they did it great with the mandatory transfers/server merges, but I am not 100% confident that they will do it in such an advantageous manner if it is truly optional. I also hope that they offer some sort of discount or package deal for those like me that want to move their Legacy and multiple characters, not just one or two.

And what do you all think of this article? It is one of several articles about 2.1 from what seems to be a reputable German fansite, and it mentions character transfers. For those of you that don't have a browser with auto-translation enabled, here is what Google translate says the article is saying (emphasis NOT mine):

One of the things on which you have you been waiting for some time, is introduced about 6 to 8 weeks after patch 2.1: Character Transfers!

As I said, this site seems reputable, but if we are indeed getting character transfers this summer, I can't help but wonder why Bioware hasn't made a comment about it in English. Maybe they are saving it as something else to hype after 2.1 is out? :confused: *crosses fingers*

Edited by Gwena

I am not a troll, but you are evidently a person who is all about being as rude and offensive as possible to someone with a legitimate complaint. I have been playing MMO's since World of Warcraft went live, so I think I have a grasp on how they work.

I'm not even concerned with crew skill item respawn points, but with mission completing points. I have limited time to play, so I tend to want to focus on the story and not so much on having to deal with so many others completing the same missions. I try to be polite and take my turn, but I can only do that if everyone else does the same (and that's hit or miss).

If it's so crowded and busy as to severely interfere with you (and a 2 minute wait is not "severely"*), then you might want to check if there are other instances for that planet; there usually will be. Then all you need to do is open your main map, select another instance, and transfer to it.

*If two minutes is a serious problem, you should probably look into just playing single-player RPGs.

It would mean the end of RP-PvP servers, Jung Ma is the only one left.

?

Players have to be held hostage to keep an RP server populated? I agree that the almost complete lack of RP support in game features makes it difficult to want to play on an RP server, but I'm not sure it's really an RP server if it's holding non RP players hostage.

I am on pins and needles waiting for more info about this! I really want to transfer to a different server type, and I'm afraid to start playing on my desired destination server for fear of potential complications with Legacy when I finally do get to transfer. Sure, they did it great with the mandatory transfers/server merges, but I am not 100% confident that they will do it in such an advantageous manner if it is truly optional. I also hope that they offer some sort of discount or package deal for those like me that want to move their Legacy and multiple characters, not just one or two.

And what do you all think of this article? It is one of several articles about 2.1 from what seems to be a reputable German fansite, and it mentions character transfers. For those of you that don't have a browser with auto-translation enabled, here is what Google translate says the article is saying (emphasis NOT mine):

As I said, this site seems reputable, but if we are indeed getting character transfers this summer, I can't help but wonder why Bioware hasn't made a comment about it in English. Maybe they are saving it as something else to hype after 2.1 is out? :confused: *crosses fingers*

i heard that some where else too...

This is easily the biggest request players are making.

Developers all you need to do is make people pay coins to transfer characters. This means you get paid for your troubles as well, surely its in your best interest. You do like money right?

yes you can set a limit if your have concerns.

give subscribers a free transfer per server, reward the hands that feed you and the kindness will be returned.

Can we have a time frame please. I have characters sitting there needing to be played.

I bet you will get a boost in player number too..

kind regards

Gygax

• 1 month later...
Sever transfers coming in 2.2.1 not in 2.2?!? and 2.2 was delayed? I'm again angry i would ....i need to calm down i don'T know what to say rather then ...okay fine i think i... go to sleep thats for the best , cause i see i'm wasting my time cause the most important option of a game was promised a YEAR AGO!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just stiting here waiting for transfers as its getting delayed! No matter how many posts we make that this should be their most important development for a long time , they just keep pushing it furhter away , but i guess i do something somehow ingame to spend time with.

Sever transfers coming in 2.2.1 not in 2.2?!? and 2.2 was delayed? I'm again angry i would ....i need to calm down i don'T know what to say rather then ...okay fine i think i... go to sleep thats for the best , cause i see i'm wasting my time cause the most important option of a game was promised a YEAR AGO!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just stiting here waiting for transfers as its getting delayed! No matter how many posts we make that this should be their most important development for a long time , they just keep pushing it furhter away , but i guess i do something somehow ingame to spend time with.

Because I'm sure they are intentionally delaying it just to make you mad, instead of - oh, I don't know, let me guess - delaying it because something wasn't working and they decided to fix it rather than release it broken?

That wouldn't make any sense!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi can we have an offical reponse about how long it will take before we have server transfers from the EU servers to US servers and vice versa please reply with some information as really you are not giving us any information or come out and say its not possible at all dont keep us in a limbo Many thanks