Observers?

Saw this a while back on a PvP suggestion and I liked it. Add an option to queue for Flashpoints and Operations as an "observer". The observer would not interact with the group or flashpoint, but would be able to watch the run (not sure on the prospective yet, either through one of the players or top down). At the end of the run the observer would get a reward (social points, coms something). The observer would be optional, and once a full group (healers/tanks/dps) is formed it starts regardless of if there is an observer.

Reason: Allow new players to see how a run goes in person and learn mechanics and skipping points before running. Observers could also be quick alternates to fill in for group members that left/kicked

I like this idea, it will allow for alternates to switch in in an Operation in case people have to pull out. Thereby to further it I would suggest allowing an observer queue (like you mentioned) and an alternatives queue. You could queue for both, this would allow any alternates (i.e. if you have a raid group of 8 but 10 ppl want to play) to continue with dailies until a spot is vacated (say certain ppl can only do the 1st 2 bosses)

I like this idea, it will allow for alternates to switch in in an Operation in case people have to pull out. Thereby to further it I would suggest allowing an observer queue (like you mentioned) and an alternatives queue. You could queue for both, this would allow any alternates (i.e. if you have a raid group of 8 but 10 ppl want to play) to continue with dailies until a spot is vacated (say certain ppl can only do the 1st 2 bosses)

I like that, allows people who only want the weekly to get their coms while letting the group finish the Op with alts.

I'm unsure about the coms myself, wanted to give the observers something since they would invest the same time as the raiders who get gear and coms/creds. Maybe social pts are enough, or there could be a daily/weekly for obs who knows, not attached to that part really.

Also, I like the group that's actually going to perform the run to have the ability to invite specific people to observe as well as declining specific people/request.

As an example., for a guild run Ops you may want a new guildie to have a look at how we do things and at the same time., during progression, we may not like a competing guild to peek in at how we do stuff either.

Also, I like the group that's actually going to perform the run to have the ability to invite specific people to observe as well as declining specific people/request.

As an example., for a guild run Ops you may want a new guildie to have a look at how we do things and at the same time., during progression, we may not like a competing guild to peek in at how we do stuff either.

Ya I meant that just didn't really say it. Want it to be like a regular slot (dps/heal/tank) but optional, so you can invite like you would a tank or whatever