Forced into Unwanted Romance (this has happened several times)

OdanBaruq

Forgive me if this is in the wrong place, not sure where to put this. But this is really pissing me off.

First my Bounty Hunter ended up married to Mako despite me choosing the only option available to not marry her and all I did was flirt twice because the only other option was to be a jerk to someone who was more like a friend/comrade/sibling.

Now my Jedi Consular is being forced into a romance with Nadia and I never picked a single bloody flirt option! He just didn't choose to enforce the Jedi way when it comes to her being interested in others, and he does appreciate her as a friend, not just a Padawan. But none of those were flirts... why I have I been cornered into the only options is different ways going into romance?

Where is the option to say I am sorry but I am not interested in that way? (preferably without being a jerk)

Where is the option to be friendly but not interested in that kind of relationship?

Please I know the developers may not give a crap about fixing old stuff in the game but I really wish they would consider fixing this problem. I even have a few ideas that could open things up for making the game play better overall in regards to dialogue. I don't know how difficult it would be to implement though.

---

Like maybe there could be a toggle somewhere that would allow you to say, I don;t want to flirt with this character, and you be given the options already there in game for people who don't get the flirting option. Allowing you to still have three non-flirting options if you want.

Could further this by a game preference option that could let you chose to not have flirting options for certain genders. Thus making things more comfortable for both gay, straight, and androgynous folk who play. Or people who just don't want flirting options at all for different reasons.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry to hear this has happened. It's interesting how people who romance companions sometimes don't get them acknowledged in later content, while some people have the opposite thing happen.

I'd recommend posting this in Bug Reports though. Not just because it's where they're supposed to go but I think nowadays they're more properly monitored by the Devs (Or they post in there more frequently at least, I'm not sure which is the case.)

all I did was flirt twice

Don't flirt if you don't want to be railroaded into unwanted consequences. Can't rely on a predictable, logical, path for such things, especially since a story writer's idea of how people interact and why people might enter into relationships might have absolutely no relation to what the next person believes the proper flirt-to-marriage circumstances should be.

Don't flirt if you don't want to be railroaded into unwanted consequences. Can't rely on a predictable, logical, path for such things, especially since a story writer's idea of how people interact and why people might enter into relationships might have absolutely no relation to what the next person believes the proper flirt-to-marriage circumstances should be.

Yeh that was talking only about one of the cases where ended up in unwanted romance. I didn't repeat that mistake with my Jedi Consular. (Didn't pick any flirting options and still ended up in an unwanted romance). So I am not sure what kind of point your trying to make?

It also doesn't excuse the fact that I picked the dialogue on my bounty hunter to not marry Mako and a few days later I get mail with her making the arrangements and having them married.

Either way it;s still kind of stupid for it to assume you want to go that way and not give you an option to back out. If by some mistake you did. Especially since written dialogue is not often very clear to what your going to get with voiced dialogue.

Edited by OdanBaruq

Yeh that was talking only about one of the cases where ended up in unwanted romance. I didn't repeat that mistake with my Jedi Consular. (Didn't pick any flirting options and still ended up in an unwanted romance). So I am not sure what kind of point your trying to make?

It also doesn't excuse the fact that I picked the dialogue on my bounty hunter to not marry Mako and a few days later I get mail with her making the arrangements and having them married.

Either way it;s still kind of stupid for it to assume you want to go that way and not give you an option to back out. If by some mistake you did. Especially since written dialogue is not often very clear to what your going to get with voiced dialogue.

I never ended up in any class story companion arc in an unwanted marriage, and recycling through all of the story arcs again on another account, still haven't.