Bound Time…

TheHunterC

I love the new cartel market and have a ton of coins, and one of the things I got was the rancor holo-projector. I think it's awesome, but in my inventory, it says it has a bound time and keeps counting down. I just got I today so I have a little less than 1 1/2 days to solve this problem. I've already used this ability 3+ times and put it in an empty quick slot. Still counting down. PLEASE HELP!!!! If this is just a glitch or there's a way out or you have an idea, PLEASE post. (Also to anyone else who has the rancor, can it actually scare away enemy npc's?)

Some info about my toon:

Active subscriber

Level 25

Have been playing multiple toons since last December, but have a lot to learn still due to a computer problem last spring where I couldn't play for a long time.

Have used this ability multiple times

Have about 1 day and 10 hours left on the timer

Don't panic! The timer should just be when you can trade the item to another player or put it up for sale on the GTN. It won't disappear or anything.

what he said. the item won't disappear unless you delete it somehow. the timer is just if you wanted to sell/trade the item.

if the item was a piece of equipment and you wanted to trade it after the timer expired, you have to make sure not to wear it, as that will cause it to bind to you even before the timer expires.

Don't panic! The timer should just be when you can trade the item to another player or put it up for sale on the GTN. It won't disappear or anything.

So basically the timer (bound: d: h: m: s) means that by the end of the timer it will be bound to me? That's great for me, because I thought it meant if I didn't use it or something, I would lose it. I'm glad that's what it is because I wasn't going to sell it on the GTN or trade it. Now that you mention it, I do remember reading about gifting items. Well thanks for the help! :jawa_biggrin:

So basically the timer (bound: d: h: m: s) means that by the end of the timer it will be bound to me? That's great for me, because I thought it meant if I didn't use it or something, I would lose it. I'm glad that's what it is because I wasn't going to sell it on the GTN or trade it. Now that you mention it, I do remember reading about gifting items. Well thanks for the help! :jawa_biggrin:

no.

when the timer expires the item will be unbound to you, allowing you to post it on the GTN or trade with others.

i would assume thought im not sure, that if you dont use an item during the countdown timer it will then become bind on equip

Most (not all, XP boost for example are immediately tradeable) item you buy on the Cartel market will be bound to your character with a timer.

Once that timer expires, the item becomes free to exchange, sell or keep.

Some armor are "bind on equip" independently from the timer.

• 1 year later...
Does this apply to the endgame sabers as well? I bought the Campaign Weaponmaster's Offhand for my Marauder on my Guardian and do I wait for the timer to run out and mail it too him? Or will it be permanently bound to me?

The thread is about Cartel market items.

Campaign gear is permanently bound.

Your only option is to pick up some legacy bound gear and transfer the mods.

Check you reputation vendors for legacy bound sabers. I know the Gree vendor has one, but it's a pain to grind the tokens you need to purchase it, since the event is so short with months and months between.

CZ-198 might have a vibro sword that's legacy bound, not certain though.