Da Big Hitters: Attacks & Heals

CharterMonkKent

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Folks. Updated

I added in "Rare" at the end of a few abilities since there are some who say they happen and some who say they do not (or they don't happen often enough to be considered capable). I think adding in Rare is a happy medium.

I have removed deathfield/mirror from sins/shadow. There seems to be a consensus that it is not possible.

I hit 5k with discharge just about every warzone and as for deathfield when playing madness I do not think I have ever hit 5k.

me too, but 5 stacks of plus 6% to discharge (ie30%) is quite rare. i can hit 7k maul, but its vs recruite or pve geared guy. did u get it?

What spec are you running? IDK the AC very well, but I know Sage well, so there are some similarities.. If a Sage/Sorc can, a Sin/Sha should be able too as well (in my mind)..

I was thinking something like this. Its a similar spec to a Sage crit 5k on FiB. Just thinking it should be possible as the differences between the AoE/WP percentage increase(~16%) are about equal to the Technique%/%Damage percentage(~27%) in the tank tree.

Stack power/surge & force technique.

Anyone tried this?

i have 600 melee and 900 (899) force bonus (with buffs) and my DF base is 2075.. to crit 5k i need plus 500dmg bonus to force and there is NOWAY to get this extra 500 bonus. this is just impossible! i have room for more power and surge, but it will give me max plus 70 to dmg bonus and 3-4% to crit multip. i believe that i can crit 5k on pve geared guy, but iam not able to deal 5k DF hit to full wh geared guy.

to crit 5k df u have to have at least 2400 DF base, its simple math isnt it? so who has 2.4k DF base?

btw, sage&sorc never ever crit on me (any specs) 5k (DF/fib).. only 4k.

Edited by yauhen_pt

Back Blast/Backstab can break 5k on the criminally undergeared. Did one on Tuesday, got a 5.6k Shoot First on the same poor soul.

Got a 5k Heatseeker Missile on my Merc same day (on a Commando, sorry cuz).

I'm gearing up a smasher.

Great. Thanks for the info.

Do you think heatseeker hits 5k enough for me to remove "rare" from the description?

Great. Thanks for the info.

Do you think heatseeker hits 5k enough for me to remove "rare" from the description?

Fired 453 Heatseeker missiles in the last two weeks, 12 of them scored over 5k. That's 2.6%, from a well-geared (full aug WH) Arsenal Merc. Targets will have had tracer stacked of course, and I'd probably have eaten the warzone buff too.

Up to you what your definition of rare is, but I certainly don't count on getting them, and perk up if I see one.

On the Arsenal Merc theme, I don't know if you're interested in aoe abilities. Death From Above has been nerfed, but it's still useful if the enemy helpfully stack up. Worked out I got 16k off one DFA (that's in 3 seconds) on the same Tuesday. Can be very variable damage though, particularly if you use it for a quick area-denial and people simply stay out of it.

My favourite single aoe was a Flyby I did 48k damage with. Aaah, lovely node-huddles and people who won't stay out of the fire.

Edited by Wainamoinen

Fired 453 Heatseeker missiles in the last two weeks, 12 of them scored over 5k. That's 2.6%, from a well-geared (full aug WH) Arsenal Merc. Targets will have had tracer stacked of course, and I'd probably have eaten the warzone buff too.

Up to you what your definition of rare is, but I certainly don't count on getting them, and perk up if I see one.

On the Arsenal Merc theme, I don't know if you're interested in aoe abilities. Death From Above has been nerfed, but it's still useful if the enemy helpfully stack up. Worked out I got 16k off one DFA (that's in 3 seconds) on the same Tuesday. Can be very variable damage though, particularly if you use it for a quick area-denial and people simply stay out of it.

My favourite single aoe was a Flyby I did 48k damage with. Aaah, lovely node-huddles and people who won't stay out of the fire.

2.6% is not rare in my opinion. In comparison my Immolate has hit 5k+ less than 10 times in a few hundred WZs (a few of those not on undergeared players). I can only guess the % on Immolate for me was below .1%

I'll leave rare in for now, unless others chime in. But thank you for confirming (with stats) that 5k is in fact capable of happening.

Edited by CharterMonkKent

As I see a lot of the posts are arguments for/against an abilities capability to hit 5k, should we set an even playing field to test. How about abilities that can hit 5k on warzone dummies? I'm not sure I really care if a min/maxed Rage Jugg that has put 5 stacks of armor debuff on a recruit that has also been hit by 5 stacks from TM can do a 5k scream. It's impossible to know in a fight how geared your opponent is, so I'd say it's either dummies or duels so you can post your opponents gear along with the ability.

Not my thread though, so totally up to the OP.

Your compilation, your definition what qualifies. So long as the same criteria apply to everything to get in then that's fine.

Having said that, I don't think of 1 in every 40 Heatseekers fired breaking 5k as common, but it definitely happens. You need to keep in mind that someone less geared won't get even that many, and my merc likely won't get any against someone with decent gear.

As I see a lot of the posts are arguments for/against an abilities capability to hit 5k, should we set an even playing field to test. How about abilities that can hit 5k on warzone dummies?

That'd be interesting. Get full-aug-WH toons of each AC to ramp up their abilities against dummies and see what they can hit, so that it's a controlled environment and an equal test, then you can get comparable ability figures.

Maybe another thread though, as mentioned this is the OP's test.

Edited by Wainamoinen

As I see a lot of the posts are arguments for/against an abilities capability to hit 5k, should we set an even playing field to test. How about abilities that can hit 5k on warzone dummies? I'm not sure I really care if a min/maxed Rage Jugg that has put 5 stacks of armor debuff on a recruit that has also been hit by 5 stacks from TM can do a 5k scream. It's impossible to know in a fight how geared your opponent is, so I'd say it's either dummies or duels so you can post your opponents gear along with the ability.

Not my thread though, so totally up to the OP.

You are correct, that was not the point of the post. I like the idea but I don't have the time or the want to put that together. The basic gist of this post was to give new players (or one spec players) an idea of what's out there. And possibly something to look forward to as they level. All of these abilities are big hitters, no question there.

To do a statistical break down we'd need to do spec vs spec, take gear into account, buffs debuffs, etc. I mean. My smash hits a recruit sage for 6.5k+ (without bubble). But my smash hits a min/max EWH deception guidlie (coming out of stealth) for 2.8k-3.1k. It would hit him for 2k if he pops a WZ adrenal.

With an infiltration shadow on someone in recruit/pve gear, it's possible to deal ~9k dmg in one gcd with project and various procs.

Fully buffed + crit project ~ 5k

Crit upheaval proc ~ 2.5k

Battle readiness buffed + crit shadow technique proc ~ 1.5k

Obviously this decreases on bm/wh geared players, but the combo is still capable of ~7.5k on full wh.

btw if u added Ravage to warrior u can add "force lightning" to assassins, its rarely used since prevent yr movements (and quite useless for squishy dps assassin), but darkness assassins can crit with it around 5k (1600-1800 per tick). i have 3k "force lightning" base, and with madness spec can crit up to 6k (110% crit mult) or as darkness assassin with "hardness darkness" (dont remeber exact name of the ability) plus reckless it should b eve higher, however its energy dmg that can b easily reduced... Edited by yauhen_pt

-Heatseaker Missiles / Demolition Round 5k Capable (Rare)

Not rare at all I'm only in BM gear minus 1 implant but have the WH main and off and regulary get 4.5k-4.8k which seems to be my peak I have no doubt once full WH that 5k + will be achievable almost every WZ.

Full Auto by a gunnery or BH equiv when proccd can but again that's a channeled tick ability but registers as single hit. Eg if die you would see Killed by x with Full Auto 2876 or such like, I have seen it once or twice by uber geared players when I was in reruit gear. RARE but can happen.

I would also say HIB wouldnt be far off but that's speculative until I get up in gear. It's a sad state of what mando/merc has become that there's 2 comments by us in this thread. :)

Edited by thamightyboro

well i have both a sage and sin...

well my sage hit for over 6k fib.have screenshot to prove it..this is after the adrenal nerfs..my sage hits over 5k easily on fib..but i have 1080 pvp bonus damage on sage..the ss of the 6k+ fib..

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab115/Xert_2010/Screenshot_2012-06-21_20_56_05_306047.jpg

on my sin..in 32/1/8..i had 6k maul procs chain shocks up to 7k almost..in deception i hit 9k shocks 6k damage 3k chain effect..discharge i hit for 7k..i have 1030 pvp bonus damage on sin..gotta find the ss and load them. i post them probably later.

cuz we all know the deal..no ss it didnt happen..haha

Edited by Xertasian

I might have reached +5K with DF/FiB back when adrenal stacking and stims were available but it hasnt happened since. I remember 4,8K but other than that I'd say that it's rare to even hit +4,5K. And if someone gets hit for 4,5K there's probably two in the same AEO who won't get hit for more than 3,5K. It can't be comepared to "other " AOE'es in the game >_>,

It should be added that I havent stacked power. I'm keeping my stats somewhat balanced since I re-spec a lot and don't want to totally screw over one spec.

Edited by MidichIorian

I'm not talking about other people...

You; and only You.

Player A: SMASH/SMASH/SMASH=dead

Player B: RAIL/RAIL/RAIL=dead

Maybe I will give the healers a pass, but most ACs got AoE heals so..... yeah don't feel sorry for them much either...

In most of your posts I've read, I always end up thinking you're a tool. This one is no different.

Your broken logic tries to compare a single target ability to an aoe ability that only hits 1 target to determine the level of overpoweredness. I'll even go along with your pointless comparison and say that the precursor for rail shot can be cleansed. No such remedy exists for smash. How about the fact that smash autocrits and rail shot doesn't? On top of that consider that smash will always hit harder. I can survive 3 rail shot crits, but I will prob die from 3 smashes. 3x5k is nothing compared to 3x6.5k.

I detect another warrior/knight fanboy trying to defend their broken class.

Tell them to stop gathering around like moths.... If your teammates are all getting blasted at the same time, there is something wrong... The people complaining about smashes are facetanking, when its obviously a bad idea. It also good deterrent to the "g-bang" that is SWTOR PvP.... So... Moral... tell your teammates to stop gathering at the flame, and don't be in melee range often... PvP Defense 101...

Because a tank guarding someone is almost always in smash range to transfer dmg. You know, the one ability in the game that makes guard look useless.

I know on your teams, each person has a 10m bubble no ally enters, but realistically ppl with half a brain cell know that ppl will be close in objective based pvp.

Enemy ball carrier is getting away...don't crowd him though, more than one player might get smashed by the other teams 4 warriors.

Why aren't you capping south? I can't click the console without being too close to someone else.

I can go on and on but it is not necessary.

Im a Guardian..

/shocked

As for your lolprediction of smash....what r u using? Precognition? You can't go by the animation anymore, the dmg hits before the animation. As for their buffs...they last long enough for them to close the gap and smash. Anyone that avoids smash nowadays is pure luck or they are playing someone bad.

well i have both a sage and sin...

well my sage hit for over 6k fib.have screenshot to prove it..this is after the adrenal nerfs..my sage hits over 5k easily on fib..but i have 1080 pvp bonus damage on sage..the ss of the 6k+ fib..

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab115/Xert_2010/Screenshot_2012-06-21_20_56_05_306047.jpg

on my sin..in 32/1/8..i had 6k maul procs chain shocks up to 7k almost..in deception i hit 9k shocks 6k damage 3k chain effect..discharge i hit for 7k..i have 1030 pvp bonus damage on sin..gotta find the ss and load them. i post them probably later.

cuz we all know the deal..no ss it didnt happen..haha

When was this SS taken? Your HP is around BM level without augments. BM with augments is around 18k HP. So you either hit someone that was naked, or that was a really (adrenal stacking days) really long time ago. Sorcs rarely and I do mean rarely, break 4k on DF/FiB, let alone 5k. To see 6k, I'm thinking something is out of whack. I am not saying you're pants are on fire, but there is no way that damage was against a player wearing gear, let alone competitive gear.

Sad part is, Sins do more damage on force attacks than a Sorc does. That's Bioware balance for ya.

Edited by dalin

btw if u added Ravage to warrior u can add "force lightning" to assassins, its rarely used since prevent yr movements (and quite useless for squishy dps assassin), but darkness assassins can crit with it around 5k (1600-1800 per tick). i have 3k "force lightning" base, and with madness spec can crit up to 6k (110% crit mult) or as darkness assassin with "hardness darkness" (dont remeber exact name of the ability) plus reckless it should b eve higher, however its energy dmg that can b easily reduced...

Ravage is on the list because the last tick of ravage for Vengance and Rage can crit for 5.5-6k, sometimes more. Last tick of ravage for Carnage can crit for almost 7k.

When was this SS taken? Your HP is around BM level without augments. BM with augments is around 18k HP. So you either hit someone that was naked, or that was a really (adrenal stacking days) really long time ago. Sorcs rarely and I do mean rarely, break 4k on DF/FiB, let alone 5k. To see 6k, I'm thinking something is out of whack. I am not saying you're pants are on fire, but there is no way that damage was against a player wearing gear, let alone competitive gear.

Sad part is, Sins do more damage on force attacks than a Sorc does. That's Bioware balance for ya.

that ss was taken right after they nerfed adrenals..yeah i had full war hero..but its the way how i mod my gear.i give up hp but i get alot of dps in return..like i said atm my sage is at 1000+ pvp bonus damage..got like 1425 power..on my sage..i hit that 6k on a geared person..i hit 5k pretty regular..my surge rating is at 78%..

i hit that 6k on a geared person..i hit 5k pretty regular..my surge rating is at 78%..

man to hit 7k u must have 3.3-3.5k base of fib/DF with 100%-110% crit multipl. to hit 6k u must have 3k base dmg fib/DF etc.. simple math.. post ss of yr aoe base dmg and yr crit multipl.

btw its impossible to get these base dmg numbers whatever u ll stack.

i have 1080 pvp bonus damage

what the hell is that?

like i said atm my sage is at 1000+ pvp bonus damage..got like 1425 power..on my sage..i hit that 6k on a geared person..i hit 5k pretty regular..

i have more then 1200 power (dont remeber exact value) and iam far FAR away from numbers u r mentioned.. like i need extra 1000 dmg bonus to hit 6k.. do u think extra 200 power will give 1000 dmg bonus?

Edited by yauhen_pt