Bradley Cooper May Be Cast As Han Solo's Son

Selorian

I'd be okay with it, he can act, and he has just enough arrogance/cockiness that would fit into the role. But I wouldn't put much stock in it, rumors are just that.

I would be cool with it too. He is legit as an actor in all aspects of comedy/action/drama. Is he bordering too old to be Han's son though?

if this is true then this pretty much confirms they are just completely getting rid of the entire Post ROTJ EU. In no way does Bradley Cooper fit either Anakin Solo or Jacen Solo. He really is more like Han Solo then either of those two. I also can't see him being a jedi.

Unless of course this just turns out to be the worst casting since Samuel L Jackson as Mace WIndu.

if this is true then this pretty much confirms they are just completely getting rid of the entire Post ROTJ EU. In no way does Bradley Cooper fit either Anakin Solo or Jacen Solo. He really is more like Han Solo then either of those two. I also can't see him being a jedi.

Unless of course this just turns out to be the worst casting since Samuel L Jackson as Mace WIndu.

They've all ready said that the new movies will be an original story, not something pulled from the EU.

The EU truly is effectively fan fiction now.

Which on one level is a good thing because of how crappy most of the content was, but at the same time, it's pretty well established in the franchise at this stage. Either way, I kinda feel sorry for the Wookieepedia editors who are going to have to sort the mess of rewrites and retcons coming up.

Episode 7 will not follow the EU.

Well, considering that the Pablo Hidalgo supplied the writers of the new Star Wars with reference material ("...In short order, I met with some of Kathleen Kennedy’s key staffers who were now aboard with Lucasfilm. I introduced myself to her expanding story development team, and offered what insight I could given my long history with Star Wars and my deep knowledge of the saga. I’ve been fortunate to become known as one of the guys who knows Star Wars inside and out within the company. As George Lucas began preparing his treatments for future films, I’d get random requests for research from his office, and helped prepare documents, primers and writer guides for the next generation of Star Wars filmmakers, whoever they may be."), I would actually beg to differ on that matter. However, it is true and confirmed that Episode 7 will not follow an existing story in the EU. Unless Episode 7 somehow happens before Jacen Solo dies, I would say this rumor is false.

What was wrong with Mr. Jackson? He's the only Jedi that I've ever been afraid to tick off. For all his mumbo jumbo lines, he managed to bring considerable presence to his role.

But back on topic, yeah the Post-RotJ EU is going straight out the window. And good riddance! We could use some clear headed writing in the era. It started on the wrong foot with Dark Empire and went downhill from there...

What was wrong with Mr. Jackson? He's the only Jedi that I've ever been afraid to tick off. For all his mumbo jumbo lines, he managed to bring considerable presence to his role.

But back on topic, yeah the Post-RotJ EU is going straight out the window. And good riddance! We could use some clear headed writing in the era. It started on the wrong foot with Dark Empire and went downhill from there...

nothing is wrong with Mr. Jackson when he is playing his usual characters. However Mr. Jackson should not be playing a wise, calm and collected jedi. That's a role for say Forrest Whittiiker.

Also yeah I doubt Bradly Cooper will be playing Jacen Solo or Anakin Solo.

Lucas has also stated that he was not a fan of the Post ROTJ EU. He said that is not the way he would have done it, The emperor woudln't have been cloned, Luke woudln't get married and so on. Now granted he is not writting this but he still has a say in what happens.

Edited by jarjarloves

I guess they are planning on putting this about 30 years after ROTJ.

So very doubtfull we will see a Boba Fett Cameo, I suppose he will stay dead this time.

I think it's supposed to be 40 years so yeah boba would be 80 or 90 years old at that point. This is also the reason why the rummored Boba Fett movie takes place before ROTJ.

I would be cool with it too. He is legit as an actor in all aspects of comedy/action/drama. Is he bordering too old to be Han's son though?

I agree he gets my vote, but Harrison Ford is around 32 years older then Bradely Cooper so thats about right.

Edited by Hardwear

nothing is wrong with Mr. Jackson when he is playing his usual characters. However Mr. Jackson should not be playing a wise, calm and collected jedi. That's a role for say Forrest Whittiiker.[/color]

Well, Mace Windu is not "calm and collected". He's focused and intense, and is quite different from the rest of the Jedi Council. If anything, he should be the ideal towards which Jedi Guardians strive.

Lucas has also stated that he was not a fan of the Post ROTJ EU. He said that is not the way he would have done it, The emperor woudln't have been cloned, Luke woudln't get married and so on. Now granted he is not writting this but he still has a say in what happens.

That's a breath of fresh air for certain. The Post-RotJ stuff was really rather sloppy, it'll be good to get a reboot.

How can Bradley Cooper be considered? I thought his acting career got cut short after he contracted bipolar disorder or something.

Anyway, the right candiate for the role is Shia LeBeouf IMO. Shia is the spitting image of a young Harrison Ford and has plenty of experience with epic CGI-heavy trilogies (Transformers).

The resemblance is uncanny:

http://cdn2.modernman.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Unknown.jpeg

How can Bradley Cooper be considered? I thought his acting career got cut short after he contracted bipolar disorder or something.

Anyway, the right candiate for the role is Shia LeBeouf IMO. Shia is the spitting image of a young Harrison Ford and has plenty of experience with epic CGI-heavy trilogies (Transformers).

The resemblance is uncanny:

http://cdn2.modernman.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Unknown.jpeg

umm defenetly not. He is in an oscar nominated movie in which he HAS bipolar disorder.

His career is taking off.

Shia would be the worst choice

I assumed he was joking about Shia atleast i hope it was a joke.

Next thing we'll find out that not only was the force caused by midichlorians, but that ancient aliens injected us with them! And it's possible to survive the destruction of Alderaan by jumping inside a refrigerator!

Oh, wait... they already made that movie, and I think Steven Spielberg got shot for it...

And it's possible to survive the destruction of Alderaan by jumping inside a refrigerator!

LOL!

Shia is even a Star Wars-y name. It's the will of the force!

Whew..thanks for confirming you were just trollin. :cool:

Edited by Hardwear

I'd be ok with Cooper in that role. All though like someone else said he should be a non force user... a strict younger version of Han. He'd be good playing that cocky yet likeable guy with the big smile... has worked for him before. All though still kinda hard to imagine the nerdy guy from Alias being as popular as he is now lol.