Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Macros banned?

Stonzy
05.07.2016 , 11:20 AM | #1
Hey guys, so I wanted to ask, are Macros banned completely in SWTOR? You see, I just got a Razer Naga 2014 MMO Left Handed Mouse and was considering setting Macros but have heard they are banned? Is this true? I know Macros are frowned upon by players (especially PVP, but I don't PVP really anyway) but are they actually banned?

Or are just continuous looping Macros banned but non looping Macros are allowed? If you guys could let me know, I'd appreciate it. Thanks guys

PatBeal
05.07.2016 , 11:22 AM | #2
You cannot macro more than 1 action

so you cant macro say a leap and a attack together or a cooldown, an attack and a stim together

Stonzy
05.07.2016 , 11:31 AM | #3
So it's pretty much pointless having any macros, right? I'm still ok key binding my rotation of 5 abilities to the numbered 1-12 buttons on the side, right?

PatBeal
05.07.2016 , 11:35 AM | #4
Yep That is pretty much it ,
if you can do it with the standard interface with a single key press or mouse click its allowable anything more is not

Theeko
05.07.2016 , 02:16 PM | #5
I don't think Swtor had any macro support ever since launch

Thanatus
05.07.2016 , 02:32 PM | #6
Well, to be honest, I have a macro to keep repeating the same action, e.g. when using gifts to raise companion affection ... just let it run on lvl 1-2 gifts until the companion gets to level 15-20 can take several minutes while I do other stuff around the house ... I think technically that would be against the ToS as well but as it doesn't affect anything it is sort of forgivable ...
<Tomb of Freedon Nadd> - Imperial Legends

Holocron
05.07.2016 , 03:10 PM | #7
Let's face it, macros exist in game. In fact most people can run them with little fear of reprisal. The only time you have to worry about macros is when you are pvping, and even then only if some reports you. It would then take CS time to actually parse out your combat data to even prove that you used a macro. With as chaotic as pvp is, and the general lack of CS now days, you are relatively safe, unless you very egregious in your actions. So should you macro? I will leave that decision up to you.

^ My referral link above is like a one night stand ^
You'll enjoy it...I'll enjoy it...And no one has to sneak out

Thanatus
05.07.2016 , 04:21 PM | #8
I think much worse is credit farming using macros ... e.g. doing the space ships runs which you can fully automated
<Tomb of Freedon Nadd> - Imperial Legends

Stonzy
05.07.2016 , 07:15 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Holocron View Post
Let's face it, macros exist in game. In fact most people can run them with little fear of reprisal. The only time you have to worry about macros is when you are pvping, and even then only if some reports you. It would then take CS time to actually parse out your combat data to even prove that you used a macro. With as chaotic as pvp is, and the general lack of CS now days, you are relatively safe, unless you very egregious in your actions. So should you macro? I will leave that decision up to you.
Well, I wouldn't intend to do PvP since I'm just not into that.

I'd use it really as a 1 button fire of my Rotation in PvE tbh. Reason being is I have severe arthritis in my Right hand, so using the keyboard with said Right hand can be both slow and somewhat painful. So I'd use a Macro just as a 1 button runthrough of my Rotation so I can use my much better left hand off the Mouse and to move with WASD. Otherwise I'd be pretty much hopeless in Ops as a DPS where it can take me a few extra seconds for each ability to fire in my Rotation. I can do it without Macros, but in Ops I'd be severely under performing and thus would hamper the group. As I said, using a Macros just to fire off my Rotation would be much easier.

I doubt BW would find out, but it's probably not worth it so I don't think I'll bother :/

Ratajack
05.07.2016 , 07:51 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Thanatus View Post
Well, to be honest, I have a macro to keep repeating the same action, e.g. when using gifts to raise companion affection ... just let it run on lvl 1-2 gifts until the companion gets to level 15-20 can take several minutes while I do other stuff around the house ... I think technically that would be against the ToS as well but as it doesn't affect anything it is sort of forgivable ...
Unless I am mistaken, that is absolutely against the TOS and is actionable, should BW choose to take action.