Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please eliminate chapter autostart when entering Alliance Base

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please eliminate chapter autostart when entering Alliance Base

CloudCastle
05.05.2016 , 12:48 PM | #1
This is becoming a greater pet peeve of mine with every passing update. If you are not current with the latest chapter, then you are essentially locked out of ALL alert missions, ALL alliance crate turn-ins and ANY vendor interactions with NPC's inside the Alliance Base. The only way to regain access is to accept the auto-play on the chapter.

Hitting ESCAPE does not solve the problem.

Unlike hitting escape while in other instances, in this one, you are booted completely out of the base when you do that, and running back in simply restarts the loop all over again.

The Eternal Championship can be started after Chapter 9. But any character trying to complete the Bowdaar mission that comes with it will not be able to until they have finished the rest of the currently released chapters. I don't think this was intended.

I wanted to get Bowdaar back but my smuggler has not yet completed chapter 12. I finished his mission but cannot turn it in, so I am locked out of getting Bowdaar until I play all the released chapters and am up to date again. I don't think this should be a requirement for getting companions, turning in missions and crates. This same thing happened to me with the Blizz mission.

I am deliberate in what characters I decide to take through what chapters and when. There is a reason why I haven't done that chapter with her. I would like to see this instance adjusted so that it acts like all the other story instances in the game, allowing you to escape and then click on the appropriate NPC when you are ready to start the conversation.

peter_plankskull
05.05.2016 , 12:51 PM | #2
While it is annoying... your not completely locked out as you can finish the conversation and then go back to odessian.

That doesn't mean they should not get rid of this however!

CloudCastle
05.05.2016 , 01:04 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by peter_plankskull View Post
While it is annoying... your not completely locked out as you can finish the conversation and then go back to odessian.

That doesn't mean they should not get rid of this however!
I haven't tested this with all the chapters, but yeah, one of them dumped me on Zakuul afterwards. I may have to try doing a partial chapter like that, but given the issues some people are having with patches dropping while they are in the middle of chapters, I prefer to stay away from that.

TheSeventhJedi
05.05.2016 , 01:06 PM | #4
Yeah, I was trying to do Arma Rasa on a toon that wasn't up to date yet (but past chapter 11,) and it FORCED me to enter a chapter to do the quest. I was able to see Oggie once I finally got out of the cutscene, but it was really obnoxious, because as pointed out, escaping out of the convo didn't work.
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

Xina_LA
05.05.2016 , 01:58 PM | #5
This was an unpleasant surprise for me, as well. It would be nice if we had to push a button or start a conversation to kick off new chapters.

Diviciacus
05.05.2016 , 02:01 PM | #6
There's a very easy workaround for this. Teleport to one of the alliance contacts (Hylo Visz et alia).

The reason for this is that the trigger for the new chapter isn't entering the phase, it's walking past an invisible line on the floor right at the phase door by the elevator. If you go into the phase via teleporting to a contact, you don't walk across the trigger.
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

KyaniteD
05.05.2016 , 02:05 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Diviciacus View Post
There's a very easy workaround for this. Teleport to one of the alliance contacts (Hylo Visz et alia).

The reason for this is that the trigger for the new chapter isn't entering the phase, it's walking past an invisible line on the floor right at the phase door by the elevator. If you go into the phase via teleporting to a contact, you don't walk across the trigger.
Actually no. Teleporting to an Alliance contact will also auto-start the chapter.
Darkvs.Light:
Shepard Effect ᶩ彡
Donate your referral to
Dulfy / MMO-Fashion TORCommunityMe

CloudCastle
05.05.2016 , 02:06 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Diviciacus View Post

Teleporting to a contact doesn't work either, unfortunately. That's how I discovered this problem in the first place, because that's usually how I go to turn in quests and alliance crates. There's basically no way to enter the base and circumvent the chapter autostart.

Thoronmir
05.05.2016 , 02:08 PM | #9
I read this and feel validated in my decision to wait until all of KOTFE has released before playing any more of it.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Becky Pepper never forgets

Diviciacus
05.05.2016 , 02:15 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
Teleporting to a contact doesn't work either, unfortunately. That's how I discovered this problem in the first place, because that's usually how I go to turn in quests and alliance crates. There's basically no way to enter the base and circumvent the chapter autostart.
Quote: Originally Posted by KyaniteD View Post
Actually no. Teleporting to an Alliance contact will also auto-start the chapter.
Then you have a problem and should be contact customer service. I've been teleporting to the alliance contacts for two weeks on my Sith Warrior w/o any problems, because I wanted to finish the Chapter VIIII stuff before starting Chapter X.
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.