Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GSF needs love

Greezt
01.15.2016 , 06:25 AM | #1
Hello devs, I hope you read this.

A while ago, you posted this thread on the Gsf forums. As I'm sure you know, it's gotten lots of responses.

Understandably, Gsf isn't your top priority at the moment. The new storyline, the game changes, everything that happened obviously takes priority. But yesterday in the stream, I was hoping you'd say something about Gsf. Not a strike rebalance (although that would be nice), but something. A new map, a bug fix... Anything.

The Gsf community has been growing ever since 4.0 launch, I'm sure people have felt it. With more players becoming active in the game, it would make more sense to give us some much missed attention.

I'd love to know what you have in store for Gsf. Please let us know, in forums or in the next dev stream.

Thanks

artbunny
01.15.2016 , 07:37 AM | #2
You have my ax- uh, thermite torpedo!

But on a more serious note, I agree full-heartedly! My server has a growing and pretty active GSF community, and I'd love to see it get some love. New maps, new ships, new playstyles... it'd all be welcome!

Fluffometer
01.15.2016 , 07:55 AM | #3
I must give this another go - thanks for the reminder! I was amusingly rubbish at it first time around.

Stradlin
01.15.2016 , 07:57 AM | #4
Galactic Starfighter is by far the best, most unique portion of SW:TOR. Experience you get from playing SW:TOR as a GSF pilot is one you can get from no other MMO. If we look past the social aspects (friends, RPs, guild commitments, bla bla), GSF is the sole reason I still keep playing TOR.

Having to watch such an awesome, unique portion of the game to go completely overlooked while EA happily enough earmarks tens of millions to daddy issue CGI and new expansion that mostly boils down to watching four hours of cutscenes makes a script for a very sad comedy.

Quote: Originally Posted by Fluffometer View Post
I must give this another go - thanks for the reminder! I was amusingly rubbish at it first time around.
Everybody always is.; p I'm not sure if anyone has ever been *good* in GSF from the get go. If you watch few good tutorial videos and find a way to make the learning-the-basics -bit fun, rest will pretty much take care of itself .
:

branmakmuffin
01.15.2016 , 08:17 AM | #5
GSF is a failed mini-game, like PvE space is. No point in throwing good money after bad. STO is that way ---->

Lendul
01.15.2016 , 08:37 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Fluffometer View Post
It is very fun once you get your bearings and the game slows down some. There are some pretty good GSF streams that people can watch and learn from now. Which is not something that was not abundantly available when GSF launched.

To comment on the subject of this post. I now speak to the developers. I play GSF more than any other part of the game aside from doing the story. I have tried to support GSF by buying everything related to GSF in the Cartel market. I am now at a problem where I do not have anything left to buy. If you would make it I would buy it. The GSF community is the most friendly PvP community I have been involved in. They are also trying very hard by constantly having player created content. Examples of this are things such as:
  1. Stock Nights
  2. Strike FIghter only nights
  3. Conquest events involving the greater GSF community
  4. Super Serious Night where the all stars from each server assemble on a particular server to have no holds barred epic showdowns

In many of these events prizes are given out. If new Cartel market items were developed they would undoubtedly be bought as prizes for these events as well. Which would encourage even more events. Which would lead to more prize buying.

Another easy to facilitate request would be to ask the community team to pass by the GSF forums to see what is going on. It might not seem like much, but Tweeting about the community created events would go a long way. Many of these are being streamed and could even help promote and inject a little more life into the game. I guess I am simply asking you to help us help you.

Lastly this request is in no way unique to GSF and I am sure it is the most common request from all the different sections of the game. Please try to get the outstanding bugs fixed. The most notable would be the bottom tier selection of sabotage probe that breaks the functionality of the component when selected.

Thank you for your time and reading this. For any players taking the time to read this /cjoin your server's GSF channel and let us prove our willingness to help you enjoy this part of the game with us. It is named "GSF" on every server other than the Republic side on the POT5 server there it will be "Pilot"

branmakmuffin
01.15.2016 , 08:39 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lendul View Post
Super Serious Night where the all stars from each server assemble on a particular server to have no holds barred epic showdowns
So the same small group of vets fighting each other over and over and over ...

The words "elitism" and "who cares?" spring to mind.

Lendul
01.15.2016 , 08:44 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
So the same small group of vets fighting each other over and over and over ...

The words "elitism" and "who cares?" spring to mind.
It only happens maybe once a month. It is just an event the GSF people do for fun and allows pilots to get to know people from other servers. I guess the closest thing to this in game would be the ranked queue for regular PvP except in GSF it would only be up for 4 hours once a month and only on 1 server. Definitely not intended for elitism.

ImmortalLowlife
01.15.2016 , 08:50 AM | #9
Add controller/joystick support, and I'll give it another shot. But the current control scheme is imho.....GARBAGE. You loose a LOT of players off this aspect alone.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Lendul
01.15.2016 , 08:58 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
Add controller/joystick support, and I'll give it another shot. But the current control scheme is imho.....GARBAGE. You loose a LOT of players off this aspect alone.
I am not sure it would help even if they did. The joystick people would still find themselves at significant disadvantage to the keyboard and mouse players. In a true flight sim this would not be the case, but GSF can not really be considered a flight sim and was never intended to be one because there are not enough physics in place to categorize it as such. GSF is more of a twitch shooter which is what Bioware has always called it "Space Combat".