Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To KOTFE Writers: Bowdaar--HUGE Disappointment (SPOILERS!)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
To KOTFE Writers: Bowdaar--HUGE Disappointment (SPOILERS!)

AshlaBoga
05.07.2016 , 09:38 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
If *they* kill off the companions unavoidably, that's not a choice the player, that's Bioware killing them off.

If there's a "kill one companion or the other" "choice" that's put in, that's not a choice, that's contrived "drama".
Hmmm, I always picked Ashley over Kaidan.

I had to watch youtube videos to find out what ME2/ME3 was like if you let her die instead.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Knorlac
05.07.2016 , 11:22 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by DieAlteHexe View Post
Yeah, not best pleased with how this is working out. It seems to be just overlooking important bits of our characters' previous lives.

Wish they'd handled this differently, for sure.
*puts on his tinfoil hat*

Between the crazy leveling speed, the by default hidden sidequests and the lvl 60 tokens I sometimes think that they don't really want us playing the 1-55 content anymore as it could remind players that they once got 8 class stories and later at least 2 completely different story lines complete with their own sidequests and heroics for the same subcription fee that now only gets you a one size fits all story with no more group content in development.

But hey, don't we(and I really mean every single one of us) just love being the outlander?!

MaryEO
05.07.2016 , 11:29 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Eanelinea View Post
Trust me, I feel you. There's times I look at the dialogue wheel or the KOTOR style way they do things and I'm like 'what the **** is this?' but if it's close I choose it.

I was surprised when my female sith war met up with Vette, one of her BFFs, and Vette cracked a joke about me dreaming of Quinn, and hopefully seeing him with her shock collar on while on his hands and knees...I was like 'damn, Vette, you're kinky!' And I chose something my RP warrior might say and got the bit where I 'forgave him long ago'.

I'm still waiting for Torian to show up next month. THAT will be interesting. And I didn't realize Gault would tell me EVERYONE went looking for me, including Skadge, but they went broke and split up.

I like to maintain in my head (whether it's mentioned or not by the companions you meet up with again) that after the initial confrontation with the Eternal Fleet when you were on Marr's ship, they all flew back to where you last were and spent days looking for you. When that didn't work, they waited maybe a few months to a year wondering if you were a POW or KIA. Then when you still didn't come back and no one either cared (like Andronikos and Quinn mention of them asking Dromund Kaas/Sith Dark council *** you were), they all went into their own forms of a massive depression, couldn't stand being on your ship anymore, and took off to fight the Zakuul/Eternal Empire in your name because they wanted revenge. Sure, people like Kaliyo might/do deny it, but they lost their husband/wife, best friend, a good thing they had.
I will definitely be choosing the "close" option from now on.

I totally agree that they went looking. I know Corso did because he said so in the letter. I imagine they all waited at Port Nowhere for several months, grieving, and I could see Corso just running away suddenly the way he did after his family was killed. I think he either went to Zakuul to continue looking (and maybe found out what happened and got himself frozen in carbonite for attempting to break her out), or he went off to find Rona, his only family left, and she'd gotten pregnant, married, settled down on a farm, so that's where he went. Just some fun ideas, though I think the imprisoned one is likely because Arcann made no secret about the outlander who killed Valkorian, and if there were any images of her shown, Corso would then know. Besides, it would require a rescue mission to get him out. I even entertained the notion that Lana knows where he is, but doesn't tell the captain because she's afraid she'll risk everything just to go after him.

Okay, I spend far too much time thinking about all this, I know. (But that's what happens when you get so invested that you have to write the whole class story and all the parts they didn't put in.)

I'm glad they're doing good things with the reunions with other classes. I watched a vid of the agent/Kaliyo romanced reunion, and while that was not even remotely romantic, it seemed to fit what little I know of Kaliyo from acquiring her. I've only played an Sith Assassin (and not too far yet) so I haven't played those others yet, but I liked Vette and am looking forward to playing a warrior just for that relationship.

MaryEO
05.07.2016 , 11:31 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Knorlac View Post
But hey, don't we(and I really mean every single one of us) just love being the outlander?!
Yes. All those other people on Odessen are support staff!

Uruare
05.07.2016 , 02:22 PM | #45
You can get your Model T in any color you want, so long as it's black.

MaryEO
05.08.2016 , 08:15 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
You actually can talk about Corso to Bowdaar and get a brief response, but the conversation option is not obvious. I'll have to dig out my fraps video if you want the actual lines, but it's the part where Bowdaar says something about how after all his adventures with you, he found that he was craving the simple life for a change. You can respond with something like (going from memory here), "Yeah, I could see settling on Dantooine while my farmboy works the lands, sans shirt of course." Then Bowdaar replies about how Corso was devastated when he lost you and cried on Bowdaar's shoulder for months. It was really sweet. Although I wish I could have been like, "Soooo...where's Corso now??" But I couldn't.
Well, I have looked and looked and no one has posted a vid that I can find of Bowdaar's comment about Corso. I would just like to read the words he said, if not see it. Can you post that, please? : ) I'm killing myself over this. : /

CloudCastle
05.09.2016 , 11:11 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by MaryEO View Post
Well, I have looked and looked and no one has posted a vid that I can find of Bowdaar's comment about Corso. I would just like to read the words he said, if not see it. Can you post that, please? : ) I'm killing myself over this. : /
No problem! Here is the part of the conversation about Corso:

Bowdaar: "When I was left on my own to decide, I decided to try a simple life."

Smuggler: "I've considered it myself. Maybe settle down on some quiet ranch and put my little farm-hand out to pasture. Sans shirt, of course." (Choice #2)

Bowdaar: "Corso....He wept as no warrior would want to be seen. Such is his care for you. My shoulder was damp for months."

Then he goes on to the part of about honoring you every life day.

So Bowdaar and Corso stayed together for a few months, but Bowdaar still didn't tell me where he left him when they parted ways. I mean, any hint would be welcome, you know!

JouerTue
05.09.2016 , 11:24 AM | #48
kotor 3 wannabe
The Red Eclipse
Republic: anstacav, giranda, hobogo, vitulal, wasiq, zadoro, onovidi
Empire: astutillo, comel'am, covamo, heksebo, qarrarr, dadietr
The Harbringer- Republic: hobogo; Empire: qarrarr

MaryEO
05.09.2016 , 11:28 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
No problem! Here is the part of the conversation about Corso:

Bowdaar: "When I was left on my own to decide, I decided to try a simple life."

Smuggler: "I've considered it myself. Maybe settle down on some quiet ranch and put my little farm-hand out to pasture. Sans shirt, of course." (Choice #2)

Bowdaar: "Corso....He wept as no warrior would want to be seen. Such is his care for you. My shoulder was damp for months."

Then he goes on to the part of about honoring you every life day.

So Bowdaar and Corso stayed together for a few months, but Bowdaar still didn't tell me where he left him when they parted ways. I mean, any hint would be welcome, you know!
Bless you for sharing! Thanks so much! I think Corso probably just ran off one day, but it sure would have been nice to get a hint! :::sigh::: You know she had to ask later. Just like all the other convos we never see, such as telling Lana about her night in the woods. Did she or didn't she? Does anyone know Valkorian left her? So many balls dropped.